Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is the most (________) play you've witnessed live in the stands?

Audible_Red40

Euphoric: First game in 1987 after the 3-0 scab run. We hosted the Jets and looked sluggish but Ali Haji Shiek split the uprights for a 17-16 W!

Deflating: in 2004 vs. the Packers, Portis took a Brunell pass to the house to seemingly give us a late, 1-point lead. The play was called back due to an illegal procedure penalty on Thrash. We lost by 14.

I was at the game in Chicago where Hall picked off Cutler four times:

I was in the 4th row behind the Bears tunnel and got a front row seat to watching Haynesworth basically pick up one of the Chicago guards and hurl him into Cutler for a "projectile sack" - which is honestly the last good thing I remember him doing that season.

Mind you I dont get to fly out and see a game much but... The most "exciting" play I have seen in person is back in 2006 when Santana Moss caught that ball from Brunell in OT against the Jags and took it to the house. Pandemonium ensued.

absolutely.  I was there.  that was a crazy game.  one of the most exciting games ever at FedEx.

I think the most elated I have ever felt at a skins game was in Gibbs' first game back, Clinton Portis' first run from scrimmage goes 55 yards for a touchdown.

Listen at the beginning to who the defensive coordinator was for Tampa Bay.

And then look who the defensive coordinator for Dallas is.

Good signs ahead!

Without a doubt the most exciting play I witnessed live was the Hand of God play.

I've never seen a sure loss turned into a win in one frickin' play.

A veteran that wasn't on the roster very long and never played special teams blocks a sure field goal and as Gibbs said the one player you want to pick up the loose ball does (Sean Taylor) and returns it upfield and with the help of an obvious penalty gets it in position for the rarest of things - the untimed down with literally NO time on the clock for the kid who grew up in Redskins Country to come on and make a very long very clutch kick to beat our arch rivals? It was unbelievable!

No question - last year when RG3 ran for the touchdown vs. Minn. It was unbelievable... I was in the endzone, thats me in the picture below. Its hard to see but there was a  Viking fan, a really nice guy, sitting in front of us wearing a hat with horns. We bet him his hat that the Skins would win. He was such a great guy that we didnt have the heart to take it - he was as big a viking fan as we were skins fans.

I pulled the pic off the Redskins facebook page last year - anyone know how to get a HD Copy? I emailed the skins but no luck.

The three others would be 1986 when Jay Schroeder hit Clint Didier for an 70+ yard TD pass vs. Dallas for a huge win. 2006 Skins Jags in OT, Brunell to Moss for game winning TD and 2010 when  Gano hit the game winning FG in OT.

RG3scorecool.jpg

Christmas Eve 2005.  It was the loudest I had ever heard Fed Ex, and I go to 2-3 games a year.  Mark Brunell was kncoked out of the game.  Ramsey came in, and did one of those plays where he handed off to Clinton Portis, and Portis threw a touchdown pass to Chris Cooley.

We ended up winning the game.  But that play was frickin insane.  The Giants bit on it so hard, and Portis threw a perfect pass.  The place went nuts b/c there was a sense of dread when Brunell came out.  And then that happened and it completely revitalized the crowd/team.

Loudest thing I've ever heard at Fed Ex.

'05: Chargers OT loss, via Ladainian Tomlinson's "Touch Of Death" stiff arm of Ryan Clark, on the way to a walkoff TD. At the moment, I thought the season was over once again, but then "5 in a row or we don't go" happened. Horrible game. To this day, I still don't think I've ever seen as powerful of a stiff arm as I saw that day. Clark got lifted off of his feet. He probably started lifting weights as soon as he got home.

Christmas Eve 2005.  It was the loudest I had ever heard Fed Ex, and I go to 2-3 games a year.  Mark Brunell was kncoked out of the game.  Ramsey came in, and did one of those plays where he handed off to Clinton Portis, and Portis threw a touchdown pass to Chris Cooley.

We ended up winning the game.  But that play was frickin insane.  The Giants bit on it so hard, and Portis threw a perfect pass.  The place went nuts b/c there was a sense of dread when Brunell came out.  And then that happened and it completely revitalized the crowd/team.

