Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sorry about your boy Murray @Chew. Nuggets were looking good.

Thanks, man.  I was devastated.  Watched it live and you knew it was bad instantly  :(

I know every team is banged up, but this will be the third year in a row where the nuggs enter the playoffs with one of their starters out for the season.  So friggin bummed.  

• Sad 2

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

They need to ship Wiseman and this top pick for another star forward. Gotta try to maximize his remaining apex 

I'd hope not. Wiseman should be untouchable and they likely won't see Minnys pick this year (top 3 protected). They are good enough to win with Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Wiseman year 2, and Poole and JTA providing solid minutes next year.  

Heck, they are probably the team this year that the higher seeds want to avoid. Especially if Curry is hitting 10 3's a game. 

Edit..I dont get fans quitting on Wiseman. He played what..all of 4 games total in college? 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd hope not. Wiseman should be untouchable and they likely won't see Minnys pick this year (top 3 protected). They are good enough to win with Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Dray, Wiseman year 2, and Poole and JTA providing solid minutes next year.  

Heck, they are probably the team this year that the higher seeds want to avoid. Especially if Curry is hitting 10 3's a game. 

Edit..I dont get fans quitting on Wiseman. He played what..all of 4 games total in college? 

Wiseman developing helps keep the window open longer for Curry and Thompson. 

10 hours ago, Hersh said:

Wiseman developing helps keep the window open longer for Curry and Thompson. 

But you want to maximize their peak which is still now (assuming Klay comes back ok) and Wiseman is still unproven. We don’t know how good he is going to be or how long it will take for that. 

waiting around 3-4 years for Wiseman to become a potential all star doesn’t leave you in better shape than trading him now for a current all star to pair with Curry and Klay etc 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But you want to maximize their peak which is still now (assuming Klay comes back ok) and Wiseman is still unproven. We don’t know how good he is going to be or how long it will take for that. 

waiting around 3-4 years for Wiseman to become a potential all star doesn’t leave you in better shape than trading him now for a current all star to pair with Curry and Klay etc 

Considering Kerr is from the Pops San Antonio tree, I suspect he sees the value in replacing/supplementing aging stars with new ones and keeping the franchise elite for many years. 

Plus, Klay and Steph still have a handful of years left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I expect Wiseman to progress faster than that. I don't know that he will have a chance to be an all-star cause his number might not take off given the way GS plays, but he will be impactful. Plus, none of these rookies had full off-seasons and some, like Wiseman, missed most of camp due to Covid. He will be good. 

I'm insanely jealous of how GS has set themselves up. They still have a chance to win and they are adding good young talent for now and the future. It's pretty much the opposite of the Wizards who are attempting to do that but actually suck at it. 

Edited by Hersh

Dubs also have deep pockets and will pay the lux tax if/when needed. Not to mention a sparkling new revenue generator (when attendance fully returns) arena. 

Not everything is roses..Dray appears to be off every now and then and Wiseman is still a punk 20yo..making rookie life mistakes but they do have the ability to supplement Klay and Steph with good young talent. Plus I think Jordan Poole is becoming a solid scorer for them and he's 21. They also have a kid who they took kate 2nd round last year that they stashed in Australia and he's killing it there. Who knows if that translates. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Jordan Poole a solid backup IMO. Same with JTA. Wiseman has been awful for the warriors. It’s expected and I’m not down on him but he a net negative. The meniscus injury is going to hurt his development. Oubre will bee traded. He is awful. 

Oubre is a UFA next season. Unless he does a sign and trade with the Dubs, I doubt they will trade him. 😄

• 2 weeks later...