Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

don’t think anyone disputes that Luke is way better. 

they are trying to crown Tatum tho and something has meats felt off about that. He can score and make plays but something hurt isn’t quite there. Maybe it’s the respect of the fear when rooting against him? I don’t know. Just don’t see it 

What? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The whole "2 for 1" term.  

Thought I was pretty clear in my original statement lol.  Even put the term in quotes.

yeah it’s a pretty straightforward term so not sure why it doesn’t make sense 

——

Game. Warriors had a chance then played like idiots once they got the lead 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah it’s a pretty straightforward term so not sure why it doesn’t make sense 

I understand exactly what it is referring to, but it makes absolutely no sense in "2 for 1".

It's just rushing to get a shot off before the game clock hits ~25 seconds left so you can get another shot off (and usually a second ****ty shot since it is also rushed) before the quarter ends.

That isn't 2 for 1 of anything.  It's trying to get 2 shots in before the quarter ends.  

"2 for 1" means you are getting 2 of the things you are making 1 effort to get.  They aren't making 1 effort, they are making 2 efforts, to get 2 results.

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

I understand exactly what it is referring to, but it makes absolutely no sense in "2 for 1".

It's just rushing to get a shot off before the game clock hits ~25 seconds left so you can get another shot off (and usually a second ****ty shot since it is also rushed) before the quarter ends.

That isn't 2 for 1 of anything.  It's trying to get 2 shots in before the quarter ends.  

"2 for 1" means you are getting 2 of the things you are making 1 effort to get.  They aren't making 1 effort, they are making 2 efforts, to get 2 results.

it refers to maximizing the time available in the quarter by getting 2 possessions to the opposing team’s 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it refers to maximizing the time available in the quarter by getting 2 possessions to the opposing team’s 1

For the 3rd time -  know what it "means" it is just a stupid ass term because that is not what "2 for 1" means.

Even your explanation would be a "2 to 1".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Game. Warriors had a chance then played like idiots once they got the lead 

Ugh if you told me one team was going to have two 4th quarter collapses in three games, I would've bet on the less experienced team.  Warriors even won the 3rd quarter tonight, reasonable, but this nuts. 

The "Boston has more talent and nothing they can do about" argument makes more sense if we're seeing wire to wire curbstomps, but we aren't. 

6 minutes ago, purbeast said:

For the 3rd time -  know what it "means" it is just a stupid ass term because that is not what "2 for 1" means.

Even your explanation would be a "2 to 1".

I get exactly what you’re saying. 

2:1

So what day next week is game 4?

The devastating pg county flood outlasted game 3 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Robert Williams is killing us. Draymond is being abused by him on the boards. 

My initial reaction to this series is he should retire after its over.  Too early?  He's 32, younger then me, but he looks 10 years older, has a ridiculous amount of Grey hair in his beard.

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Klay finally goes off but Draymonds statline might as well be a ball and chain.  Brutal.

Dray is the most over rated “star” in the game today.  The last time Green averaged double digits in any stats was 2017 when he averaged 11ppg.  Through three finals games, he’s been absolute ass in two of them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My initial reaction to this series is he should retire after its over.  Too early?  He's 32, younger then me, but he looks 10 years older, has a ridiculous amount of Grey hair in his beard.

Retiring is excessive but Warriors don’t have anyone to match Williams. 

usually the warriors will attack bigs off the floor. Maybe they should try Attacking Williams on the pick n roll and go from there. If they get him off the floor they won’t be killed on the boards. Or maybe they need to gang rebound better like they did in the Memphis series. 

• Like 1

I’m putting together a July 4th party for game 4.  My only question is… Will we get to watch a squished version of the game so my 4K tv’s show me the nba finals in ****Mode thanks to Storm watch occupying the screen the whole game? Cause that was so awesome last night I’m not sure how I could watch sports any other way

I think Green is likely physically beat up through the years because of how they've used him playing big.  Today somebody's game shouldn't age like his has.

When he was younger, he could shoot a little and go by some people and get to the rim.  That forced defenses to play him somewhat honestly and opened up things for his passing.  Now, he's got none of that.  He can set picks and cut to the basket and dunk.

But he's been like that most of the year.  What they really need is for out of Curry, Wiggins, Poole, and Clay for 3 of them to play well in the same game.

2 for 10 for 3 from Wiggins and Poole isn't going to cut it unless Klay and Curry are both on fire or the Celtics just play poorly.