Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Everyone is talking about what it means about the Warriors and Steph.  How about what it means for Kawhi.  One year in Toronto and the team known for wilting in the playoffs is a win away from a title.

He’s a superstar that deserves more mvp consideration than he gets.

This is what i hate about sports media, their focus on the wrong things.  It's like why are the Knicks and Lakers still big stories, they've sucked for years.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He should have 2 finals mvps. He’s an all-timer one of the greatest ever. This doesn’t say anything about him imo.  

Kawhi is on a generational type of run thru these playoffs and Curry’s team is overmatched against a hungrier team. I don’t think it impacts his legacy 

No he shouldn't.  Durant absolutely earned those MVPs and Curry wasn't good enough in 2015 to beat out his sixth man for the award.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with Curry being overrated.  And losing this series absolutely would impact his legacy.  He's a 2 X MVP.  He's not supposed to be getting shown up by Kawhi like this.  Curry gets some kid gloves treatment.

• Like 2

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

No he shouldn't.  Durant absolutely earned those MVPs and Curry wasn't good enough in 2015 to beat out his sixth man for the award.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about with Curry being overrated.  And losing this series absolutely would impact his legacy.  He's a 2 X MVP.  He's not supposed to be getting shown up by Kawhi like this.  Curry gets some kid gloves treatment.

Curry definitely should have won in 2015.  They gave Iggy the award for his defense, despite Lebron torching him that series.  Basically they wanted to give it to Lebron, couldn’t justify it, so they gave it to the guy that guarded him.  

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Walk away from the keyboard cause that take is loud wrong 

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I dunno what people expect, he's a great shooter with great handles and limited on defense.  He's a good passer, but can't rack up assist totals like a Steve Nash who's a true PG.  He's not a triple double machine.  He doesn't play above the rim.

He's the best shooter ever, no doubt about it.  But people are acting like he's some complete player who's lost some luster.  I don't really get it.  How can he be overrated when everyone's recognized his faults for years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Curry definitely should have won in 2015.  They gave Iggy the award for his defense, despite Lebron torching him that series.  Basically they wanted to give it to Lebron, couldn’t justify it, so they gave it to the guy that guarded him.  

Am I the only one who remembers how shaky Curry was that series?  If Curry had been good, they absolutely would have given him the award.  They gave it to Iggy because he was Golden State's most consistent and clutch player that series.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't think GS quit. I think they are beginning to wear some of the defensive screws TOR is putting to them.

Right now, they are a squad going up against an army

I just think they're tired.  This is their 5th year in a row playing close to 100 games in a year.  And they don't have KD.  It's a culmination of things.

On the flip side, the Raptors are coming into their own.  Kawhi is in pure "**** everybody" mode, VanVleet is making a name for himself, Siakam is turning into a scary dude.  They picked a hell of a time to figure things out and start to jell a little more.  

Things are lining up perfectly for the Raptors, falling apart at the wrong time for GSW.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Kawhi “I’m not playing for fans.” 😆

Dude gets free meals in Downtown and that's his response?  Get ready for a new "decision".

@Destino I want to give credit to KL for the effect he had on the Spurs and now the Raptors, but I'm convinced he's an asshole and his HOF speech will be a monotone final reminder of that.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Dude gets free meals in Downtown and that's his response?  Get ready for a new "decision".

@Destino I want to give credit to KL for the effect he had on the Spurs and now the Raptors, but I'm convinced he's an asshole and his HOF speech will be a monotone final reminder of that.

I think he was struggling to answer the question and as soon as he said it he seemed to know. He’s not someone they should interview often. It was pretty funny though

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

He gets free meals in whatever city he's playing in.  I'm sure he got them in SA, he'll get them in LA if he goes there this summer.

i don't mind it, dude is doing it for himself and to let everyone know just how good he is.  And he knows that Pop, DeMar and the Spurs are at home watching him slay everyone on 1.5 legs.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's the price you pay for greatness in a major/progressive city

It's the owners getting greedy, prices go up for playoffs games no matter the team, Wizards no exception.  Aren't they going to be over the luxury tax if they keep Klay and let KD leave still?

My only hope is we don't get a new super team, nba might have chance at some parity for a change, I'm not a believer in a Raptors dynasty.

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I think he was struggling to answer the question and as soon as he said it he seemed to know. He’s not someone they should interview often. It was pretty funny though

He's better off with a KL sock puppet in his place.  I'm 99% sure he was in his head like "crap, too honest"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Serge came to life.

And whenever Warriors made a run, Kawhi would hit a jumper or Lowry would make the smart play.

Kudos to the Raptors. Toronto will be CRAZY next game!

It'll be interesting to see if GS decides to fight for this, which sounds weird  But I imagine that place is gonna be rocking like nothing we've ever seen before, and as these games go by, Kawhi is looking healthier and healthier.

They should've been blown go the next galaxy but were able to stay in the game, and flip the script in a hostile environment. Game 5 might be shockingly ugly.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just think they're tired.  This is their 5th year in a row playing close to 100 games in a year.  And they don't have KD.  It's a culmination of things.

Everyone is tired at this point in a season.  I don't like this excuse for Golden State.

Talent-wise Toronto shouldn't be a match for Golden State, even without Durant.  But Golden State is flat out playing like ****.  And their coaching staff has been pretty bad too.

I think they took this series for granted and they haven't been preparing like they should, fighting like they should, competing like they should, etc.  This is on them.  They're losing a series they should have comfortably won.

Meanwhile Toronto's guys have basically been as good as can possibly be expected from them.  Before this series Danny Green had been trash, but he broke their backs in game three.  Gasol had been a non-factor, but he's turned back the clock and played like it's 2013.  Ibaka has come up with timely defensive and offensive plays and is out there banging down smooth jumpers with no hesitation, instead of the bad Ibaka that gets stuck in no man's land and is a big time bricklayer like he was in the previous rounds.  VanVleet suddenly looks like Gary Payton.  And the most surprising thing of all is that Lowry has been legitimately good.  When he's good, Toronto gets way better.

I think they’re tired. This has been a hell of run and they are worn down and falling apart at the finish. Then they ran into a buzzsaw of a team that’s playing well, extremely confident, well coached and that is hungrier than them. They're getting punched in the mouth and can’t stop anything Toronto does on the other end. Toronto has been the better team for 3.75 of 4 games. 

This seems inevitable unless Durant plays Superman at the end of Justice League 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Everyone is tired at this point in a season.  I don't like this excuse for Golden State.

Talent-wise Toronto shouldn't be a match for Golden State, even without Durant.  But Golden State is flat out playing like ****.  And their coaching staff has been pretty bad too.

I think they took this series for granted and they haven't been preparing like they should, fighting like they should, competing like they should, etc.  This is on them.  They're losing a series they should have comfortably won.

Meanwhile Toronto's guys have basically been as good as can possibly be expected from them.  Before this series Danny Green had been trash, but he broke their backs in game three.  Gasol had been a non-factor, but he's turned back the clock and played like it's 2013.  Ibaka has come up with timely defensive and offensive plays and is out there banging down smooth jumpers with no hesitation, instead of the bad Ibaka that gets stuck in no man's land and is a big time bricklayer like he was in the previous rounds.  VanVleet suddenly looks like Gary Payton.  And the most surprising thing of all is that Lowry has been legitimately good.  When he's good, Toronto gets way better.

Tell me GSW hasn't looked tired.

And you're right, everyone's tired at this point of the season.  But GSW has been doing it for 5 years now.