Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I've been trying to tell y'all. He was exposed in the Finals by coach Spo. I haven't looked at the Thunder the same sense.

We all saw how bad they were on offense with out KD and/or Westbrook. Can't believe he's still with the Thunder.

the only people who regard Brooks are the ones in the media. He is a terrible coach.
  • Like 1

The Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder are involved in discussions about a three-way trade that would send Brooklyn playground legend Lance Stephenson to his hometown team, according to league sources.

Stephenson, who has been a poor fit since signing in Charlotte this past summer, would join the Nets, while Brooklyn center Brook Lopez would be moved to Oklahoma City, sources said. Charlotte would receive Jarrett Jack from Brooklyn and Jeremy Lamb from Oklahoma City.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12176540/brooklyn-nets-charlotte-hornets-oklahoma-city-thunder-talking-lance-stephenson-trade

Not sure I believe that as reported. None of these teams have any cap space. Salary doesn't even come close to working for OKC. Lopez is at 15.7 this season. Lamb is at 2.2. OKC would have to ship off Perkins and a bunch more trade ballast contracts to work in Lopez's salary. What exactly would OKC be giving up that's of any real value in this trade? You'd think they'd actually have to surrender something to get a big like Lopez.

Also, for Charlotte if they're shipping out Stevenson, they'd need to take back another contract in addition to Jack, but there's not enough room for Charlotte to take back a ton of extra salary from OKC.

I don't see this deal happening. Too many moving parts. Doesn't seem like there is enough incentive for Brooklyn to pull the trigger either.