Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

NBA Playoffs have been a massive snoozefest this year although at least Toronto and Indiana is going to a Game 7.

Even the game seven we got earlier today was lopsided. First round really has been disappointing. Sadly, the two second round games we've seen so far were even worse.

But there is still hope of Miami vs Lebron in one conference final, and the main event of Warriors Spurs in the other.

Toronto Indy has been the best series so far.

Well, we all know he won't be that stupid and sign with......   :P

Yung, if he comes to the Eastern Conference and becomes a problem for us instead of a solution, oh he's dead to me : )

He could rock a blue star for all I care, because I'd be filing for divorce, lol

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Because you said that, it's now certain that LaMarcus Aldridge will hurt his back and Kawhi Leonard will get injured in his eye again.

And before you can say "what about the Thunder?" Durant's foot problems will return and Westbrook will suffer amnesia after he headbutts the backboard celebrating an And-1, abandon his old life, and take to the sewers to finally become the ninja turtle that was his destiny since birth.

• Like 3

Seriously though, it's gotten weird how the seas keep parting for Golden State. The Basketball Gods are loving them now.

I'm not sure I'd say that.  I mean they did lose Curry to injury so it hasn't been all roses.  The only obstacle the Warriors have to worry about in the West are the Spurs.  Those Spurs are healthy and coasting through the post season.  No player on the Spurs is averaged 30 minutes per game or more.  Even if the Warriors quickly dispatch the Blazers, they'll be up against a Spurs team that barely broken a sweat with Curry still learning to trust his right leg. 

Because you said that, it's now certain that LaMarcus Aldridge will hurt his back and Kawhi Leonard will get injured in his eye again.

And before you can say "what about the Thunder?" Durant's foot problems will return and Westbrook will suffer amnesia after he headbutts the backboard celebrating an And-1, abandon his old life, and take to the sewers to finally become the ninja turtle that was his destiny since birth.

Seriously. Then they make it to the finals and instead of his knee buckling, Kyrie dribbles down the court after the tipoff and just disappears entirely, leaving the ball bouncing down the court like some Langolier ****.

Curry was talking about possibly playing game 3. TF is that dude smoking?

Ok RG3...

I find it hard to believe he'll be himself the rest of these playoffs

• Like 3

TryTheBeal did you put $100 down on the 5,000-1 odds for Leicester city to win the EPL?

Enjoying your $500k payout?

Ha! I wish, brother. As much as I enjoy Soccer, I don't know a damn thing about betting on it.

That said, after the Norman signing and our very spiffy draft....Redskins Super Bowl is looking pretty damn juicy at 50/1.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'd say that.  I mean they did lose Curry to injury so it hasn't been all roses.  The only obstacle the Warriors have to worry about in the West are the Spurs.  Those Spurs are healthy and coasting through the post season.  No player on the Spurs is averaged 30 minutes per game or more.  Even if the Warriors quickly dispatch the Blazers, they'll be up against a Spurs team that barely broken a sweat with Curry still learning to trust his right leg.

They've been one of the NBA's healthiest teams these two seasons and Curry's injury was minor, a two week setback. And as soon as it happened, their presumptive opponent for the next round had their two best players suffer season ending injuries. The team they now face, frankly, should have been a lottery team, and the only reason they're in the playoffs is because the bottom fell out on the second tier of the West this season. They could go for two straight postseasons of San Antonio being the only legit team they'll face. I think the pressure is on for them to beat the Spurs, because if they don't, it casts doubt on what they've accomplished.

Person A - "Those 2014-2016 Warriors were one of the greatest teams in NBA history."

Person B - "Who did they beat?"