Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 1/31/2024 at 8:09 AM, purbeast said:

It could definitely be unintentional, but that play looks somewhat dirty to me.

I don't think it was dirty, but it is also one of those things that I don't understand why the NBA hasn't done more to legislate it out of the league.  If Embiid were standing and Kuminga had fallen over and ran into him, even in the context of trying to get a loose ball that's an obvious and immediate foul.

But somehow the fact that Embiid is on the ground eliminates his protection against being fouled if somebody dives/lands on top of him?  You rarely see the foul called when one guy jumps, dives, lands on another guy on the ground when trying to get a loose ball.  I've always thought somebody on the ground should get more protection not less than a guy standing.

The LeBron/AD-less Lakers about to win in Boston is hilarious. Strange when LeBron isn't dribbling out the shot clock and what good team effort on defense can do for a team 

And Reggie Miller constantly slobbing the two stars on the bench for cheering on their teammates instead of praising the guys on the court. Or maybe even question why those 2 stars (more LeBron) can't give this kind of effort when they play.

12 hours ago, PeterMP said:

I don't think it was dirty, but it is also one of those things that I don't understand why the NBA hasn't done more to legislate it out of the league.  If Embiid were standing and Kuminga had fallen over and ran into him, even in the context of trying to get a loose ball that's an obvious and immediate foul.

But somehow the fact that Embiid is on the ground eliminates his protection against being fouled if somebody dives/lands on top of him?  You rarely see the foul called when one guy jumps, dives, lands on another guy on the ground when trying to get a loose ball.  I've always thought somebody on the ground should get more protection not less than a guy standing.

Yeah I agree with you.  Like I said, I don't THINK it was intentional, it just kinda LOOKS dirty because the way he just looks to put his weight down on his knee, almost as if it's on purpose.  Something about it kind of made me think of the hip tackles in the NFL that are injuring people, and yes I realize it's not the same.  Maybe that's why I thought it looked dirty.

Yeah I really don't understand the uproar over this.  They can miss 20% of the season and still be eligible.  Anything more and they can't.  20% is a large amount of leeway IMO.

Barkley said he thinks it should have bee 70 games not 65 games.  

It sucks that players like Embiid keep getting hurt but I mean there isn't much they can do about it.

• Like 1

Michael Porter Jr in hot water with his comments about women's basketball in his interview with Ryan Clark. 

He's got some of the top WNBA players going off on their social media. Just not a good look for MPJ.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thumb down 1

40 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The problem with the rule is for certain top players it incentivizes them to rush back from injury. Haliburton rushing back to play injured cause he might miss out on 40 mill and Embiid possibly thinking about the MVP.

Tying supermax eligibility to all-NBA is a different issue but if a player is rushing back because they want to be MVP vs winning a chip, that's on them. 

3 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Michael Porter Jr in hot water with his comments about women's basketball in his interview with Ryan Clark. 

He's got some of the top WNBA players going off on their social media. Just not a good look for MPJ.

He stepped on the most obvious land mine possible. Why would he even comment on this? 

12 hours ago, purbeast said:

Curry with a 60 berder and an L... OL.

The warriors are ass af. 

18 hours ago, Destino said:

He stepped on the most obvious land mine possible. Why would he even comment on this? 

Maybe Ryan Clark thought he was giving him a lob.

i don’t think he said anything that bad, but he going to be crucified.