Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

What an emergence from Kawhi Leonard. A ring and a Finals MVP in his third year at age 22. He's probably not even close to as good as he's going to be one day.

Where does Leonard rank among the SFs of the league after this?

I put him as the best young SF in the game. Ahead of Paul George, just behind LeBron, Durant, and Melo.

What an emergence from Kawhi Leonard. A ring and a Finals MVP in his third year at age 22. He's probably not even close to as good as he's going to be one day.

I put him as the best young SF in the game. Ahead of Paul George, just behind LeBron, Durant, and Melo.

He ain't got **** on Jan Vesely

• Like 2

Stays. Not a doubt in my mind. He's not leaving Miami unless he Jordans or Malones it at the end of his career.

They have to do something about Wade. He needs a much smaller contract. Bosh needs a bigger role, and they need a legit center. And a bench. That's a lot of retooling.

He really wasn't that productive during the season. He just absolutely exploded in the last three games of the finals all while defending the leagues best players (which saps energy and creates foul trouble). It's like he flipped a switch after losing game two and said "ohh hell no, not losing to these guys again!"

Ernie Grunfeld is the devil.

**** man. Does that one hurt. You know all of us were digging Kawhi until we talked ourselves out of him because he couldn't shoot.

Pop said it, he's going to be the face of San Antonio in a bit.

But there are two things to help us feel better. 1.) We probably would have ruined him. or 2.) If he came here and was good we wouldn't have gotten Beal.

But the only thing that's actually going to make me feel better is if Otto Porter gets good. He better work out.

Leonard and Manimal though. Argh. Those are exactly the kinds of players I want to root for. Good dudes.

They have to do something about Wade. He needs a much smaller contract. Bosh needs a bigger role, and they need a legit center. And a bench. That's a lot of retooling.

They do need some upgrades, but I ask again. Outside of SA, who else beats the Heat in 7?

They do need some upgrades, but I ask again. Outside of SA, who else beats the Heat in 7?

Thats a difficult question. Considering how bad Wade and Chalmers were this series, actually everyone on the heat minues Bosh(eh) and Allen, played pretty poor, its hard to judge. But that can be credited to Spurs defense as well. I dont know, the Heat just got demolished in every aspect of the game this series.

They'll be alright, they've got four HoF bound players and the best all around player. They play in the crap conference. In fact they're probably more likely to get back to the Finals next year than San Antonio.

They're not going to be able to retool the roster this offseason because Wade and Bosh would probably be crazy to opt out and become FAs knowing a huge pay cut is coming. Bosh can probably still get a max offer from some teams. But Wade's an 8 or 9 million per year player now. At the most. A four year 9 million per deal is actually pretty scary for a team to offer Wade. His best bet financially is to opt into both remaining years of his contract and then take whatever contract he can get for his last contract before retirement. Even if Miami is stupid enough to give him a four year 11-12 million dollar deal this summer, he'd make more money by opting into the last two years of his contract and signing a new contract in two years.

But LeBron isn't going to leave, which gives Miami their security. First off, I think he'd be foolish to even opt out. He's got 42 million left on his current deal. And when he signs his next deal in Miami, it'll be one of those huge 5 year 35% max deals that nobody else can offer him. He'll get that deal from Miami at age 31. But if he opts out and leaves this summer, the most he gets is a 4 year 35% deal and I think it has smaller built in raises. Then his next contract is negotiated at age 33, and he's a lot less certain of getting a 5 year 35% max deal at that point.

I think LeBron would be leaving an absolutely immense amount of money on the table by opting out and leaving. Something in the neighborhood of 70 or 80 million dollars. Remaining guaranteed money + 5th year + big built in raises. Nobody would do that.

Miami needs to find a big though. They need a Jose Calderon type PG too. Unless Bosh takes the paycut, I'd consider trading him if it wouldn't destroy my locker room. He's their only valuable trade asset and he's misused as a center and third option.

Amazing how good the Spurs were and how they've been built. It really was such a different way that Miami (and a few other teams) have been built. 

Well, Heat fans still had a really great team again. Watching the Yankees while waiting for Duke, The Cowboys and Penguins come back will be tough I guess.

• Like 1

Dude there is literally NO WAY Leonard is better than George. George is asked to carry his offense and has a much worse team around him.