Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't think it's legal. But I have to think it is a nod-nod wink-wink type of thing.

There is no reason on Earth for Arison and Wade to not be in business together for the rest of their lives.

Yeah I can see that happening. It makes sense. Wade should be able to trust Arison and Riley to get him back for taking one for the team.

And the upside on the basketball court would be great. If he exercises his ETO and takes the paycut this summer, it'd really jump start their move into their second phase of building. It'd certainly improve their chances for getting another ring next year, which are already pretty good.

Lebron's rep takes a big hit if he leaves for greener pastures.

I think the one exception for this is if he "goes back home" to Cleveland.

I'm a lebron apologist I'll admit it.

And this is why no one should even bother to respond to you. Apologists are no better than true haters. There's no objectivity, there is no reason, there's no analysis, it's just plodding mindlessly down one path.

LeBron James didn't lose this finals for his team; but he did lose this finals, just as the rest of his team did. That's simply fact. That makes 3 finals now that LeBron has participated in and lost, including two with his handpicked team of fellow superstars.

LeBron is a great player, had a good series, and is a phenominal talent. But he also wants to put himself on the "Mount Rushmore" right now...and I'm sorry, but he's not there right now. When apologists like you and his own camp keep trying to put him up right now as some kind of transcendent top 5 GOAT player, not "talent" but actual player, then it's going to get this kind of backlash when he fails to live up to that hype.

When you attempt to place yourself as the GOAT then you're going to get more grief for losing in the finals then praise when you win the finals, because YOU'VE established an expectation that you should be winning the titles because you're the GOAT.

When he hand picked his fellow superstars and started to proclaim "not one, not two, not three..." HE placed the expectations upon himself and this team; and not apologists like you get pissy when people hold him to those very things.

At this point "not one, not two, not three..." can apply to losses in the finals as much as it can wins.

On a side note, are the Duncan-era Spurs the best dynasty in basketball? 5 titles in 3 different decades. Had to be the Kobe/Shaq Lakers and the LeBron lef Heat. I can't think of another dynasty that has basically lasted for 15 years.

I'm not sure about their place in terms of basketball history. There's a lot of good discussion there.

What I would say is that they're quite possibly the greatest American sports franchise in this century. That would actually be an interesting discussion.

Edited by ZRagone
  • Like 1

Yeah I can see that happening. It makes sense. Wade should be able to trust Arison and Riley to get him back for taking one for the team.

And the upside on the basketball court would be great. If he exercises his ETO and takes the paycut this summer, it'd really jump start their move into their second phase of building. It'd certainly improve their chances for getting another ring next year, which are already pretty good.

The only question here is how big is Wade's ego and how much abuse has it taken over the years? Because, yes, he's gotten more rings thanks to Lebron but he's had to give up pretty much everything he had in Miami to make that happen. It's possible, I suppose, that he says, "No...I've sacrificed enough already....."

On the other hand, Lebron is not Kobe or Jordan. His teammates all seem to love him and he doesn't seem to lord his starpower over everyone. Plus, he's a hell of a lot of fun to play with.

What is Jordan Hill going to get in free agency? Isn't he pretty much exactly what Miami needs right now?

Hm. His size is adequate and he's a good player. Just off the top of my head, I think he should sign for 8 million annually. Although I think he'll get more than that. The knock with him is he's an undersized 5. In an ideal world, Miami finds a seven footer that can play. Or a Larry Sanders center. But Hill would work and they wouldn't have to make a trade.

If I were Miami, I'd be poking around the lotto teams for their bigs. They're going to be looking to make changes. Greg Monroe will become available. Larry Sanders will probably become available. The Jazz have guys. Cleveland has a bunch of PFs they've messed up with. Boston has guys. Shoot, Al Horford is perpetually in trade rumors. Omer Asik should be available.

Wait... am I dreaming ?

Props for that one sir.

I have never over the years seen that type of initial response from you.

Haha really? I feel like I reply like that fairly often. Maybe not. *shrug*

Thanks for the props, though! :)

Hm. His size is adequate and he's a good player. Just off the top of my head, I think he should sign for 8 million annually. Although I think he'll get more than that. The knock with him is he's an undersized 5. In an ideal world, Miami finds a seven footer that can play. Or a Larry Sanders center. But Hill would work and they wouldn't have to make a trade.

If I were Miami, I'd be poking around the lotto teams for their bigs. They're going to be looking to make changes. Greg Monroe will become available. Larry Sanders will probably become available. The Jazz have guys. Cleveland has a bunch of PFs they've messed up with. Boston has guys. Shoot, Al Horford is perpetually in trade rumors. Omer Asik should be available.

I really wonder if Boston is willing to move Rondo or not. As a Celtics fan, I'm torn on that one. They need a big.

If I were them, I'd be willing to package Rondo in for a guy like Kevin Love. But, Love won't want to make a deal with Boston without Rondo, so that would really kind of hurt that bottom line.

Still, even though I love Rondo, moving him COULD be the best move for the franchise, assuming you're getting something of value in return and not just draft choices. Having said that, I think it's all going to depend on the draft and free agency.

Asik is interesting.

He's a low cap number but a big salary number. But what the hell does Miami care about real dollars?

