Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Things would change if Cleveland trades for Kevin Love. But as of today, I say it's pretty much a certainty that either San Antonio repeats (50% chance), Durant gets his first ring (40%), or we enter Bizarro NBA where the Clippers win it all (10%).

Something I've struggled with: Does Durant bringing a title to OKC make it more or less likely he comes home in 2016?

Something I've struggled with: Does Durant bringing a title to OKC make it more or less likely he comes home in 2016?

I say no impact. I don't think he comes here anyway. Doesn't he say he doesn't like coming here to play because he has to buy so many tickets for friends and family? I don't think he would want to have to do that 41 times a year. I'd love to be wrong though.

I think we need to seriously discuss Durant going to Charlotte in two years because why the hell not?

The only way we land a super star player is either get lucky in the draft, or acquire enough talent to be a consistent contender in the playoffs over a long span.  We have to have an attractive enough situation for players to want to come to Charlotte and play, which will take time, considering we basically are starting over again and the owner is now willing to spend some $$$.  

Well with that we can knock out the Jordan topic too since he's the Owner

Y'all suck.  LOL :)

It would be a horrible move.  Let's add more games in the middle of the season and put more wear and tear on players bodies and risk injury while killing momentum for some teams on a roll.  

Less probably. I would think he'd want to stay with the team he's won a championship with.

But on the flip side, he could feel like he's accomplished what he set out to do for OKC and leave them without being vilified.

1.) Indy - 55 wins

2.) Chicago - 54 wins

3.) Washington - 52 wins

4.) Toronto - 51 wins

5.) Cleveland - 50 wins

6.) Miami - 48 wins

7.) Charlotte - 47 wins

8.) Atlanta - 44 wins

I really don't see 7 teams in the East with 47 wins, not when the West is as packed as it is.   I think I would have Cleveland higher as well, as high as #2.

My East Projections (Playoff seeding) 

Please take into mind that a division winner is guaranteed a top 3 seeding and the Cavs, Bulls and Pacers are all in the same division.

1. Cavs (Lebron makes them the regular season favorite but the frontcourt is a huge weakness. Can't count on Varejao or Haywood to bang with better bigs and Thompson is good but not great he will get pushed around. Won't win with this frontcourt) 

2. Bullets (They made huge jumps with the frontcourt depth 2 finesse bigs with Nene and Gortat and 2 bangers with Hump and Dejuan. Backcourt depth is still pretty bad, Miller can only give 10 min a game and no one backs up Beal could lead to injuries)

3. Raps (Don't sleep on Toronto they got a damn good lineup that is young and fast. Amir and Jonas are the perfect compliments to Demar and Lowry.)

4. Chicago (Chicago will end up 4 if you assume that Rose blows out his stale blunt wrapper knees early in the season. If Rose actually stays healthy then Bulls will be number 1 seed. They are still going to struggle to score by losing DJ coming off the bench. Even with Gasol that O will struggle to put up 95 a game if you don't count Rose)

5. Pacers (Team chemistry is still a ? and losing Lance hurts)

6. Miami (Don't count on Wade to play more than 50 games this season. Bosh is going to go back to his Toronto days and average a solid 24-25 ppg but

he can't do it by himself. Deng is on the decline and has too many injury concerns to last long term. Bench is non existent.)

7. Atlanta (If they stay healthy the whole season)

8. Toss up between Bobcats and Pistons. I expect the Pistons to do better with a legit coach now. But the Bobcats Defense is no damn joke.

I really don't see 7 teams in the East with 47 wins, not when the West is as packed as it is.   I think I would have Cleveland higher as well, as high as #2.

I don't know what the West hast to do with the East in this scenario. I could envision both conference having a lot of teams flirting with 55 wins, because I suspect that both conferences will have a lot of teams floating around 50-55 losses....

The Wizards underachieved all season. Our best players are young and were learning on the fly. Our go to scorer was a second year SG. The best player for Charlotte is an old vet who has never won a playoff game in his career. Worse, if he has plantar fasciitis, that will likely hinder him long term.

There are major differences in the ceiling of both teams. Charlotte lacks elite young talent and a deep team to really challenge the top East teams. They aren't bad, but no one is highly impressed by a team that looked pathetic in the playoffs. Even the Hawks were ten folds more competitive.

Do you honestly watch any team but the Wizards? How do you get Jefferson is an "old" vet?

Also, just because a team is swept doesn't mean they played horrible. Most of the playoff games vs the Heat were competitive, despite Jefferson not being 100%.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Also, just because a team is swept doesn't mean they played horrible. Most of the playoff games vs the Heat were competitive, despite Jefferson not being 100%.

I remember when the Bulls swept us in '98 and Jordan called us "the team of the future" cause the games were competitive.  Good luck with that.

• Like 1

I don't know what the West hast to do with the East in this scenario. I could envision both conference having a lot of teams flirting with 55 wins, because I suspect that both conferences will have a lot of teams floating around 50-55 losses....

I don't know, it was just a gut feeling.  I was just looking at last season's stats, and only 4 teams in the East got to 47 wins.  Now it's suddenly 7?   They take too many losses when they go West.  Sure, a couple of East teams will improve, but a couple will fall as well, most likely Miami and Indy.  

I guess I don't see Chicago improving by 6 win AND Washington improving by 8 wins AND Atlanta improving by 6 wins and Charlotte improving by 5 wins AND Toronto improving by 3 wins while Miami only drops 6 wins after losing Lebron AND Indy only drops one win after their late season implosion and losing Stephenson.   I don't think all of those things can happen at the same time.         

• Like 1

I'm reading he wants to be alpha dog in Charlotte. Good luck with that. Lance is certainly not someone you want as the primary wing scorer.

Charlotte has talent but they lack star power which is what you need to really be a 50 win team. I think Atlanta is the team out of contention from last year and replaced by Cleveland. However I still see Charlotte as no better than the 8th seed. They are a team desperate for elite talent which shows in offering mediocre players like Hayward max contracts.

Wall and Beal aren't stars. And Pierce is a fossil. You guys have no more star power than Charlotte. Jefferson was arguably the top center in the league last year.

I don't know, it was just a gut feeling.  I was just looking at last season's stats, and only 4 teams in the East got to 47 wins.  Now it's suddenly 7?   They take too many losses when they go West.  Sure, a couple of East teams will improve, but a couple will fall as well, most likely Miami and Indy.  

I guess I don't see Chicago improving by 6 win AND Washington improving by 8 wins AND Atlanta improving by 6 wins and Charlotte improving by 5 wins AND Toronto improving by 3 wins while Miami only drops 6 wins after losing Lebron AND Indy only drops one win after their late season implosion and losing Stephenson.   I don't think all of those things can happen at the same time.         

But what about Charlotte?

I'm terrible at making predictions on the regular season. I thought those numbers were inflated, but I couldn't be bothered to actually do the math involved.