Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Maybe Danny Ainge was smarter than all of us when he decided to stand pat at the trade deadline. Don't care what seed they are, these dudes aint ready for primetime. Need some reboubding and a legit 1A/1B  star player

Well they wouldn't be losing this series if they'd traded for Jimmy Butler.

• Like 4

Boston fans have been bragging about all of the draft picks they've piled up from that franchise killing Pierce/KG trade the Nets made.  But they've not really gotten a lot from the deal so far and they enter this offseason with a lot of questions to answer and no clear direction.  Looking at their roster situation:

- Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder are good role players on incredibly team friendly deals, but their career windows don't match up with a Markelle Fultz.  

- Ditto for Al Horford, except he's monstrously expensive and won't necessarily be easy to move.

- They don't really know what they've got in Jaylen Brown yet.

- Marcus Smart is a wet fart away from being the poor man's Lance Stephenson.  

- Isaiah Thomas is good, but he almost single handedly kills your defense and he plays the same position as the blue chippers in this draft class.  He's also due for a big raise in the summer of 2018 and giving him that money will restrict their options.

- Tyler Zeller is expensive for a guy who can't crack their rotation.  

- Olynyk, Jerebko, Green, and Johnson are expiring and most will probably get raises.  

- James Young and Terry Rozier are bums.  

- RJ Hunter sucked and is now gone.  

This pick swap with Brooklyn is probably their one real shot at getting a transcendent talent.  They'll almost certainly get a top 3 pick in a draft with two clear blue chippers.  They get Brooklyn's pick again next year, but there is no guarantee Brooklyn gets another top 3 or 4 pick (they have no incentive to tank and they'll have gigantic amounts of money to spend this summer and not many other teams will).  And there is no guarantee next year's draft class will be any good.

The way forward would be really easy and obvious if the blue chippers in this class were centers or power forwards.  But they're not.  Fultz and Ball are PGs, Thomas can't play SG, and Jackson and Tatum play the same position as Crowder and Brown.  Also I don't think Jackson and Tatum are real blue chippers.  Jackson has a strong whiff of MKG to him and Tatum might be the bad kind of tweener--slow for a SF, small for a PF.  De'Aaron Fox is a burner with good length but again, he's another PG and he's certainly no John Wall.

So yeah, none of their options are no brainers, and they desperately need some clarity in the direction of their build.

I guess what I would do if I were Ainge is wait and see if Brooklyn gets a top two pick in the lottery.  If so, then I blow it up and do a true rebuild around Fultz or Ball.  I trade Isiah Thomas and Horford for whatever I can get in return.  I probably keep some of the good role players I've got because I don't need to totally bottom out, but not anyone who is on an expiring.

If the pick falls to three or four, then I package it together with the 2018 pick to try and make Chicago an offer they can't refuse for Jimmy Butler.  I'd consider doing the same for Paul George, but only do it if I got a clear indication from him that he'd stay in 2018.

I think Thomas is their trade asset and they can flip him if they get a top 2 pick and keep the falloff from being too great while they get the rookie acclimated. 

Then they could always try to trade assets again for butler or someone. 

I think they are also really hoping the Butler kid in Utah whose name escapes me now makes it out because he Andy Stevens have been tight since he was like 15 getting recruited. 

Gordon Hayward?  I'd rather have Jimmy Butler or Paul George than him.  And again, he's 27.  His career window doesn't match the window of a Fultz or Ball.

The problem with waiting to make a trade is their assets are probably at their peak value before this draft.  This pick swap with Brooklyn is their best trade chip and I'm not sure you can get a Jimmy Butler without including it.  And Isaiah Thomas's trade value declines significantly if you pick Ball or Fultz and it becomes clear he'll be the odd man out, plus he'll be an expiring next season, so his value isn't going to be that high to begin with.

If they're going to decide to make a run with this group of players, then they've got to make a deal to bring in a true star worth building around this summer.

• Like 1

Tried to watch the Raptors game last night and it was only on the NBA Network.  Complete BS, considering this is the playoffs.  I'm fine with that for regular season games, but no playoff games should be shown exclusively on a channel that everyone doesn't have.  

