Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

You guys are seriously overlooking Toronto.  That does not seem to be the same team that flamed out the past couple of years in the playoffs.  They have opened their offense, and they added a lot of athleticism.  There's a reason that they are second in margin of victory, behind only Houston.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Predicto said:

You guys are seriously overlooking Toronto.  That does not seem to be the same team that flamed out the past couple of years in the playoffs.  They have opened their offense, and they added a lot of athleticism.  There's a reason that they are second in margin of victory, behind only Houston.  

Yeah, but their third best player is Ibaka or Valanciunas... When one of those guys is your third best option you are going to have some real issues come playoff time.

3 minutes ago, Predicto said:

Meh, they're in "prove it to me" mode. Deep down I don't know if they have the mental toughness to handle the playoffs. We'll see though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Predicto said:

They are soft regular season overachievers.  Boston would beat them.  The Wizards would beat them.  And Cleveland will probably beat them in four or five games in the second round.

No. Toronto is definitely a tough out. They can be beat... but over a series it would be tough for any of those teams mentioned...and unlikely. 

This softness you speak of is former teams...this team has a little more to them. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

No. Toronto is definitely a tough out. They can be beat... but over a series it would be tough for any of those teams mentioned...and unlikely. 

This softness you speak of is former teams...this team has a little more to them. 

This.

A year ago, Toronto was 11th in the league in defensive efficiency.  Now they are third.  If they shot the 3 better they would be terrifying,  

• Like 1

I still gotta see it in May. I lm on record in thinking the only thing this year that can stop them is inside their own heads, but they have to show me before I commit. Them not ****ing around in the 1st-2nd round this year will be telling. If its the same helter skelter, hell yeah we're gonna do this!/can we really do this? type stuff, then they're just gonna fall apart again.

But they do look different. I still don't trust them though

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I will say that I think the fact that DeRozan is shooting the 3 this year is making the biggest difference (highest % and attempts of his career).  And then from there, much of the team has better offensive numbers.  I think it is actually fueling their defensive efficiency as it fuels their offensive efficiency.  Easier to play defense with a lead and after big baskets.

But in the end, I'm with Sinister.  I have to see it in the playoffs.

17 hours ago, Predicto said:

DeRozan is a tier below the superstar level, which is why you can still trust Lebron or Kyrie or even Giannis over them.

Its hard for me to tell. They are going to be a tough out and they are loaded, and have some real defensive stoppers now. But idk.

Probably me, but the Cavs got young but not better.

They don't have a secondary good perimiter scorer for LeBron. (Jordan Clarkson is a chucker)

The players they got were being dumped by inferior teams too.

And they committed long term money to these guys.

The only move I liekd was the George Hill move.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Once LeBron leaves that’s a lottery team. 

Not surprising, most teams that lose their two best players in two off seasons would be left in a tough spot.  They needed to get an all star back for Kyrie and failed, so now they're going to be "rebuilding."  

18 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Isaiah Thomas - Is he in the league in two years?

Gun to my head, right now? No

When you're that short, you need to be lightning quick, and either shoot from range or be able to get in the paint and score (in his case he could do both), but he's slow now post injury, and he can't get buckets the way he normally does because of it, and he can no longer be hidden on decense. He's also on getting older. There isn't a place in the NBA for that kind of player

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Gun to my head, right now? No

When you're that short, you need to be lightning quick, and either shoot from range or be able to get in the paint and score (in his case he could do both), but he's slow now post injury, and he can't get buckets the way he normally does because of it, and he can no longer be hidden on decense. He's also on getting older. There isn't a place in the NBA for that kind of player

I thought that even with those problems, teams would take a chance on him for a while, because of his past. But having basically been kicked out of Cleveland and now announcing that he won't come off the bench in LA, he looks like the kind of player that people aren't going to want to deal with.

The only thing worse than a 5'8'' guy with no athleticism is a 5'8'' guy with no athleticism who thinks he's a max player.

This is a case where Danny Ainge's total lack of sentimentality paid off. He clearly had no interest in giving Thomas the contract he ostensibly earned last year. And he was proven right.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I mentioned it yesterday when the discussion came up. He seems to be like the last person to realize that it's all over as "IT/King of the Fourth". This is gonna be sad (and entertaining) to watch.

Hopefully he can learn to accept all of this, and embrace being somebody's Earl Boykins for a bit, before his career is done.

Brad Stevens created a great offense for IT to thrive.

But no other coach should or will. He will be in the league because he did score nearly 30 points a game in a season, but he is no longer gonna be a top option.

But I do feel he should sue the Celtics for negligence with his injury, if possible. They cost him over $120 million

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah I mentioned it yesterday when the discussion came up. He seems to be like the last person to realize that it's all over as "IT/King of the Fourth". This is gonna be sad (and entertaining) to watch.

Hopefully he can learn to accept all of this, and embrace being somebody's Earl Boykins for a bit, before his career is done.

This time last year, he thought he was going to make $120 million.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

This time last year, he thought he was going to make $120 million.

He probably still thinks that right now :ols:

I can't wait to hear Father Ball's first hot take on em, If he plays, that is. Who the hell  knows what's going on in that dudes mind right now lol. He's  probably doing push ups, looking at black and white stills of LeBron and Danny Ainge.