Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

The thing about Pop/Kerr is that they are obviously wealthy men...however, they are completely in-touch with what's going on in many inner-city communities.  There isn't that disconnect that many politicians have regarding the plight that many minorities go through in this country. 

I think their ability to coach is directly related to their ability to connect with people they may or may not 100% understand. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

NFL players are getting more empowered though.  The league is going to change a lot over the next decade or two.

It will, but not without a ton of kicking and screaming. Hell, I saw a black guy dabbing on ESPN after winning some NASCAR race not long ago. After awhile, they won't be able to retreat, and at that point they'll have to make a decision on if they want to wise up and be a part of this new world that is surely coming (if we can survive the current stuff and actually make it there lol).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RonArtest15 said:

The thing about Pop/Kerr is that they are obviously wealthy men...however, they are completely in-touch with what's going on in many inner-city communities.  There isn't that disconnect that many politicians have regarding the plight that many minorities go through in this country. 

Well, they actually know tons of black people, and have played and worked with them throughout their entire lives.  

Not just Ben Carson and Omarosa.  :)  

• Haha 1

I don't know. The NFL does an incredible job of making sure that everyone who rises to any prominent level within that league is fully assimilated into the Borg. I mean, Mike Tomlin is probably the hippest coach in NFL history, and he works for a family whose patriarch was an ambassador for Obama. And he is still mostly a cliché machine.

This next season is going to feature literally 5,000 stories on Jon Gruden and his beliefs that CTE is made up and that what the young people need today is spending six hours a day in film studying mastering YZ S SOLO C BANANA CROSS 4.

And do really think the league is going to get more progressive as we enter into the 2020s and all those "state of the art" stadiums from the turn of the century are suddenly going to need to be seriously upgraded?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Chucky adjusting to the new NFL after being gone a decade, just might be the most entertaining thing to come of the 2018 season ?.

Remember when Gibbs had us all debating about the value of the shotgun snap back in 2004?

It's going to be like except weirder.

Man, I’m trying to throw the game back to 1998. Really, as a broadcaster, I went around and tried to observe every team. Asked a lot of questions. Took a look at the facilities, how they’re doing business. There’s a stack of analytical data … people don’t even know how to read it. It’s one thing to have the data. It’s another things to know how to read the damn thing.

So I’m not going to rely on GPS and all the modern technology. I will certainly have some people that are professional that help me from that regard. But I still think doing things the old-fashioned way is the a good way.

I love the idea that no one knows how to read the data. "Hey, man. I can't even balance my checkbook. I can't read a restaurant bill. I just throw $100 at the Hooters' waitress and hope that's enough, man."

His brother is our coach by the way.

• Haha 1

Not really. The Cavs are very much in question. I don't think GS  is bulletproof either. Not this year.  It would take a largely flawless series, but I think Houston can beat them. You couldn't say that last year. No ones best would've given them anything more than a flesh wound.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Nobody actually believes in the Raptors.  The Cavs are still going to win it this year.  And nobody really thinks the Rockets are going to beat Golden State in a series.

But if Houston adds LeBron this summer, we'll see what happens next year.  At the very least, it'd open up the East for a new sacrificial lamb to emerge.

I do think Houston will give the Warriors a 6 game series though.

If you give LeBron the team infrastructure that Harden has in Houston, then I think he can replace Harden's production after his inevitable postseason disappearance and they might seriously have a shot at beating the Warriors.  Especially if Golden State is not at 100% health-wise.

It's the best shot anyone has at doing it until new contracts for Green and Thompson come up and Iggy gets washed up.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:46 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

How are the Clippers still winning?

Because Harris hasn't been a significant downgrade from the current version of Griffin?  Blake on the other hand, has been terrible in Detroit where he's shooting .401 from the field and they've gone 6-8 since the trade. 

26 minutes ago, Destino said:

Because Harris hasn't been a significant downgrade from the current version of Griffin?  Blake on the other hand, has been terrible in Detroit where he's shooting .401 from the field and they've gone 6-8 since the trade. 

He has struggled to adjust to the new role and offense.  I'm surprised, I thought the transition would be more seamless for him because he was on a hot streak after coming back from his concussion and he filled a playmaking void in their line up.  But he's jump shooting too much and not shooting well from anywhere on the floor, particularly from three.

I think he'll get comfortable there eventually, but I no longer think it will happen in time for the playoffs.

I also think they still need to get better wings for them to make some noise in the East.  Reggie Bullock is a bench player.  Luke Kennard might be something down the road, but he's not a good player right now.  Stanley Johnson is probably a bust.  They just don't have the horses on the wing to compete yet.  Even someone like CJ Miles would be a big upgrade that could help them.

It doesn't explain LA's success though.  That roster was barely good enough to compete for the 8th seed in competitive West even with Blake Griffin.  A team where Lou Williams is your go to offense should be in the lottery.  Doc Rivers has them overachieving big time.  Williams should have made the AS game.  He's been awesome.