Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

It goes a couple ways, there are certain players that won't suck hot air in every game on both sides, it's about who sucks when.

Even folks that picked Boston have to be pleasantly suprised took over the 4th quarter and curb stomped the Warriors in the first game.  

I know @Momma There Goes That Man ain't looking for his flowers jus yet, this is the same team that was trading blowout loses in jus the last series against Miami.    

1 minute ago, Destino said:

They’ll both have at least one more big night this post season.  They’re role players, but they’ve shown this entire post season that they’ll errupt a few times a series.  Tatum and Brown will have some night where they look like world beaters too.  

Warriors let role players steal a game from them at home.  That’s never good.

A few times might be overstating it. Either way, if Draymond and Thompson continue to play like they did tonight, Celtics are gonna win in 5. Draymond should've been T'ed up a bunch of times again tonight. Klay was a non-factor. 

14 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't remember who it was on local sports radio, but someone was talking about how at the time they had wished the Wizards would have gotten Rob Williams over Rui.  I heard them talking about it this past week or last week but can't remember who.  

In hindsight, yeah that would have been better lol.

I remember that draft and I wanted to draft Williams.  It was actually Troy Brown Jr. the Wizards decided to draft 🙄 More brilliant moves by the Wizards front office.

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

White, Horford, and Smart all made tough shots. White especially. Career high for White and Horford in 3s. It is what it is. 

For sure it was a little silly.  Ultimately if you are the Warriors you gotta get out on those shooters and make them dribble inside the arc.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I remember that draft and I wanted to draft Williams.  It was actually Troy Brown Jr. the Wizards decided to draft 🙄 More brilliant moves by the Wizards front office.

For sure it was a little silly.  Ultimately if you are the Warriors you gotta get out on those shooters and make them dribble inside the arc.  

Agree. If their bench keeps this up, Dubs ain’t winning. 

i fully expect Tatum to drop 40 and White and Horford to struggle next game. 

my positives are that Klay, Poole, Draymond can all play much better. I think Kerr shouldn’t play Iggy. 

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Celtics in 5. Dubs are in trouble 

If the warriors lose game 2, I agree with Celtics in 5.  But I’ve watched far too many playoff series to jump to conclusions after game one.  I still like this to be a long series.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Destino said:

If the warriors lose game 2, I agree with Celtics in 5.  But I’ve watched far too many playoff series to jump to conclusions after game one.  I still like this to be a long series.  

it went about how I expected. Never felt like the Celtics were in danger. They got a ton of good looks and the warriors really started to wear down in the fourth from the Celtics defense, length and physicality. 

just don’t think they match up well with the Celtics. They need Steph to play a ton and be nearly perfect and he simply can’t do either against Boston 

Amazing how different things look after one game.  Yesterday most were doubting the Celtics had a chance.  Today, the chatter is about how if they warriors lose game two, they’re done.  It’s all because of how dominant that 4th quarter was.  The Celtics made the Warriors look like a one star team.  

And they can beat a one star team easily.  

Kerr needs to find someone else that can creat their own shot. 

I said the Celtics would win the title during the bucks series. 

this finals to me is shaping up like the 2004 finals. The Warriors are the recent dynasty team led by stars everyone knows and loves that came in overconfident and are expected to win. The Celtics are the ridiculously hungry, agressive defensive juggernaut that is going to outwork them every game and make their life hell. Celtics got any shot they wanted just like the pistons did that series. Sure they might go cold, but they have a lot of scoring options as shown being able to win game 1 with Tatum going 3/17.

i think even if warriors win game 2, by the end of game 3 it will be obvious that the Celtics winning is inevitable and the warriors just can’t do anything about it 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I said the Celtics would win the title during the bucks series. 

this finals to me is shaping up like the 2004 finals. The Warriors are the recent dynasty team led by stars everyone knows and loves that came in overconfident and are expected to win. The Celtics are the ridiculously hungry, agressive defensive juggernaut that is going to outwork them every game and make their life hell. Celtics got any shot they wanted just like the pistons did that series. Sure they might go cold, but they have a lot of scoring options as shown being able to win game 1 with Tatum going 3/17.

i think even if warriors win game 2, by the end of game 3 it will be obvious that the Celtics winning is inevitable and the warriors just can’t do anything about it 

You definitely could be right.  I was of two minds about this series and despite having been higher on Boston all playoffs than almost everyone still couldn’t bring myself to pick them.

At the moment, I’m regretting it.

But there’s no getting around the fact Boston played one of the all time great 4th quarters last night.  In real time I was like holy ****, this is amazing, and then all the talking heads today reinforced that take by saying it was perfect basketball.  So yeah, last night is an anomaly, but it’s still 1-0 and counts for sure.  

Boston has been very up and down from game to game.  Just look at the Heat series.  It’s why I ultimately decided to say Dubs in 7.  GS will absolutely give games away too, but they have been more consistent than Boston and have pedigree which I do believe counts for something.

Not saying you are specifically but folks are often very quick to react to the last game played and not consider it in the overall picture…there is a ton of ball to play and GS can play a much better game than they did last night.  Boston cannot.

So I’m gonna stick to my prediction, Dubs in 7.  Think they win game 2, split in Boston, then it’s home-home-home the rest of the way.  The one outcome I definitely don’t see happening is GS closing the series in game 6 on the road.

Also, not sure how to fit this in exactly but I think Curry going supernova in the first quarter last night was not actually a good thing for the team and I was definitely thinking that in the moment too.  If he does that in the 3rd, fine, great, but it puts other guys out of rhythm if it happens that early and I think there’s a too comforting psychological element at play as well.  

We’ll see.  I though this was a really intriguing series heading in and game 1 only supported that notion.  Gonna be great basketball.

Poole and Thompson are entirely ineffective again.  Ignore the score, Warriors won’t win this series with just one guy creating his own offense.  Celtics defense has turned everyone on the warriors not named Curry into “others”.  

• Like 1

Draymond did not foul Brown on that three.  Brown flopping tripped Draymond.  

Should have been a double tech though.  Green is once again being bailed out by refs that give him more leeway than any other player.  He should be ejected.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

it’s just not sustainable and curry will wear down in the 4th again is he is their only option. 

They may barely get out of this game alive, a team up until this point undefeated at home in the playoffs.  Not impossible to steal a game in Boston, but won't matter if they can't win this one.