Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Csnphilly.com: Cary Williams, Riley Cooper Fight At Practice (With Heartwarming Video)

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/cary-williams-riley-cooper-fight-practice

Tensions flared at Eagles practice Thursday as cornerback Cary Williams and wide receiver Riley Cooper tangled up and needed to be restrained by teammates.

The fracas occurred about a half-hour into practice, while reporters were still allowed to be on the sidelines. The cause of the altercation isn’t entirely clear -- players will address the media after practice -- but Williams had been covering Cooper on the play. Both went to the ground and started scuffling until they were separated. (UPDATE: Cooper said fight had nothing to do the racial slur he made earlier this summer.)

I still wonder what the lasting affects will be from Chip Kelly keeping Cooper on the team. Hopefully we can send them down that road a lil quicker with a solid beatdown on MNF.

This team has the makings of a disaster. They're banking on having a great offense to win some games. Well what if Kelly isn't cut out to be an offensive genius? What happens when the players realize that this hurry up offense is doing nothing but hurrying them off the field and tell him to take his windsprints and shove them up his arse? I'd prefer they win at least 4 games this year to avoid having a top 3 pick, but I'm not convinced they won't finish at or near the bottom.

I'd prefer they win at least 4 games this year to avoid having a top 3 pick, but I'm not convinced they won't finish at or near the bottom.

Maybe we can cheer for them against Dallas and NYG.

Would that cheer ya up, Mr. Taggert? [blazing Saddles reference]

This team has the makings of a disaster. They're banking on having a great offense to win some games. Well what if Kelly isn't cut out to be an offensive genius? What happens when the players realize that this hurry up offense is doing nothing but hurrying them off the field and tell him to take his windsprints and shove them up his arse? I'd prefer they win at least 4 games this year to avoid having a top 3 pick, but I'm not convinced they won't finish at or near the bottom.

I think the funniest part about all of this is that some people expect them to go bonkers in their first game no less, with a new system on both sides of the ball, with a coach with no prior NFL coaching experience. And they're supposed to soundly beat us?

That's almost like defying the laws of physics. There's a natural process that has to occur in the big leagues. No one ever steps in immediately and takes the league by storm. And just imagine how Desean Jackson will start acting if things go south. Dude is a frontrunner. That team will fold like origami.

Per the ESPN article

Williams has a history of on-field incidents. He was fined twice last season, while playing for the Baltimore Ravens, for extracurricular behavior. He and Jackson were fined $10,000 for after-the-whistle shoving in a game between the Ravens and Eagles. Williams was fined $15,750 for a late hit against Denver. He was also caught shoving an official in the Super Bowl.

Just last month, Williams was tossed out of a joint practice session with the Patriots for getting into a facemask-grabbing tussle with a Patriots wide receiver.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9637743/riley-cooper-cary-williams-philadelphia-eagles-scuffle-practice

Might be that Williams is just a jerk and this has nothing to do with Coopers racist concert rant.

“I try to be the peacemaker,” said Vick, “but these young dudes don’t respect me.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/michael-vick-riley-cooper-cary-williams-philadelphia-eagles-respect/

It gets better. RGIII is respected by everyone in our locker room. Peers, vets, and all those in between. 

And you know this how...?

Williams is the idiot here. Reportedly, he mouthed "this is one n-word you don't want to mess with" to Cooper several times. He's basically no better than Cooper. That word should never be uttered by anyone, of any race.

I coach a U16 travel soccer team that is pretty talented, but have a couple of "mentally weak" players that will lose it in games when they continually get fouled and nothing is called.  So, periodically in practice I will quietly go up to one or two individuals who like being physical and tell them to "push buttons" of those players during a scrimmage to see how they react.  Maybe this is a case similar to that, and if so, it's not a good showing by Cooper because you KNOW he's going to get this all season, starting with Hall on Monday night.  He better get used to it.

And you know this how...?

I coach a U16 travel soccer team that is pretty talented, but have a couple of "mentally weak" players that will lose it in games when they continually get fouled and nothing is called.  So, periodically in practice I will quietly go up to one or two individuals who like being physical and tell them to "push buttons" of those players during a scrimmage to see how they react.  Maybe this is a case similar to that, and if so, it's not a good showing by Cooper because you KNOW he's going to get this all season, starting with Hall on Monday night.  He better get used to it.

most of your post didn't make it.  I was going to respond to the original question.

If London Fletcher loves him, that says it all.  We're a team now.  For the first time in a long time.

I personally think it's all being blown out of proportion.

Fights happen during practice. It shows weak mentality in the players, yes...but things get heated and things happen.

To jump at it and say the is Coopers fault for his incident before, I think is silly, and if that's the case, the person still upset by it has skin too thin for football.

It's just a word. No one should say it. No one should say any racial slurr, and no one should ever insult anyone. But guess what? It happens, and getting this upset over a word is just silly.

Per the ESPN article

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9637743/riley-cooper-cary-williams-philadelphia-eagles-scuffle-practice

Might be that Williams is just a jerk and this has nothing to do with Coopers racist concert rant.

Per the ESPN article

BINGO. If I was going to cut anyone it would be the hot head overrated Williams. He's been a pain the but since the Egles signed him. Nobody else on the Eagles is still holding a grudge against Cooper. He made a mistake and paid for it and if mister toast Williams can't get over it I would release him. He very immature and not a team guy,

Cooper started it and Williams finished it.

The only think Williams finished was running his mouth after the fact telling Cooper he was no "N". Get over it Williams. The fans are going to be boing you out of town once you start getting burnt on pass plays like you have all preseason. He thinks he's better then.

Williams is the idiot here. Reportedly, he mouthed "this is one n-word you don't want to mess with" to Cooper several times. He's basically no better than Cooper. That word should never be uttered by anyone, of any race.

Of course the media will never blow that out of proportion. Coopers words were a media wet dream.

“I try to be the peacemaker,” said Vick, “but these young dudes don’t respect me.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/09/michael-vick-riley-cooper-cary-williams-philadelphia-eagles-respect/

It gets better. RGIII is respected by everyone in our locker room. Peers, vets, and all those in between. 

Winning cures all. If Robert didn't win last year he would not be nearly as respected. If Vick wins he will be respected.

Winning cures all. If Robert didn't win last year he would not be nearly as respected. If Vick wins he will be respected.

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Respect is gained by more than just winning. Work ethic, character, reliability, trustworthiness,  general personality, etc. I can't tell you how Vick rates, but we know RG has been stellar with these attributes. 

I don't know if that's necessarily true. Respect is gained by more than just winning. Work ethic, character, reliability, trustworthiness, general personality, etc. I can't tell you how Vick rates, but we know RG has been stellar with these attributes.

Very true, Robert had the respect of the locker room and the vets before the regular season started last year if I'm recalling all the articles from last preseason correctly.

Robert was named team captain via team vote during the bye week in which we had just came off of 3 awful losses. 

Yeah, he's respected in the locker room. And to think it's anything BUT a vast majority is silly knowing that right there.   

Respect/leadership has very little to do with simply winning and losing.

I'm not going to say there's a direct link, but I will point out that during last year's bye week, RG3 was made team captain and then we went on a tear.  Leaders motivate their team to win. 

Archived