Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Jokes About Letting Griffin Play Against Steelers

Rhodus333

But yeah, that's definitely a coach and QB at odd with each other. I definitely see a rift forming.

Aliens have abducted Mike Shanahan.  The real Shanahan doesn't smile or laugh, and when he makes jokes, they aren't funny, and he has to tell people he was joking.

Ok, I think he actually had to tell Robert he was joking.  So, maybe the alien theory has some holes...

But yeah, they looked like they were at each other's throats.

I remember seeing that moment before the game. It would be great to hear the sideline audio of it...

Yeah, I commented on it in the gameday thread.  It was rather amusing.  

Wait. That can't be real.  Those two are engaged in a war of words and can barely stand each other, right?

What you didn't see was the cage-fight that took place after the game, where Griff took off the knee brace, and used it to club Shanahan about the head and neck.

Did you see how the Post decided to perceive it:

I don’t think this should serve as a referendum on the Mike
Shanahan-Robert Griffin III relationship
, but it’s kind of nice to see
them all smiley and laughing together, rather than possibly or possibly
not arguing through press conference.

This sideline laff-fest happened right at the beginning of Monday’s
Redskins-Steelers preseason game. Mike Shanahan seems to be jokingly
gesturing for Robert Griffin III to get on the field, and Griffin seems
to respond with uproarious laughter. And swords were beaten into
plowshares, and spears into pruning hooks, and there was peace in the
land. For one night, anyhow.

Translation: "Don't pay any attention to how Shanahan and Griffin act towards each other, it means nothing...only media speculation should be seen as reliable. (but if there was even the smallest hint of tension between them on the sidelines we in the media would be overanalyzing it and presenting it as proof that we were right)"

It's odd to see Shanahan smile.

Yeah... it's almost like a Ranger Instructor telling you it's okay to "go to sleep". lol

Did you see how the Post decided to perceive it:

Translation: "Don't pay any attention to how Shanahan and Griffin act towards each other, it means nothing...only media speculation should be seen as reliable. (but if there was even the smallest hint of tension between them on the sidelines we in the media would be overanalyzing it and presenting it as proof that we were right)"

Who's piece was that?  UnWise Mike?

Dan Steinberg

Huh... I know he's butt hurt because Burgundy Blog and Murf have been giving him **** via twitter saying that there's no riff.  They went hard about a week ago.  He rarely admits when he's wrong.  Hangs out too much with Wise for that.

He can get bent. 

Impressed that Jason Reid has apparently let that one go.  He's almost becoming a good guy :o

Huh... I know he's butt hurt because Burgundy Blog and Murf have been giving him **** via twitter saying that there's no riff.  They went hard about a week ago.  He rarely admits when he's wrong.  Hangs out too much with Wise for that.

He can get bent. 

Impressed that Jason Reid has apparently let that one go.  He's almost becoming a good guy :o

What are you referring to in regards to Jason Reid?

Yeah, I commented on it in the gameday thread.  It was rather amusing.  have 

What you didn't see was the cage-fight that took place after the game, where Griff took off the knee brace, and used it to club Shanahan about the head and neck.

BAW GAWD, KING!  NOT LIKE THIS!  RING THE DAMN BELL!

Archived