Houston would like to dump both Lin and Asik. Both are what you say Miami needs. Their combined cap hit is low but it would be something like $30 million in salary - to a wildly profitable team that needs to keep winning.

The problem is that the Heat have absolutely nothing to send back. Nothing. Everyone is on a one year deal there.

The trade machine may be out of whack right now. It approves an Asik for Anderson/Haslem/Cole deal. Those are the only three guys on multiple year contracts. I don't know if that opens up Houston for Anthony though.

Haha really? I feel like I reply like that fairly often. Maybe not. *shrug*

Thanks for the props, though! :)

I really wonder if Boston is willing to move Rondo or not. As a Celtics fan, I'm torn on that one. They need a big.

If I were them, I'd be willing to package Rondo in for a guy like Kevin Love. But, Love won't want to make a deal with Boston without Rondo, so that would really kind of hurt that bottom line.

Still, even though I love Rondo, moving him COULD be the best move for the franchise, assuming you're getting something of value in return and not just draft choices. Having said that, I think it's all going to depend on the draft and free agency.

They aren't sending him to Miami. Miami has absolutely nothing to send back but draft picks in the late 20s.

Seven footers that can play generally don't hit the market. The Wizards - of all teams - got lucky twice.

At worst, Hill is a younger, supremely more athletic Anderson. That's an upgrade at least. I love Chris Anderson, but you can't play him major minutes at this point and expect to win a Finals.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

The only question here is how big is Wade's ego and how much abuse has it taken over the years? Because, yes, he's gotten more rings thanks to Lebron but he's had to give up pretty much everything he had in Miami to make that happen. It's possible, I suppose, that he says, "No...I've sacrificed enough already....."

On the other hand, Lebron is not Kobe or Jordan. His teammates all seem to love him and he doesn't seem to lord his starpower over everyone. Plus, he's a hell of a lot of fun to play with.

Yeah, I could see that happening too. I mean, it's a lot of money to ask Wade to give up. Especially when, either way, they're going to be good next year.

Let's say Wade doesn't take the pay cut and Miami wants to make moves to improve next season. What about something like this:

1.) Ariza extended in Washington for 8 million annually.

2.) Bosh declines to use his ETO.

3.) Before the deadline, Washington trades Ariza and Nene to Miami for Bosh.

When you look at Bosh's 9 time All Star resume, seems lopsided. But then when you look at how Bosh is actually utilized by Miami, how little they get from him given his talent and his cost, it makes sense to me.

Bosh and Nene expire the same year. Miami gets two good players and a true big for Bosh. Washington clears the logjam at SF and swaps Nene for a stretch 4 and comes away with the best player in the deal.

Ariza is a perfect fit with LeBron. And Nene's size, passing, inside scoring ability, and defense would be pretty big for Miami.

Then when Wade's contract runs out, Nene's will be off the books, and they will have a TON of money to work with.

The only big potential pitfalls I see are chemistry issues for both the Wizards and Heat. Bosh is certainly LeBron and Wade's friend. And Ariza and Nene are the spiritual centers of the Wizards. You could really poison the wells in both locker rooms by trading these guys.

But let's say all the important personalities involved more or less signs off on the trade. If you're Pat Riley, do you take that deal?

But let's say all the important personalities involved more or less signs off on the trade. If you're Pat Riley, do you take that deal?

If I'm Riley I'm giving up the best player in the deal, upsetting the chemistry that has gotten me to four straight finals, and I'm putting all my championship hopes on Nene's health.

I think Riley would be willing to deal Bosh. And I think Bosh would be open to a deal. He is not buddy-buddy with Lebron and Wade and can read food magazines and drink wine anywhere in the NBA.

But as a GM, I just can bet that big on Nene's health.

If I am Riley and am dealing with the Wizards, I want Gortat, Ariza and Porter. I don't know if Porter is going to be any good, but I can sell getting a lottery pick back to my fans and owner.

That trade makes it a little painful for the Wizards too.

However,

Wall, Beal, Bosh, Nene, and anyone on the planet at the 3 is one hell of an offense. The ball movement could be San Antonio-esque.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Because Chris Bosh is one of the 12 best players in basketball.

Everyone seems to forget this for some reason.

Thank you.

I keep trying to tell people that.

But still, why would the Wizards make Miami stronger. It'll just be our luck that Nene stays healthy. I always was against trading within the division though.

Thank you.

But still, why would the Wizards make Miami stronger. It'll just be our luck that Nene stays healthy. I always was against trading within the division though.

Trading within the division is weird.

But both Miami and the Wizards are pretty stuck with their lineups. The Wizards have no moves to make and neither do the Heat.

Thank you.

Nene is one of the worst contracts in the NBA heading into next year. It's a Wizards pipe dream to trade him.

Numbers Never Lie put up an interesting stat comparing Jordan, Duncan, Kobe and LeBron.

Duncan: 5 NBA Championships, 3 Finals MVP's, 2 NBA MVP's

Kobe: 5 NBA Championships, 2 Finals MVP's, 1 NBA MVP

is Tim Duncan better than Kobe?

Bosh is soft.

He wasn't, but he is now.

I see no reason the Bullets/Wizards would make any deal for him unless it was lopsided.

He is not the same player that played in Toronto.

Getting posterized by Ginobili confirms that. GINOBILI!?!?