Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

Brooklyn has openly declared they are trying to buy a title, just like GS, Miami and Boston in years past. Kind of sad really.

*to be fair GS only brought a title by buying KD, Green and Curry were already there

What is going on in Brooklyn is the culmination of spending sprees on Kyrie and Durant last year plus trading a ****load for Harden and buying Grififn

GS also had some Thompson guy too, but what teams don't try to buy titles? Maybe the Spurs? What's the criteria that means a team is trying to buy a title?

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Seems like an idea brought up for sports talk radio. You can't spend money or make moves in-season for a title?  

I think only in sports with no salary cap is there a real issue with "buying" championships because teams in big markets can have a huge advantage. In the NBA, working within the constraints of the salary cap, there really isn't buying a title. 

• Confused 1

PG- Kyrie

SG- Harden

SF- Durant

PF- Blake

C- Deandre

That’s a few years removed from being a dominant all star team.  

I hate super teams.  I hate fans that root for super teams that did not do so prior to their star additions.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

I think only in sports with no salary cap is there a real issue with "buying" championships because teams in big markets can have a huge advantage. In the NBA, working within the constraints of the salary cap, there really isn't buying a title. 

That why I see MLB as largely a joke (as an avid baseball fan).

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

I don't get the big hoopla when a guy attempts to take a charge and gets dunked on. Just doesn't have the same impact as both player being airborne.

Edwards stole that guy's soul. 

Matter of fact, I think Jackson got there in time. Should have been a charge against Hayes.

Edited by CRobi21

^ Haha possibly.  I wasn't really paying attention if the guy was set, I was eating pizza at the dining room table.  I just saw Hayes take the dude's lunch.  The Edwards dunk was indeed vicious.  I completely agree about both guys being airborne being much more impressive.

29 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Jaxson Hayes absolutely posterized some dude tonight. Nasty dunk. One of the best of the year, even better than the Edwards one.

I'm surprised the Pelicans don't have a better record. Their roster is kind of stacked.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

^ Haha possibly.  I wasn't really paying attention if the guy was set, I was eating pizza at the dining room table.  I just saw Hayes take the dude's lunch.  The Edwards dunk was indeed vicious.  I completely agree about both guys being airborne being much more impressive.

These two posts lead me to believe you have been smoking something tonight. ;) Edwards dunk is the dunk of the year so far. 

12 minutes ago, Hersh said:

These two posts lead me to believe you have been smoking something tonight. ;) Edwards dunk is the dunk of the year so far. 

Haha I don't really smoke weed anymore, or drink really.  I eat food and gamble, those are my addictions 🙃

Okay I recant my Hayes comment.  He really smashed that dude though.  The way he was leaning over him made it look cool.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 11:42 PM, abdcskins said:

Haha I don't really smoke weed anymore, or drink really.  I eat food and gamble, those are my addictions 🙃

Okay I recant my Hayes comment.  He really smashed that dude though.  The way he was leaning over him made it look cool.

Hayes and Bam with big dunks today. Not dunks of the year but still solid. 

• Like 1

f*** the league for starting so soon after the playoffs ended. The Lakers got like 1 month to enjoy their title before having to go back to work. Then Davis and LeBron go out with injuries.

This season's over boys

Not following NBA the rest of the season (and postseason) if my LAKE SHOW are not in

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

1m

Houston is trading Victor Oladipo to Miami, source tells ESPN.

------------------

someone who follows the league more closely can help but didn't he play for the Pacers and leave there? Was he not good in Houston or what?