Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I have been following the games this year in the playoffs.  I had gone a lot of years without following the NBA, with the exception of the occasional game 7, or the last quarter in close finals games.  This year, I have followed most of the playoff games through the ESPN game tracker.  I am surprised how much I have enjoyed these close games.  I forgot how fun it can be to see shifts in momentum where teams come back from a potential blowout to having the game come down to the last few posessions.

I had a question about the playoff format.  It seems strange to me that some round 2 series have started before all the round 1 series are finished.  Is that how it always is, or is this a change because of the bubble/restart?

26 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I had a question about the playoff format.  It seems strange to me that some round 2 series have started before all the round 1 series are finished.  Is that how it always is, or is this a change because of the bubble/restart?

This is a bubble thing. Rounds had set starts in the past. So you could get teams who swept in one round having to wait a week to play the next.