I remember that game. I think that was the game where Moss score 3 long TD's and completely abused the Giants secondary. We won like 35-20 or something like that.

I'm not sure of what the blank should be but I was at the Saints game this year and The 88yd catch and run by Garçon was pretty awesome.

Also when we played Green Bay... 3 years ago?... Yeah with McNabb... McNabb hit Anthony Armstrong on a deep ball in the endzone that was right below us and that was amazing... FedEx blew up. Come to think of it, that entire game, the feeling in that place was awesome. The catch by Armstrong, the Mason Crosby field goal to win the game *DOINK* off the upright, Laron Landry INT of Aaron Rogers in OT and the Graham Gano field goal to win it. That was an awesome day.

'05: Chargers OT loss, via Ladainian Tomlinson's "Touch Of Death" stiff arm of Ryan Clark, on the way to a walkoff TD. At the moment, I thought the season was over once again, but then "5 in a row or we don't go" happened. Horrible game. To this day, I still don't think I've ever seen as powerful of a stiff arm as I saw that day. Clark got lifted off of his feet. He probably started lifting weights as soon as he got home.

I remember that game. I think that was the game where Moss score 3 long TD's and completely abused the Giants secondary. We won like 35-20 or something like that.

Yeah.  Perfect Christmas gift.  There was also one of the narliest fights I've ever seen at a Redskins game in the parking lot.  A drunken Giants fan in a Jeremy Shockey jersey was beligerent.  He started like beating on a mini van that was trying to leave one of the lots, and a dude got out of the mini van and hit the dude in the face with a full size Redskins helmet.  The dude in the Shockey jersey dropped and was covered in blood.  The people in the van left, and then the dude in the Shockey jersey got arrested.

Most "momentum-swinging" play I can remember was the blocked game-winning FG attempt by, I believe, Troy Vincent in a tie game against the Cowboys, after which Sean Taylor scooped up the ball, ran to around midfield, and drew a face mask call.  In a matter of seconds, we were facing a Cowboys' chip shot FG for the win (and yet another infuriating loss to those ****s) to nailing a GM FG of our own.  I remember the 180 in my emotions like it was yesterday.  RIP 21!

THIS!

When Witten caught the pass to set up the cowboys field goal the entire stadium was crushed...2 minutes later everybody was high 5-ing and hugging. Greatest Redskins moment of my life.

Gotta be the ST field goal block return.

We were in that endzone and it was mahem.  After Novak hit the FG the place went even farther into the abyss.  There were a couple of Cowboy fans with looks on their face that I will never forget. 

In a close second is Darryl Grants INT vs Dallas in the NFC title game.

Filling in the blank is the key on this one.

I wasn't actually at the game, I was on my recliner, and for good reason;

I don't remember [ prob a good thing ] but it was a MNF game, it was an ugly game, late in the 4th, when I believe field cops set off pepper spray or something to that effect due to a fight in the stands.  It was post-911 I think, and it was an ugly end to an ugly game.

On a good note, at least they made national news !

I've only been to two games and there weren't many good memories (the Giants game that we wore Circle R helmets and the Texans game in Shanny's first year). Ladell Betts on the goal line two plays in a row was the most "WTF?" moment, and Andre Johnson outjumping Doughty was the most deflating.

Historic - LT breaking Joe T's leg. Hearing the groans in the stands as people were watching the replay on portable TVs.

Pathetic - Joe Gibbs calling the second time out against Buffalo. Nasty weather day in the stands by that time also.

Exciting (for me) - my first game at RFK, Gibbs' first year, against NE, watching Mike Nelms field punts and break tackles in the rain. The man was fearless. I knew I was watching pro ball.

The Rook

December 1989, final home game of the year, and also Neal Olkewicz's final home game.  The Chargers were up 5 in the 4th, and going for it on 4th down Ryp hit Gary Clark for a 33 yard TD.  It was a pretty chilly day and the place went crazy.  We finished 10-6 that year having won the final 5 of the season but missed the playoffs--but Im pretty sure that we were still right in the hunt until the last game, so it was a pretty big win at the time. 

Archived