Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Don’t like Warriors complaining about fans swearing. Grow up. They’re showing how soft they are and that’s why they are getting punked all over the court 

Meanwhile, Draymond says “s**t” right in front of his son at the postgame press conference. 

After his wife complains about using vulgar language with kids in attendance. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tshile said:

I’m putting together a July 4th party for game 4.  My only question is… Will we get to watch a squished version of the game so my 4K tv’s show me the nba finals in ****Mode thanks to Storm watch occupying the screen the whole game? Cause that was so awesome last night I’m not sure how I could watch sports any other way

joaquin-phoenix-commodus.gif

Ugh.  Resigning to the idea that the Celtics are going to win this whole thing.  

Can't Boston just go **** off and die?  Like, can't their sports teams all collectively **** the bed for the next 20-30 years?  The Celtics, Red Sox and the Patriots.  And I don't know if the hockey team up there is worth a **** but **** them, too.  It's not as if having the greatest quarterback of all time who single handedly reversed their franchise's fortune was enough, no they had to get a superteam in basketball together and it looks like they're going to win this year, too and then their baseball team turned into the 2000s equivalent of the Yankees.  

Man, they're the worst.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Watching last night made me think the Warriors are done.  They look slow and unprepared.  Celtics are so much deeper and have so much more size.  Warriors don't get any contribution off the bench either.  I see the Celtics winning in 6 and possibly 5.  If the Warriors somehow win the title then Steph Curry will go down as a top 5 player ever imo, it will cement his legacy because he is going to have to carry this team while injured.

19 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Always great to see very "Corrupt" and "vociferous" malcontent Draymond Green get silenced. Go C's.

I saw his little rant about how Mahorn and Laimbeer were, like, the only two guys in the 1980s that were tough.  

Clearly, he doesn't know what he's talking about.  As obnoxious as he is, I can't root for the Celtics.  

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I saw his little rant about how Mahorn and Laimbeer were, like, the only two guys in the 1980s that were tough.  

Clearly, he doesn't know what he's talking about.  As obnoxious as he is, I can't root for the Celtics.  

He lost me when he said “Lambier may knock you out.” Lambier was an instigator who pushed buttons. He wasn’t exactly an enforcer. Lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

He lost me when he said “Lambier may knock you out.” Lambier was an instigator who pushed buttons. He wasn’t exactly an enforcer. Lol

Exactly.

It's like he never saw McHale clothesline Rambis.  That wasn't even a technical back then. 

• Like 1

I picked Warriors in 7 fully expecting the Dubs to lose games 1 and 3, but I can’t figure how they win it now.

Last nights game was the recipe for GS to steal one in the Garden, not lose by 16.  SO MUCH has to go right for them to pull out wins.  It’s just too much of an uphill climb.  They’re too slow and old to keep up with the fresher legged Celtics.  Last night was the type of game they should have been able to pull out based on veteran instincts but the tank was completely empty when it mattered.  Instead, Boston looked like a team that realized how to win a championship last night.

I expect a convincing Boston win in game 4, followed by a death rattle win by GS back home in game 5, with a slam the door Celtics championship in game 6.

Im just kicking myself for giving the edge to Golden State when I’d been all over the Celtics all postseason.  I knew better and it’s still fell for it.

• Like 2

The big layoff before the finals helped the Celtics a ton. They were coming off a brutal stretch of 14 games in like 29 days or something and were beat up. That rest gave them their legs back for sure and let smart and Williams and Tatum heal up 

warriors are shook, complaining about fan chants and language. We always knew they were soft but even I didn’t expect them to act like this. They walked into the series like it was a forgone conclusion they would win, they got punched in the mouth and haven’t really recovered now are acting like babies. Play ball. We will see if they have any fight left but I think the Celtics run all over them in game 4. 

• Like 2

Warriors are in a weird place.  Their old guard role players are pretty broken down and their new guard role players aren't quite good and experienced enough yet, such that they don't really have a lot of reliable championship caliber role players at the moment.  They kind of have to run an expanded rotation to figure out who is going to be good on any given night, plus their best players probably aren't physically capable of giving them 40 good minutes in a Finals game, so the results are messy compared to a team running a tight 7 man rotation where everyone know their role in and out.

They could really use a 2011 Dirk kind of transcendent one man performance from Curry to carry them against Boston, but to be frank, he might not be good or durable enough to carry them that way.  He's never been transcendent in a Finals before, and I'm not sure a 6'2 PG is physically capable of dominating a Finals the way the great wings and bigs have in the past.  He'd have to do it via incredible shooting because he's not going to take over the paint or the glass.

Meanwhile Boston is in their sweet spot timeline-wise.  All of their key players except Horford just entered their prime. They've got the right mix of bigs including an ageless Horford who is an anchor, and a Bob Williams who is just old and experienced enough to not play dumb too often, but is young enough that he still has his legs.  And Tatum is kind of figuring everything out and making the leap to tier 1 superstar this postseason.  They can run a 7 man rotation that just looks better than what GS can run, and they're probably not going to break down doing it.

I still think GS wins, but they are in trouble.  Curry is going to have to be incredible and Draymond is going to have to be vastly better and he looks cooked.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The big layoff before the finals helped the Celtics a ton. They were coming off a brutal stretch of 14 games in like 29 days or something and were beat up. That rest gave them their legs back for sure and let smart and Williams and Tatum heal up 

warriors are shook, complaining about fan chants and language. We always knew they were soft but even I didn’t expect them to act like this. They walked into the series like it was a forgone conclusion they would win, they got punched in the mouth and haven’t really recovered now are acting like babies. Play ball. We will see if they have any fight left but I think the Celtics run all over them in game 4. 

Thats a great point, man.  Hadn’t considered that but now that you point it out, absolutely.

Celtics were really up and down in the Bucks and Heat series, which fatigue probably had a lot to do with as you just pointed out.  This is the most consistent 3 games they’ve played in the loffs in my view and rest makes a ton of sense as to why.

Chanting cuss words at players is completely trashy fan behavior and it should be unacceptable.  Adam Silver is dead wrong to encourage their behavior, it's not good fan energy, it's toxic and utterly lacking in class and sportsmanship.

But Celtics crowds have always been a white trash toilet bowl.  Toronto is the same way BTW, let's not just single out the cesspool that is Boston.  The Warriors should know what playing in a garbage heap of awful fans is like, they have experience with this.  It's not a great sign that they are complaining about the environment when they need to be focused on the court.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Good start for Warriors, but this series proving the 4th Quarter is where things get crazy for one of them, so hard to say until we get there.

Yep.  Saw Stephs 4th quarter stats somewhere today and it was something like 3.5 ppg on 38% shooting…not exactly but think that’s pretty close from memory.

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do the warriors even try to get offensive rebounds? One shot and done. They’re like me in my softball league. 1 pitch and done. I’m either out or I’m on base but it’s happening on the first pitch regardless. 

Yea they do. They out rebounded every team they played in the playoffs but the Celtics. 

Draymond sucks. Giving absolutely nothing on offense. 

37 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Do the warriors even try to get offensive rebounds? One shot and done. They’re like me in my softball league. 1 pitch and done. I’m either out or I’m on base but it’s happening on the first pitch regardless. 

GSW has more offensive rebounds tonight 🙄