Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Noah's a better 4 than center, imo.

Um what?

Care to explain that one?

A 4 needs to have consistent offensive ability usually. I love Jo and he's my favorite player but his offensive game isn't great or even good.

He's a defensive stopper in the middle (unless he's playing a big that can shoot well) and a damn good one.

Jason Kidd has been a known passive aggressive Dick for years.

Apparently he wanted full control of the team and was feeling some type of way about how much more Kerr and Fisher are getting paid so the Nets said "um...**** you? You can go"

He is looking to join Milwaukee cuz he's boys with the owner but the kicker is that he only wants to be president not a coach

WTF

Jason Kidd has been a known passive aggressive Dick for years.

Apparently he wanted full control of the team and was feeling some type of way about how much more Kerr and Fisher are getting paid so the Nets said "um...**** you? You can go"

He is looking to join Milwaukee cuz he's boys with the owner but the kicker is that he only wants to be president not a coach

WTF

Here is a link to the story

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24600751/report-jason-kidd-to-interview-with-bucks-after-failed-nets-power-play

Kidd's got some nerve asking for full control after just one year of experience as a coach.

I'm still not a fan of players turned head coaches with zero experience. I can't decide if it's an insult to the coaching profession or an indication on how little control and responsibility nba teams give their coaches. Probably both.

Utah needs to deal some of their assets. They double up at positions too much. Trey Burke can be a foundation piece. But Exum is an even better one. Kanter, Favors, and Gobert are all natural centers without the footspeed to guard the range of PFs out there. Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks play the same position.

They need to make some deals. They've collected tons of appealing assets. Time to combine some of them for good vet players that make sense.

They probably need a better coach though.

Why does opting out sound like some way of basically taking advantage of the system to allow a team to improve its flexibility?

Because it is just that, to a certain extent.  It's amplified because of the Heat's players, four of whom opted out, three who met privately to determine what they want to do.  As mentioned earlier in the thread, LeBron and Wade make a ton of money from endorsements that can subsidize a lesser contract from Miami if they opt out.  And the Heat can still offer the max contract compared to other teams.

Thing is, no other team has players that teamed up in the off season setting up contracts to play together in the future (like Wade, Bosh and Lebron did in 2006).  

It's not to stop any two or three players from doing that, every player could do the same thing, no doubt, so I'm not complaining about what they did (assembling a power team).  Because every player has the right to do the same thing if they chose to.

I think the initial design/intent of the rule was to protect teams from potentially losing a super star player to FA because they lacked the cap room to bring in other talent with them, while maintaining a large contract of said super star.  This allows the player to opt out while allowing the team to be able to offer a max contract that no other team can match.  

Again, in the case of the Heat, they have three players essentially taking lesser contracts to try and win more championships.  Where other teams, the players are taking max contracts and you might have one star that takes less to help the team.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Utah needs to deal some of their assets. They double up at positions too much. Trey Burke can be a foundation piece. But Exum is an even better one. Kanter, Favors, and Gobert are all natural centers without the footspeed to guard the range of PFs out there. Gordon Hayward and Alec Burks play the same position.

They need to make some deals. They've collected tons of appealing assets. Time to combine some of them for good vet players that make sense.

They probably need a better coach though.

Exum is the same height as Kobe (with a inch or two shorter standing reach) if I remember correctly. If he can put on weight it might be worth developing him as a shooting guard or as a combo guard and play him with any other guard they want. He's got to put on weight and improve his shot so maybe, first guard off the bench as a rookie? Edited by Destino

Dang MF, I was about to post this. But I started reading the thread from Real GM. LOL @ the people that were clowning that dude. He nailed it. 

Haha gotta be quicker my man lol.

On a side note, do you think the NBAPA will get upset if Bosh, Wade and LeBron all take lesser deals to stay together? Just thinking as a player, they usually want to try and make as much as possible. Seems like the teams would have a huge bargaining chip if say LeBron takes less to stay in Miami and keep winning. Then we top tier guys become FAs, will teams be less likely to throw money at them because LeBron will be making less than the max?

Haha gotta be quicker my man lol.

On a side note, do you think the NBAPA will get upset if Bosh, Wade and LeBron all take lesser deals to stay together? Just thinking as a player, they usually want to try and make as much as possible. Seems like the teams would have a huge bargaining chip if say LeBron takes less to stay in Miami and keep winning. Then we top tier guys become FAs, will teams be less likely to throw money at them because LeBron will be making less than the max?

It's a very peculiar situation. What's going to happen is you're going to see lesser skill players getting paid more than they should. 

For example, I heard that the Suns were going to give Gordon Heyward a max contract. I like Heyward, but come on man. 

It's a very peculiar situation. What's going to happen is you're going to see lesser skill players getting paid more than they should. 

For example, I heard that the Suns were going to give Gordon Heyward a max contract. I like Heyward, but come on man. 

That's insane.  People are iffy on giving Greg Monroe a max deal even though he's at least as good offensively and he's 7 feet tall.  If Heyward gets a max deal, his agent should win an ESPY.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

I believe Wade is supposed to be taking a big pay cut

I think he is seeking less money for more years. Which might make a certain amount of sense. If he gets $40 million over the next two years but is then a MLE guy going forward for the rest of his career....I can see why 4 years would be good for him.

I don't think it helps him long-term to become a villian in Miami and then an NBA vagabond. As long as he still gets $40 million in his bank account, he should want to remain a good guy in Miami.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Wiggins will be the star of this draft, but Nike Stauskas is an interesting pick. He reminds me of a taller but poor man' Steph Curry. I wonder if he will play PG there or what happens to McLemore. Stauskas is a guy I like a lot.

I'm a Michigan fan and I like Stauskas, but he is nothing like Steph Curry.  They are both good from long range, but that is the only similarity.  Stauskas isn't a point, because he can't pass or handle the ball like Curry.  More importantly, he doesn't have the ability to get his shot off like Curry.  Curry's special gift is that you don't have to run a play for him to get him a catch and shoot 3 pointer.  Curry can take an accurate 3 pointer off the dribble, while being guarded, any time he wants.   He is the only player in the NBA that can do that efficiently, and  because defenses have to guard against it, it creates fantastic spacing for his teammates.

Stauskas is like Klay Thompson, not like Curry.

• Like 1

That's insane. People are iffy on giving Greg Monroe a max deal even though he's at least as good offensively and he's 7 feet tall. If Heyward gets a max deal, his agent should win an ESPY.

It is "Hayward", guys.

And he's a baller. He will get his money somewhere.

LOL @ the people that were clowning that dude. He nailed it.

Enjoyed that as well. They were absolutely KILLING him from the first reply on (including an apparent mod saying he was keeping the thread open for the humor). Great reading.

But yeah, the Stadium thread got me curious: what is the most insignificant team in the league? Gotta be Milwaukee right?

For good teams, playoff-caliber teams, I think it's Portland. For whatever reason I don't give them any thought at all. If I fell into a coma and they folded, when I awoke I think it'd be awhile before I noticed they were gone unless someone told me.

I'm sure being a West Coast team has a lot to do with it, but there's definitely more to it than that. Not sure what though.

And no offense to anyone on here (sadly, undoubtedly, fans around the country would probably list my Wizards), but the Bobcats/Hornets are probably up there as well.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Hornets are not close to the most insignificant NBA team. Their merchandise is already selling like hot cakes. Just imagine once the season starts.

We also got the nicest uniforms and court. Just gotta get another big time player or two to help out Big Al.

#BuzzCity

New Orleans Pelicans or Utah Jazz are easily the most insignificant teams, imo. Feel sorry for Davis and Hayward.

Edited by Bubble Screen