Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

1.Jordan

2.LeBron

It don't even matter who's 3rd and after...

I agree. By no means am I a LeBron fan, but after Jordan, he's the best I have ever seen. Edited by DM72

Lol you're crazy LKB...

For real though, I can't explain what happened in game three. It's obvious to say Curry was on fire and Harden just sucked, but I think it's deeper than that. I just don't know what.

It's just a great matchup for the Warriors. They have 5-6 guys they can defend Harden with and on the other end the Rockets just can't keep up with the Warriors ball movement and tempo

• Like 1

That's true...

I hate talking basketball with people sometimes... Was telling my cousin and brother in law that the Warriors would beat the Cavs in the Finals. It wasn't that they disagreed with me, it's the reasons they gave.

The Warriors bench isn't deep... What!?!?
Their big men are soft... What!?!?!
Cleveland's defense is better than the Grizzlies... WHAT!?!?!

When they said that Barbosa wasn't good anymore, that's when I knew they had no idea what they were talking about.

I've been trying to tell these idiots all year, yes the Warriors have a beast starting 5, but I think arguably one of the biggest keys to their success, is that they have a very deep bench. Not only is it a deep bench, but they play extremely well together.

I'm not saying Cleveland will get swept, but I just don't see how they can beat the Warriors 4 times.  

Lebron's record in the Finals is always going to hurt him when he's compared to basketballs all time greats.I think the thing that held Lebron back is that he never found a home that had a solid number 2 star or and HoF coach. Imagine Lebron and Paul George coached by Popovich early on in his career. That would have been on the level of Jordan, Pippen, and Jackson. Lebron would be wearing championship rings on both hands by now and the GOAT crown might be his, especially since he would have been the more dedicated having not bailed to play baseball in the middle of his reign.

The record in the finals will hurt him for sure and it will be what people always bring up but he has again carried a team that has no real business being in the finals let alone making the playoffs. I mean he has castaways who came in during the season in shumpert, smith and a guy named Timofey. If those aint scraps I dont know what is. Just speaks to how dominant he can be in all phases of the game to make everyone else around him better and still put up some crazy stats.

• Like 1

Difference is that LeBron carried teams to the finals that would not otherwise be there.

Jordan could not to that. 

LeBron made mediocre teams and coaches a lot of money.

"teams"?  If memory serves he took one mediocre Cavs to the finals (and got swept).  That wasn't the first one star team to the make the finals.  Take Dirk, Kidd, Iverson, and Howard off the Mavs, Nets, 76ers, and Magic and none of those teams make the finals.  The Miami Heat were far from mediocre, and his current Cavs team won't stand out as terrible either if Kyrie manages to come back. 

There are very few championship teams that could lose their star and still march on as if nothing happened. 

The main argument against Lebron is that he steamrolled inferior Eastern Conference competition. It isn't like Jordan who had to get through Ewing's Knicks, Miller's Pacers, Mourning's Heat, etc. Lebron's biggest competition in the East has been...what...an over the hill Celtics? The Pacers who had the softest stars this league has seen in years?

With that said, he is carrying a pretty sad sack bunch right now. I mean no Love and no Irving and they're still gonna make the Finals. And if he WINS with this group? Forget about it. That's GOAT status.

Broken down Wade and overhyped Bosh ?

Serious talk here. This guy has led teams that in no way, shape, or form should have been there.

I'll give the first Cavs team he led to the finals and this current Cavs team.  Possibly the last Heat team, but that is debatable, imo.  He pretty much said "Avengers assemble!" when him, Wade and Bosh formed the power 3 in Miami.  

Much props to Pat Riley for also assembling necessary talent around them as far as support players go.  He is no doubt the reason they are going to advance to the finals this year, but Irving and Love (regular season) and Smith aren't slouches.  This is a far better Cleveland team than the first one he led to a finals.

Only reason this Cavs team was ruled out was basically lack of experience, cohesion, chemistry if I'm not mistaken.  But they formed it and King James can get the credit for that. 

Broken down Wade and overhyped Bosh ?

Serious talk here. This guy has led teams that in no way, shape, or form should have been there.

I really don't know what you consider help if two allstars don't qualify.  Do you want him surrounded by Team USA?  lol

• Like 1

I'm generally a Lebron supporter, but there have been a lot of teams that made it to the championship that wouldn't have been there without their star.  

Jordanless Bulls aren't winning championships.

With respect to the Cavs vs. the GS, the Cavs are going to have to be very effecient.  No, low percentage plays early in the shot clock.

At some level, a violation is going to be better for them than a low percentage play.

Difference is that LeBron carried teams to the finals that would not otherwise be there.

Jordan could not do that.

LeBron made mediocre teams and coaches a lot of money.

Wasn't Jordan's comp a bit higher though? It's not like LeBron is single handedly running through Bird, Magic and the Bad Boy Pistons