Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Rockets in 7.

Ad victoriam 

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Houston did it to them earlier this year I think.

Meant the playoffs. Doc is right though, they did get it last year in the Finals, I just didn't care by then because that series was already over by that point

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ad victoriam 

Meant the playoffs. Doc is right though, they did get it last year in the Finals, I just didn't care by then because that series was already over 

I was wrong anyway. It was the Pelicans and it was actually the playoffs. I thought Houston crushed them once this year.

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

I was wrong anyway. It was the Pelicans and it was actually the playoffs. I thought Houston crushed them once this year.

Yes, but was Curry playing then? I can't remember. Seems like once he entered, it was like a basketball version of an Ottoman siege

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yes, but was Curry playing then? I can't remember. Seems like once he entered, it was like a basketball version of an Ottoman siege

Yeah. He didn’t play well either. Warriors are undefeated at home this playoffs. 

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I enjoyed that. Did you enjoy that?

That was enjoyable.

You back on the wagon?

2 hours ago, Hersh said:

What was the Cavs record when Kyrie played but LeBron didn't play?

The terrible Cavs team that Kyrie led before he could legally drink was bad.

So where the '08 SuperSonics with Durant - a year that everyone forgets actually happened.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You back on the wagon?

I was never off, brother.

The Rockets are a Mobius strip of a team. They need to play with pace in order to play really well, but they can't play with pace unless they are playing really well.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The terrible Cavs team that Kyrie led before he could legally drink was bad.

So where the '08 SuperSonics with Durant - a year that everyone forgets actually happened.

I was never off, brother.

The Rockets are a Mobius strip of a team. They need to play with pace in order to play really well, but they can't play with pace unless they are playing really well.

Nope, talking about the years Lebron has been back and missed games. Cavs almost never won. Good try though. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Game 4 of finals last year

Game 3 against New Orleans is another.  

This happens all the time in sports, where a team comes out so desperate to win that if you don't come correct you're just in the way.  Curry hasn't scored more then 30 points since March 6th, but I'd be shocked if he didn't in game 3 here.  They beat New Orleans senseless by more points in game 4 then NO beat them in game 3, that's what great teams do.

That is not actually the norm. Just seems like it is. 

GS could have easily lost by 40 tonight. 

I expect them to win at home by around 5. A comfortable five though. 

Not to mention great teams finish teams. The Raptors got crushed in the second round. 

The Wizards may have had a chance. 

1 minute ago, Kosher Ham said:

That is not actually the norm. Just seems like it is. 

GS could have easily lost by 40 tonight. 

I expect them to win at home by around 5. A comfortable five though. 

Houston won't catch them like that the very next game, not in Golden State.  Got to expect Curry to show up to the stadium before anyone else raining as many practice threes as he can.  2-13 on 3s this series, that's not the norm, either.

Umm...yeah, that's what I was agreeing with you about. 

Just now, Destino said:

Curry has 18 and 16 points in the first two games.  Not exactly superstar numbers.  Is he coasting or have the Rockets found a way to make him uncomfortable.  

Curry is a great 3 point shooter for his career. 

Curry is/was a very good player overall. 

Curry is not a superstar. 

The injuries have taken their toll IMO. 

Prove me wrong Steph. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Curry has 18 and 16 points in the first two games.  Not exactly superstar numbers.  Is he coasting or have the Rockets found a way to make him uncomfortable.  

I don't think the Rockets guards scare anyone on defense. I do think the Rockets guards beat the hell out of you on offense. I've been fairly close to a lot of NBA players, but I've never seen anyone in person who translates as badly on tv as Harden does. I think it's the beard, sleepy eyes and weird build he has. But the dude is a freaking tank. Honest to God, if he was in the NFL, he would eventually be an offensive tackle.

I know someone earlier was saying that he looks out of shape, but - again - I feel like that's tv for some reason. He's both skinnier and wider in person than you would ever believe. And that 6'5 listing is not an exaggeration.

Paul is not the monster that Harden is, but he's physical and chippy and exhausting all the same.

Houston wants this to be a long series, because - Durant aside - they really can wear GSW down over time - especially if Curry is already gimpy. And I think they can absolutely wear out Draymond mentally. These teams played tough important games in the regular seaon, and we're already at the "These teams don't like each other" stage. I also think Houston's bench is deeper.

The problem for Houston is that they have a top 2 or top 2 and a half and GSW has a top four. If Clay or Steph go off for 35, GSW can't be beaten.

I think this is either going to end in 5 for GSW or go 7 as a toss-up.

I dont think Houston has a better bench because I don't think they can play more than 6 guys meaningful minutes. Ryan Anderson, Green, Moute and Nene give them basically nothing against Golden State and actually help the Warriors. 

It worked last night because they had 4 days off and could give their top 6 30+ minutes but once they go back to giving more time to their bench, I think Golden State takes advantage and pulls away

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I dont think Houston has a better bench because I don't think they can play more than 6 guys meaningful minutes. Ryan Anderson, Green, Moute and Nene give them basically nothing against Golden State and actually help the Warriors. 

It worked last night because they had 4 days off and could give their top 6 30+ minutes but once they go back to giving more time to their bench, I think Golden State takes advantage and pulls away

Those guys were dreadful in Game 1, but they played a lot of minutes this year. They may not be helpful on the road, but I think Anderson at the very least can do something in these playoffs.

I think the Warriors bench is an overall weakness, especially compared to past years. Livingston doesn't seem like the same devastating change of pace guy as he's been before, and relying on Nick Young for anything is a little scary (though in fairness he's been really good). Kerr seems to only be going 7 deep right now anyway. He's been playing a hodgepodge of front court guys in tiny increments just to give the starters a break.

Look, GSW is a prohibitive favorite in any series because - again - they have the horses. Durant seems like a sure thing these days. If any other starter has a big game, it's damn near impossible to beat them. If two other starters have big games, it's usually a blow-out.

Houston can definitely cause them problems that other teams can't, because there really is no other team in NBA history that can make 16 three pointers in a game and feel like they missed a lot of opportunities for points. (Harden had some truly ugly misses). Harden can have one of those 40 point/10 assist nights at any time and it's 2-2 going back to Houston. And since Houston generally ask its guys to only do one thing in any given game, you never know when someone like Anderson is going to randomly go 5-7 from the three point line in 12 minutes.

This series is what we've all wanted so far, I think. Both teams have ample proof that they can win.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 2