Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

You belong with the Lebron stans on InsideHoops. Get your eight grade posting style outta here.

Hey, go check out the Utah Jazz teams the Bulls played. You'll find that one of them had a better offensive rating, more assists and a better season record than this year's San Antonio team. You'll bash Jordan because you know he's the gold standard. Oh, Utah also did move the ball very well, even Malone had become a good passer by that time in his career. Go back and actually watch some of the Youtube full games.

Kobe has done better against arguably better Spurs teams. We don't even need to discuss Jordan.

I actually consider magic to be the gold standard, he accomplished much more, and was a better rounded player. Those jazz teams won no championships after jordan retired the first time or second time. The spurs won championships, talk about all the offensive ratings and assist stats you want (I'm sure they're not that far apart), jordan never played a team that knew how to win a championship, that's his knock.

Except for the #3 seed Lakers in 1991, Jordan's Bulls played the #1 seed in every one of their championships. What more do you want?

If you're talking about easy roads to the championship, look no further than this year's Heat team. They were coddled all year in the pathetic east and got handled by a real team.

Except for the #3 seed Lakers in 1991, Jordan's Bulls played the #1 seed in every one of their championships. What more do you want?

If you're talking about easy roads to the championship, look no further than this year's Heat team. They were coddled all year in the pathetic east and got handled by a real team.

The Pacers were number one in the east, so what? They weren't a championship caliber team who have ever accomplished anything, just like every team jordan played. At least magic and bird played each other, two teams that actually had to play against teams that knew how to win championships.

Letting go of the Lebron show for a moment what stops teams from playing like the spurs where the ball moves and the team is eager to hustle on defense? So many nba teams complain about the ball sticking and yet you see them run simple high pick n rolls with two players while everyone else stands still. You see so many iso plays, and worse yet hero ball where one player just blindly takes on three defenders. I can't imagine that the US lacks coaches that know this is bad basketball or are entirely incapable of designing and teaching an offense that gets the ball moving. There are plenty of talented teams, the Spurs actually make use of other teams cast offs so I have my doubts regarding just how talented that roster really is. (Would they even make the playoffs if Mike a Brown was coaching them?). While we are at it, why does no one run the triangle anymore?

Is it really as simple as Popovich, one man, making it all work?

Edited by Destino

As someone said in another place, the Spurs play how all good teams used to play (with the proviso that they shoot more threes and the rules today are diferent.)  Sure, you'd have your Jordan or Drexler go off but it's not like Portland stood around with Isos and post-up shot clock killers all day.  They ran and had more talent from top to bottom in their prime.

Agree about the Triangle too.  If you watch some Youtube vids, you get your memory refreshed on how deadly it could be, even without a great post player if you have a good wing.

And ESPoster generic# Lebron stan:

Do you realize that an aging Bulls team in 98 took out (in a hard fought seven gamer) a Pacers team that was much much better than this Pacers team?  One that finally made the Finals two years later (vs the Lakers?)  Your opinions on who was good or who had an easy road are funny, because the Heat are continually going up against teams that the Bulls Eastern conference rivals would have beaten and easily.  

The Jazz, contrary to popular opinion, were a great team and dispatched teams with greater talent quite easily, in some cases.  Stop inventing **** about the quality of Jordan's opponents when Lebron's opponents have been weaker, generally.  I'd point out the Spurs recently had been known for choking, including losing to an 8th seed, and then getting handled by OKC, NOW they're the greatest team ever because it makes Lebron look slightly better.  There is a reason that Lebron-led teams seem to lack a rudder in key moments and Jordan wasn't 6/6 out of dumb luck. But that's OK.  Few people were as psychotically driven as he was by that point.    Losing a series is one thing, even losing it 4-1.  But losing so badly is not a good look if you want to be considered above the very best players of all time.  "Pop in the tape" (on Youtube) of the Flu game.  And tell me that teams don't respond differently when that is their leader compared to Lebron.

Upset-Michael-Jordan-Laughs-to-Himself.g

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

The Pacers were number one in the east, so what? They weren't a championship caliber team who have ever accomplished anything, just like every team jordan played. At least magic and bird played each other, two teams that actually had to play against teams that knew how to win championships.

The breakdown in your logic is that the criteria makes no sense. You criticize Jordan for never beating any teams that "knew how to win championships" when the Bulls themselves won 6 of 8 championships from 91-98. What room did the Jazz, Blazers, Sonics, etc. really have to dominate? All you can go on is stats and the 96-99 Jazz were excellent in that regard, as mentioned before. Certainly they pass the eye test as a great team that gave the Bulls a number of scares.

You are literally making **** up. Just give it up bruh....

His agent needs to talk to him and tell him how much money it'll cost him to leave.

Yep, I think there is no chance he leaves.

An ESPN writer made a good point, how many teams have situations that he could walk into and be ready to win in terms of the supporting cast?

LBJ is not gonna go anywhere that requires his teammates to grow into playoff performers and it looks like there aren't many teams like that

I'm very happy and enjoying this moment, seeing a couple of french starters in an NBA championship team was great, and so rare.

Lebron had a very classy interview saying San Antonio showed this is how basketball should be played. They are the best basketball team I played against in my career. They represent exactly what this game should be in altruism, movement. They dominated us in all facets of the game.

Edited by FrFan

His agent needs to talk to him and tell him how much money it'll cost him to leave.

Not trying to be funny, but you don't think that was discussed somewhere mid-season ?

