Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DailyCaller.com: Sarah Palin floats idea of leaving the Republican Party

88Comrade2000

It is still also mind boggling to me why we have not struck that out of the Constitution

Is this sarcasm?

No, I have be against electors since i found about about them in school. Let the majority decide. Their idea was to let the educated and informed choose the president instead of the uninformed people. The Constitution was and is not perfect and people are afraid to tinker with it because it is a holy document. Get rid of the electoral college it is an joke and insult. Vote for someone to make teh choice for me because i am uniformed in this day instant news

Jefferson wanted to review the Constitution every 20 years as time and society change.

"Time and changes in the condition and constitution of society may require occasional and corresponding modifications." --Thomas Jefferson

Granted, I have no historical knowledge on which to base this, but I've always assumed that the reason for the EC was because, in the 18th century, it wasn't possible for Joe Voter to actually hear from his presidential candidates.

I assume that the theory was that the residents of Mayberry would get together, and elect somebody to serve as their proxy. And that person would go, meet the candidates, and vote on behalf of the residents of Mayberry.

I think this would be a good thing.   If her and all her tea party types just go third party; that would be great.  Dems would love this, as they would be assured victories for years to come.

Let the real RINOS leave and run on their own merrits instead of highjacker a dead party as the GOP.  The GOP could then reform and become a party more in tune with the majority of Americans or wither away like the WHIGS.

I would bank on plenty of former-Reps-turned-Dems returning if the Tea Party jumped ship from the current Rep party.

I see a future of a 3rd party. But not one that is an extreme version of a current party. What happens in a general if you have a Democrat, Republcan, and Tea Party Candidate on the same ticket. I don't see many Dems voting for anybody other than Dem. But GOP/TP would be fighting for the same voters. Right?

I'm probably wrong. But I'd see a TR Progressive Party as more Centrist now. Fiscally Responsible. Social Liberal. Fight for the middle class against abusers of the economic system. Tax cheats, etc. Rights for all......and so on.

bull+moose+flag_clear.jpg

Granted, I have no historical knowledge on which to base this, but I've always assumed that the reason for the EC was because, in the 18th century, it wasn't possible for Joe Voter to actually hear from his presidential candidates.

I assume that the theory was that the residents of Mayberry would get together, and elect somebody to serve as their proxy. And that person would go, meet the candidates, and vote on behalf of the residents of Mayberry.

Seems like it would be simpler back then to see/meet the candidate, I'd actually prefer campaign by letter/papers

In reality the Republican party died a long time ago; during Bush's first term.   That's when they only cared about keeping power and nothing else.  In the process, they strayed from what they used to be like and over time this allowed the right wing- Tea Partiers to basically have control.   No, not in numbers but they for the most part control how the Republidiots will act in the House and can cause some trouble in the Senate.     People will kowtow to them; so they won't face a tea party challange.

Eventually, either the Tea partiers leave and form a new party like Sarah Palin and Mark Levin are thinking about or they win their takeover battle and drive everyone else out of the party.

I think the tea partiers leaving would be a good thing; because it will free up the Republican party to nominate a true non-crazy alternative to the Dems.  One that could actually have a shot of winning.   A tea party type candidate as President will loose in a landslide.

In reality the Republican party died a long time ago; during Bush's first term.   That's when they only cared about keeping power and nothing else.  In the process, they strayed from what they used to be like and over time this allowed the right wing- Tea Partiers to basically have control.   No, not in numbers but they for the most part control how the Republidiots will act in the House and can cause some trouble in the Senate.     People will kowtow to them; so they won't face a tea party challange.

Your saga of W leading the GOP astray from their core principles might hold more water if W had differed significantly from Reagan.

But near as I can tell, the only major difference was that, while Reagan had no trouble invading anybody he wanted to, without a whole lot of justification, Reagan conducted small invasions, and then left.

• 4 months later...

I don't want to start a new thread for her...but this FELT like an Onion article.....

Sarah Palin 'taken aback' by Pope Francis's 'liberal' statements

Sarah Palin said she is trying to follow Pope Francis, but is wary of what she called the media's interpretation of his message.

"He's had some statements that to me sound kind of liberal, has taken me aback, has kind of surprised me," said Palin. But "unless I really dig deep into what his messaging is, and do my own homework, I’m not going to just trust what I hear in the media."

More nonsense from the link.

Whenever churches take on the worship of money they get slammed for it. No matter what is said, those statements are more bothersome to the ruling class then his comments on abortion. Luckily the Catholic Church is large and powerful enough that all the right wing eyebrow raising in the world can't touch them. Pope Francis could become a US citizen, vote for Hillary in the next election while commenting on how terrible Sarah Palin is and the Church would still be around to make headlines her great grand children will read and complain about at an Athiest rally.

Agree with the OP. GOP should have embraced the Tea Party and some of their stance on certain issues. Likewise maybe the Tea Party should compromise a bit. 

But anyway this means Hillary in 2016. God help us all.

Lets be honest here, Obama can do no wrong in leftists eyes.  He's a saint.  What makes you think this would change with Hillary?  They would embrace her and no matter what bad decisions she makes (and let me state that good things should be recognized) they would give her the same treatment.  Republicans get bashed all the time, and rightfully so from bogus Tea Parties ideas, but I couldn't even fathom what would have happened to Mitt Romney if Dems were all audited by the IRS, his socialized medicine rollout failed, Benghazi,ect.  He would already be gone.  With that being said it would be nice for the Tea Party to let go of the extreme beliefs they have and just stay out of issues that shouldn't involve politics, ect.  

Lets be honest here, Obama can do no wrong in leftists eyes.  He's a saint.  What makes you think this would change with Hillary?  They would embrace her and no matter what bad decisions she makes (and let me state that good things should be recognized) they would give her the same treatment.  Republicans get bashed all the time, and rightfully so from bogus Tea Parties ideas, but I couldn't even fathom what would have happened to Mitt Romney if Dems were all audited by the IRS, his socialized medicine rollout failed, Benghazi,ect.  He would already be gone.  With that being said it would be nice for the Tea Party to let go of the extreme beliefs they have and just stay out of issues that shouldn't involve politics, ect.  

Interesting fantasy land you live in. Do you have a name for it? Rainbow land perhaps.

Ahhh that would be the response I would expect.  I call it Imaginationland.  I have a song too.

Rainbow land is from the movie the Campaign. There were so many inaccurate statements in your paragraph that it wouldn't matter if I gave you facts because you wouldn't believe them.

Rainbow land is from the movie the Campaign. There were so many inaccurate statements in your paragraph that it wouldn't matter if I gave you facts because you wouldn't believe them.

I understand sir.  Your 100% right even without letting me know your "facts".  I don't want to know them because my opinion is 100% wrong.  

I understand sir.  Your 100% right even without letting me know your "facts".  I don't want to know them because my opinion is 100% wrong.  

I don't think there is a liberal that is a regular here that hasn't found fault with Obama or his administration.

Republicans in the House investigated the IRS audits and found no conspiracy, no ties to the administration, nothing.

The Affordable Care Act isn't socialized medicine.

While Benghazi was a tragedy, I'm not sure why you think it's an impeachable offense.

I think that covers it.

I think this goes as follows.  A third part removes the chaff and the two normal parties can go back to working closer to the middle.  I see a whole lot of moderate Independents and Democrats voting for at least some Republican candidates when they know that Republicans represent business interests and not religious ones and that they believe in science. This will keep enough competition to support the two big parties and eventually the third part dies out because it will achieve absolutely nothing. 

Archived