Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

You know this is just sports right?

Like a game? With no bearing on you as a person. Played by guys that you've never met.

You know this right? Lol

Being a fan of a team can absolutely tell something about a person and whether or not he is loyal and doesn't quickly abandon things

• Like 1

So Wade opted out of two years 41 million and now reports are that he'll sign a two year 34 million deal. I would have expected him to trade short term money for more long term, but doesn't look like that's happening.

Bosh, Wade, and Deng isn't a bad 1-3 group.

So Wade opted out of two years 41 million and now reports are that he'll sign a two year 34 million deal. I would have expected him to trade short term money for more long term, but doesn't look like that's happening.

Bosh, Wade, and Deng isn't a bad 1-3 group.

Miami will still be pretty good next season, but nobody is afraid of them any more. We'll get to see how good Bosh still is.

Being a fan of a team can absolutely tell something about a person and whether or not he is loyal and doesn't quickly abandon things

I have no proof of this but I do think there is a correlation between low overall IQ and someone who is a fan of bandwagon teams. Just about every bandwagon fan I know is a complete moron, not just in terms of sports but just in general.

There are hundreds of reasons why a person could choose to like another team that isn't the local team without being unloyal or abandoning anything.

I have no proof of this but I do think there is a correlation between low overall IQ and someone who is a fan of bandwagon teams. Just about every bandwagon fan I know is a complete moron, not just in terms of sports but just in general.

I think comments like this say a lot more about a person's IQ level than what sports team they choose to root for or happened to grow up rooting for.

Miami will still be pretty good next season, but nobody is afraid of them any more. We'll get to see how good Bosh still is.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Bosh looks like and what his game is like now. I suspect he might have more Toronto in him than most think but we will see

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

@ESPNSteinLine: RT @GwashburnGlobe: Adam Silver said the league is considering the idea of a midseason tournament, similar to soccer. Interesting. #nba

Intriguing

i would love that idea if it removes bball from the olympics and gets more NBA players involved to play for their country. 

@ESPNSteinLine: RT @GwashburnGlobe: Adam Silver said the league is considering the idea of a midseason tournament, similar to soccer. Interesting. #nba

Intriguing

So regular season, allstar break, super exciting meaningless tournament, some more regular season, and then 7 game series playoffs?

Bosh will have to carry that team, and I'm not sure he's up to the task. It's been four years since he's had to dominate every game. Wade is only good for 50 games for the rest of his career. Deng is good, but he's on the decline as well. I can see that team being an 8 seed, but no higher than that. 

To be honest, I would much rather hear the Commissioner announce that they've rescinded the age limit and are now using the D-league the way MLB uses their minor league. Forget a tournament, build up your product by developing up your OWN talent. 

Screw the NCAA. They want slav- I mean, unpaid labor, than the NBA can pay these kids straight out of HS, with sub-100k salaries. Let them mature and grow as adults by earning their own wages and taking care of themselves, while developing their game on a smaller stage. NBA teams can draft players and put them directly into their own D-League team since any picks after #5 is labeled a "project" anyway. Freeze their NBA contracts until they've proven to be worthy of a NBA roster. Call them up, and if they get dominated than send them back down.

This would make the on-air NBA product of higher quality, and also allow older vets to stretch their careers out a little further. Maybe we won't have the majority of NBA retirees filing for bankruptcy less than three years after retirement if they were able to adjust to a slower lifestyle with a D-League salary. 

Ok, I'm done being armchair Commissioner. 

To be honest, I would much rather hear the Commissioner announce that they've rescinded the age limit and are now using the D-league the way MLB uses their minor league. Forget a tournament, build up your product by developing up your OWN talent. 

Screw the NCAA. They want slav- I mean, unpaid labor, than the NBA can pay these kids straight out of HS, with sub-100k salaries. Let them mature and grow as adults by earning their own wages and taking care of themselves, while developing their game on a smaller stage. NBA teams can draft players and put them directly into their own D-League team since any picks after #5 is labeled a "project" anyway. Freeze their NBA contracts until they've proven to be worthy of a NBA roster. Call them up, and if they get dominated than send them back down.

This would make the on-air NBA product of higher quality, and also allow older vets to stretch their careers out a little further. Maybe we won't have the majority of NBA retirees filing for bankruptcy less than three years after retirement if they were able to adjust to a slower lifestyle with a D-League salary. 

Ok, I'm done being armchair Commissioner. 

I'm kind of torn between the rule.  I think that if you are old enough to be drafted or enlist to defend your country (join the military), then by all means, you should be eligible to enter the NBA draft.  Another part of me gets that not every prospect right out of high school is ready to go to the NBA.  It's a huge financial risk for owners.  

What I do know is that one year is stupid, it's ruined the college game with the one and dones.  Either drop the age limit to 18 yo or make it 3 years of college ball.  

The only problem I have with the D-league is that if there is no age limit, kids that could get an education and free ride (scholarship) would pass on that and try to get paid first in the D-League.

You can say what you want about the NCAA, but these kids are getting a free education for the most part.  The NCAA is full of athletes that will never make an NBA team, but some could make D-League.  So why dangle money and hope (thats probably not there) to some kid fresh out of high school and ruin his chances at an actual education that might help him land a real job if he is a D-league washout?

sounds good but it would kill.college ball

College basketball is already pretty watered down and is a low quality of basketball.

At least with a supplemental D-league, the college game would be full of senior laden teams with good chemistry that fans have had several years to connect with.

Even if they weren't as talented as a bunch of one and done guys were previously, it would be worth it

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I am a huge fan of the idea that college teams would have 4 year players and could build long term rosters. Making the d league similar to the Mlb minor leagues would also be interesting. Draft players and send them down to develop. But in a world where I think most people prefer college ball over the NBA idk how popular that idea would be. I prefer the NBA but I feel that a lot of people say they like college over the pros. That's all just guessing tho idk.

I am a huge fan of the idea that college teams would have 4 year players and could build long term rosters. Making the d league similar to the Mlb minor leagues would also be interesting. Draft players and send them down to develop. But in a world where I think most people prefer college ball over the NBA idk how popular that idea would be. I prefer the NBA but I feel that a lot of people say they like college over the pros. That's all just guessing tho idk.

I love both.  The only way both can't suffer is to make kids be removed at least three years from HS.

F the age limit. If you're good enough to play and a team is willing to pay millions to an 18 year old then why prevent it?

Everyone brings up how NCAA will be hurt by it but I don't think so at all. I think the one and dones hurt NCAA more. And besides, what obligation does the NBA have towards NCAA? They don't owe them anything.

The age limit just makes absolutely no sense. Of course, as a Wiz fan I love it because it allowed us to grab both Wall and Beal(both only spent 1 year in college and would have likely been straight from HS players, well Wall would have at least).