When I downgraded my programming on Directv, the package I chose doesn't come with the NBA channel.  A couple of times during the regular season, I was slightly irritated that a game or two I wanted to watch was on there, but the playoffs, come on man.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Tried to watch the Raptors game last night and it was only on the NBA Network.  Complete BS, considering this is the playoffs.  I'm fine with that for regular season games, but no playoff games should be shown exclusively on a channel that everyone doesn't have.  

When I downgraded my programming on Directv, the package I chose doesn't come with the NBA channel.  A couple of times during the regular season, I was slightly irritated that a game or two I wanted to watch was on there, but the playoffs, come on man.

Well.. Looks like you won't be catching the Wizards/Hawks game tonight either Bro...

45 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

Well.. Looks like you won't be catching the Wizards/Hawks game tonight either Bro...

Well that sucks.  I refuse to pay more money just to get that channel back.  I don't remember them doing that **** in the past years, granted, I had the channel up until last summer, so if they did I didn't think twice about it.  At least it's only some games and only in the first round.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

My CSN app says its on there. Dont play with me like this. 

It's simulcast... I know Taze isn't in the DC area so figured he wouldn't have it.

8 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Well that sucks.  I refuse to pay more money just to get that channel back.  I don't remember them doing that **** in the past years, granted, I had the channel up until last summer, so if they did I didn't think twice about it.  At least it's only some games and only in the first round.

Yeah man, they've been doing it since NBATV was a couple of years old I think. They'd always put the "lesser" playoff games on that channel.

You know I love my Wizards, but even I wouldn't put them on TNT over Russ Vs Harden and the Warriors.

• Like 2

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Its why I gave up and started streaming.  I didn't watch TV enough to justify the assrape.

I watch a **** ton of TV/movies.  But I cut down our programming from the highest one (can't remember what it was called - but it had all the channels and movie channels like HBO, Showtime, Max, Starz, TMC, etc.) to save a **** ton of money.  If I wasn't a Hornets fan I'd have cut the cord a while back, but all their games would be blacked out on the League Pass and I wouldn't be able to watch them.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

They still wouldn't get out of the first round. 

First round? Chicago wouldn't even make the playoffs.

Toronto would be a threat to a healthy LeBron team. Probably the only team out there that could.

1 minute ago, MLSKINS said:

It's simulcast... I know Taze isn't in the DC area so figured he wouldn't have it.

Yeah man, they've been doing it since NBATV was a couple of years old I think. They'd always put the "lesser" playoff games on that channel.

Barkley has been frying NBA TV lately :rofl89:. Which is funny, because Shaq and Kenny are on there as well, so they just sit there and try not to piss anyone off lol

Just now, MLSKINS said:

You know I love my Wizards, but even I wouldn't put them on TNT over Russ Vs Harden and the Warriors.

Yeah, any games aired on NBATV that are simulcast I can't get due to not being in that region.  For basketball, I only get my hornets regionally.  But for some reason in baseball I get the Braves, Reds and O's..........

I just think that during the playoffs all games should be available to anyone with regular cable/standard packages.  I guess I could blame Directv for not including it on the lower tier package I switched to.  I get MLB and NFL channels, but no NBA or NHL.  Oh well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I watch a **** ton of TV/movies.  But I cut down our programming from the highest one (can't remember what it was called - but it had all the channels and movie channels like HBO, Showtime, Max, Starz, TMC, etc.) to save a **** ton of money.  If I wasn't a Hornets fan I'd have cut the cord a while back, but all their games would be blacked out on the League Pass and I wouldn't be able to watch them.  

I feel you, bro. 

I gave up completely and put an $80 antenna in my house.  Between Kodi and Netflix, I'm good on movies, but I'm in hampton roads, so it's either cable to get the wizards, nats, and caps, or what I'm doing right now.  I've even tried finding ways to listen to them on the regular radio or online radio, no luck.

Maybe my next job I'll get the cable box you can talk, records everything with the word "Redskins" in it, and does my taxes for me.  It's not like a brag about being a pirate, I go to the movie theater more now, I'd pay for it if I could make it make sense, it doesn't right now.  I know with cox you have a pay another package up to get the second CSN station, so even if I was paying what I was paying, I could still miss a Wizards game because the Caps are on the primary channel.  It's BS.

• Like 1