Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I also think that on nights where they don't have any outside shooting, my concerns about the Bulls "More Bigmen, please" offseason popped up. Pau and Noah just don't mix on the court. That team has some serious spacing issues. Not Pistons before they waived Smith bad, but it's there.

The last 36 games say differently.

They'll be fine.

Noah and Gasol's issue is defensively Cuz Noah has been struggling the last 9 months

Dunleavy needs to get healthy tho. I die inside every time Hinrich starts

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

Just had a great example of why I love basketball, why I love America and why I love the DMV.

Stopped at some gas station out in 29 between Gainesville and Warrenton. Dude working the register was this older Sikh, heavy accent, probably in his 50's.

I'm rocking an old blue Wizards skully. He mentions that he likes it. I tell him, true story, that I actually got it at the first game John Wall ever played in DC. That they were handing them out at his home debut. He says he watched our game last night and he was impressed but unfortunately he's the fan of someone else. I ask who...

"LeBron James."

Wrong answer. We proceed to argue for at least the next ten minutes. No exaggeration. We got into it. It continued on as he checked out at least four more customers (he continues to argue with me the entire time he's ringing then up, everyone laughing.)

The two ugliest moments came when he said that LeBron at 65% was more of a winner than KD and then, worst of all, tried to argue that Kyrie was better than Wall. That really set me off.

I promised him I would be back next time we played. And that he would see me every single day if we faced off in the playoffs. God help him if we knock them out. .

So yeah, a 50+-year-old, turbanned-up Sikh arguing NBA basketball at work in Prince William/Fauquier County, VA with some nerdy white kid reppin'the long-losing hometeam. God bless the DMV. God bless the USA. **** LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.
  • Like 6

You're an odd dude.

But I love it lol

Don't get me wrong, it was all in good fun. It wasn't rude or disrespectful or anything like that. It was everything sports fandom and rivalries should be. Both with smiles on our faces as we talk ****. And the great thing about sports, there will be a winner and a loser. Oh my God I'm gonna spend the next whatever-months plotting my ****-talking to random-gas-station-attendant LeBron-fan Sikh on the chance we might face them in the playoffs. I will own him.

Don't get me wrong, it was all in good fun. It wasn't rude or disrespectful or anything like that. It was everything sports fandom and rivalries should be. Both with smiles on our faces as we talk ****. And the great thing about sports, there will be a winner and a loser. Oh my God I'm gonna spend the next whatever-months plotting my ****-talking to random-gas-station-attendant LeBron-fan Sikh on the chance we might face them in the playoffs. I will own him.

I honestly think the Wiz-Cavs are destined to finish 4-5. Not because I legit think the Wiz are the 4th best team but because I feel like the Wiz have to beat the Cavs to fully be re-born. 

Kinda how I am nearly 110% positive that the Caps have to beat the Pens in a series if they are ever gonna win a Cup. Gotta exorcise those demons

Celtics and Clippers discussing a deal for Austin Rivers, league sources tell Yahoo, but Boston doesn't want salary back next season.

Celtics willing to move A. Rivers for 2nd-round pick. For Clippers, it's free look at 10th overall pick -- who'd only be college senior now.

Yahoo Sources: Within front office and coaching staff, officials pushing president/coach Doc Rivers to bring his son, Austin, to Clippers.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thibs plays Jimmy Butler 41 minutes a night after a very physical game against the Wizards. There is no way he's going to make it to the playoffs with his legs.

Chicago is going to be ragtag once they hit the postseason.

Dude half the wings are injured.

They don't have a choice

MDJ and McDermott both have been gone for weeks.

Back up wing is Tony Snell and E Tawn Moore

Besides Butler has been playing big minutes his whole career. He'll be fine.

I'm more worried about Gasol keeping up his form and Rose staying healthy

Back up wing is Tony Snell and E Tawn Moore

Besides Butler has been playing big minutes his whole career. He'll be fine.

Isn't that what happened to deng as well? Thibs is a great coach... But u gotta know there is a difference between regular season minutes and playoff minutes. Or even high stakes games that mean something, and games against Milwaukee. About 60% of the team is already injured.

Isn't that what happened to deng as well? Thibs is a great coach... But u gotta know there is a difference between regular season minutes and playoff minutes. Or even high stakes games that mean something, and games against Milwaukee. About 60% of the team is already injured.

Who else do you play then?

Guys aren't hurt because of minutes. McDermott barely played and had his knee flare up. MDJ sprained his ankle. Rose is recovering from two knee surgeries and is on a minutes restriction.

Trust me, we all know Thibs is crazy but guys have to step up in the absence of others. Jimmy will be fine.

Deng screwed himself by opting to not get offseason surgery on his wrist a few years back. Now he can't shoot