Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DailyCaller.com: Sarah Palin floats idea of leaving the Republican Party

88Comrade2000

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/29/sarah-palin-floats-idea-of-leaving-republican-party-video/

I think this would be a good thing.   If her and all her tea party types just go third party; that would be great.  Dems would love this, as they would be assured victories for years to come.

Let the real RINOS leave and run on their own merrits instead of highjacker a dead party as the GOP.  The GOP could then reform and become a party more in tune with the majority of Americans or wither away like the WHIGS.

she seemed to do well outside(or minimally aligned to it) the R party before...of course she has done well within it too

If the TP folk left would there be a shift of moderate Dems to the R's?

Would the Dems further split w/o them to castigate in attempts to deflect from their shortcomings?

I would like a three major party system, but don't see it happening.

always nice to see her argued over

as dumb as one of the longest lasting and strongest building materials used throughout history?

are you saying she has substance,integrity and staying power?

Only if a wise individual puts her neatly in place.

nicely done.  Both of you. lol.

At this point does her voice matter? Does she still hold significant sway?

I suspect her publicly musing about this is more about trying to get back into the spotlight.

Trust me, out here in "Real Umerikuh" there are a lot of people who still love Sarah, they love all things Tea Party. She still influences a lot of people out here, that said I think if Sarah bolted the GOP she'd take a few but I think the party would remain pretty strong.

Agree with the OP. GOP should have embraced the Tea Party and some of their stance on certain issues. Likewise maybe the Tea Party should compromise a bit. 

But anyway this means Hillary in 2016. God help us all.

Compromise = Curse Word for Tea Party.

At this point does her voice matter? Does she still hold significant sway?

I suspect her publicly musing about this is more about trying to get back into the spotlight.

Trust me, out here in "Real Umerikuh" there are a lot of people who still love Sarah, they love all things Tea Party. She still influences a lot of people out here, that said I think if Sarah bolted the GOP she'd take a few but I think the party would remain pretty strong.

Second. Bachmann and Palin are still political darlings for TEA Party Conservatives. They love 'em here in Eastern North Carolina.

Self-purge...

A novel concept.. sort of like a bowel cleansing for the GOP.

~Bang

Thing is will this self purging occur in time to make a difference for 2016 or should we concede the election to Hillary or whoever the Democratic nominee is.

The Tea Partiers believe they such a huge party that if they leave the Republican party will collasp.

I bet the founders had people like Bachmann and Palin in mind when they came up with the idea of Electors to vote for president instead of the people

It is still also mind boggling to me why we have not struck that out of the Constitution

Archived