Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Warriors need to sweep the playoffs from here on out so they can actually finish an entire season 90-10. How amazing would that be for 100 games of professional basketball

90%, that's barely an A.  Color me unimpressed.   :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Bron knew what he waa doing by staying in the east. "homecoming" my ass.

he'd actually have a challenge making the finals in the west. east is a cakewalk.

spurs and warriors will knock each other out in the west

Bron is weak as hell. gump.

Never say never. What if Harden went back to OKC? Sounds crazy now. But trading Harden to the Rockets for nothing would have sounded crazy in 2012.

However, it's clear it will always be a much tougher road in the West. Most of the best coaches are in the West, so the most stable franchises are in that conference. They have a class of teams that are either legit contenders, or are only ever one player away. The only royalty in the East is Miami, and to a much lesser extent, Boston. And neither are in position to contend at the moment.

Weird to think that Minnesota is about to make that leap to league royalty in a couple of years. Weird to think that it happened for Golden State. A couple of transformational hires and landing a transcendent talent to build around does that for you.

Dunno. Vogel seemed like a pretty good coach. Pretty good is all you can hope for in this age of musical chair coaches.

They always seemed pretty tough. I wonder how much the stink of 2013 is still on Birds mind. I don't think we'll ever truly know what happened to that team. Bird probably never forgot that, though, and blamed Vogel.

Last year and this years collapse against a very (somehow) beatable Raptors squad probably made the decision a lot easier to go forward with.

They shouldn't have fired Vogel. They lost Granger and kept improving. Then they lost Stephenson and Hibbert and still made the playoffs with only Paul George and a bunch of middling quality role players like Ian Mahinmi and George Hill. Their shortcomings are because of inadequate personnel, and that's Bird's fault. I hope this ends up haunting them and Paul George bolts to form a super team with 2010 draft class mates John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins in DC.

• Like 2

Probably because he had about 200 different offensive game plans through the season. The team never really knew what they were as a team. I mean, I'm still not sure what pg's position was this year. They said the 4, but was it?

they need a second star, and thats the hardest get. Probably should have kept Vogel. Either way I don't think he was all that good. Better than Witt atleast.

• Like 1