I would fire my agent if that was the case. I know they are boys and all...but still. That would make it more absurd.

I don't think it really would cost him anything. He is still the face of the league and would recoup any lost salary through endorsements and merchandise sales.

I bet he won't do another decision scenario again though. haha.

That said, he seems comfortable in Miami.

Edited by Kosher Ham

I could see James leaving. Being crazy enough to go back to Cleveland. Or even trying to talk Melo into meeting him in Chicago or New York. The rep is the rep. Regardless of what he does now, that won't change. Now he just needs to win as many titles as possible, doesn't matter if on a different team every year if he could.

As far as leaving money on the table. Like he wouldn't get a huge deal from somewhere else. Its all calculated and thought out to make sure a lot of cash isn't lost in whatever he's doing. He's not dumb. Nobody is going to be "mad". He was part of two titles in Miami. If he moves on, those still happened.

So did Rashard Lewis and like every other Miami player. But great job LeBron.

Before you get it twisted... I'm not a LeBron lover. I think he's a good player but his whole "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" ruse really kind of made me sour on him. So I'm not giving him kudos just to give him kudos.

He went out of his way to give Tim Duncan the extra enthusiastic thank you. I wouldn't have been able to have done that. I would have walked through the line, said congrats and well deserved and that's about it. He seemed like he was genuinely happy for Duncan.

I moreso made that comment because of the comment above that post saying he just walked off the court, for the record :)

What an absolute clinic the Spurs put on in this series. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Just amazing team basketball. Even my wife, who hates basketball, enjoyed watching the Spurs play. I hope Duncan and Pops never retire.

On a side note, are the Duncan-era Spurs the best dynasty in basketball? 5 titles in 3 different decades. Had to be the Kobe/Shaq Lakers and the LeBron lef Heat. I can't think of another dynasty that has basically lasted for 15 years.

What an absolute clinic the Spurs put on in this series. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Just amazing team basketball. Even my wife, who hates basketball, enjoyed watching the Spurs play. I hope Duncan and Pops never retire.

On a side note, are the Duncan-era Spurs the best dynasty in basketball? 5 titles in 3 different decades. Had to be the Kobe/Shaq Lakers and the LeBron lef Heat. I can't think of another dynasty that has basically lasted for 15 years.

The Bill Russell Celtics were the best dynasty in NBA history. Yes, another era. Actually, more than a few eras ago. But still, dominated for a decade.

Lebron's rep takes a big hit if he leaves for greener pastures. It's just too mercenary and too sharply contrasted when measured against the backdrop of other greats like Duncan, Bird, Magic, and Jordan. Everyone rational can forgive the first move, just like they did Shaq. Cleveland was mismanaged and poorly coached. Miami is not. If he leaves to join another great team because it has a brighter future as soon as things don't go perfectly with the Heat he becomes the player version of a bandwagon fan.

I think he stays in Miami and I think he should (even though deep down I'd love to see him play for Popovich just to see what would happen).

Do Wade and Bosh have no trade clauses? I don't think its in Miami's best interest to keep them both.

If LeBron leaves again, he starts drifting into Moses Malone territory and it will absolutely hurt his legacy.

Leaving Cleveland for Miami is already a black mark. Think of how much more he'd be celebrated if he had won his two rings in Cleveland? It would be night and day.

Miami can't trade Wade this summer because he's untradeable. Who wants that deal? Only thing they'll get back for him is a total stinker of a contract, seeing as Wade is LeBron's friend and is still a close to 20 PER player (on a minutes restriction, missing a lot of games), they're better off keeping him.

Bosh has trade value though. But again, you might be opening a can of worms in the locker room by dealing him.

Miami's best bet is probably to rest up, try and get a bench, and ride this sucker for another year. Their path to the Finals is still easy. Getting back to the Finals and hoping someone knocks out San Antonio isn't a bad strategy.

Not trying to be funny, but you don't think that was discussed somewhere mid-season ?

I would fire my agent if that was the case. I know they are boys and all...but still. That would make it more absurd.

I don't think it really would cost him anything. He is still the face of the league and would recoup any lost salary through endorsements and merchandise sales.

I bet he won't do another decision scenario again though. haha.

That said, he seems comfortable in Miami.

LeBron's not recouping lost salary with endorsements. Those endorsements are already there. That's money in his pocket. The salary isn't. I think he loses 70 million in salary minimum if he leaves. That's guaranteed losses. Money he will never get back in salary. And if you actually find decent salary cap projections for down the road and calculate the way the different raises kick in depending on where he goes + factor in the tax hit he'll take if he leaves Florida, I think you're actually talking about over 100 million in losses in salary. It would be staggering. Plus leaving again damages his brand and could cost him endorsement opportunities, and again, changing states could hurt his takeaway from them.

It'd be a disaster IMO. I wouldn't consider it for a moment if I were him. I'd go to Riley and say I'm here for good, build a Spurs or Mavs-like team around me.

I think LeBron has ambitions beyond basketball. I think management of a franchise is in his future, maybe even ownership. But for right now, he's at the point in his career where he needs to maximize his earnings. He's got two rings and he's 29. He's got one, maybe two huge contracts left, depending on when he signs it.

Leaving Miami is just way too costly, and there is certainly no guarantee he'd be more successful on the basketball court if he did.

Going to NY or LA would easily get that money back.

It's not even a question.

His endorsement deals are not non-negotiable from what I understand, and there are always more opportunities.

Money is easy to make when you are the face of the league.