Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

They are trying to stockpile picks in hopes that they come up with a star or two. Then build around those stars. That's the impression I get anyway.

Thanks. I guess a seeing the they maybe wanted to trade MCW didn't make sense to me since he's about the only thing they have.

Philly is trying to stockpile talent and hope something clicks.

Their downfall will be a lack of good perimeter players. MCW is awful. Embiid should pan out but I doubt he sees success in Philly.

They are in a bad position.

Yes, he is horrible, but they don't have much else.

Philly's mistake is being too young. You can't develop everyone all at once.

I don't agree that MCW is horrible. I don't think he's a star but he doesn't look horrible either. He's hurt by being surrounded by nothing on a team that expects to lose.

Edited by Destino

Have you seen his efficiency numbers this year? Pretty sure he's about to go down as having one of the most horribly inefficient seasons for a perimeter player ever.

Snippet taken from RealGM

But 37 % from the field and 22 % from downtown while putting up 16 shots per game and 3 attempts from downtown is unprecedented.

A whooping 43 % TS and 86 ORTG to go along with it.

That's awful and I don't care how bad his team is. He's part of the problem.

He doesn't finish well around the rim either.

You can't be this bad on one side of the ball and be a starter in the NBA for a good team.

He may turn it around, maybe not even in Philly. But he'll stick around because of his size. Maybe that gives him enough time to improve. 

Philly has been hoping the ping balls will fall their way in the last 2 drafts where they will be able to draft a clear stud.

That hasn't really happened.

Lacking that, they've stock piled young talent in hopes that they can get lucky and find a clear stud or trade some of them when the opportunity presents in order to acquire a stud or more veteran pieces to surround the stud when/if they find one.

It isn't an unreasonable approach.

Edited by PeterMP

Yeah he can't shoot but he has great length and can get the basket

If he can develop a 3 point shot, he will be in the league for 10+ years.

His jumper is broken, a three ball seems far away.

One of the problems limiting his upside is that he's already kind of old for a sophomore player at 23 years old.

I think he can be a role player for a solid team though. He'll earn his keep on defense, where he has the potential to really make an impact. He's also a good enough passer and ball handler to be a fifth option at the very least. As big as he is, what he could really use is a post game. He needs to study Andre Miller.

He doesn't finish well around the rim either.

You can't be this bad on one side of the ball and be a starter in the NBA for a good team.

He may turn it around, maybe not even in Philly. But he'll stick around because of his size. Maybe that gives him enough time to improve.

He's a second year role player asked to be a primary scoring option for a horrible team. That's why you have numbers like that. On a good team he wouldn't be shooting nearly as much and likely wouldn't be a starter at this point in his career.

Philly's mistake is being too young. You can't develop everyone all at once.

I don't agree that MCW is horrible. I don't think he's a star but he doesn't look horrible either. He's hurt by being surrounded by nothing on a team that expects to lose.

idk man, he is a pretty selfish player. Cant shoot either.

Just dont think he that good. He could be a great defensive player though.

Austin Rivers might single-handedly lose this game against the Cavs.

MAKE DADDY PROUD.

NBA Tweet of the night:

Austin Rivers and Spencer Hawes take their seats on the sideline, which immediately floods with wet garbage. Hawes blames the estate tax.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

What happened to Blake Griffins post game? He doesn't set up in the post often anymore.

Edit: right after I posted that he started setting up on the block,or trying to. Lebron is strong as a bull, Griffin can't back him down at all. I don't think I've ever seen someone just stonewall Griffin like that. Griffin still scored though.

Also Tristan Thompson is invisible. That dude turned down 13 million a year? Incredible.

Edited by Destino

http://deadspin.com/wjla-in-washington-d-c-is-reporting-cbs-turner-nba-an-1680096868

Report: CBS Announcer Greg Anthony Arrested In Prostitution Sting

rq5r1qf3g39lkwsgsvps.jpg

WJLA in Washington, D.C. is reporting CBS/Turner NBA analyst Greg Anthony was arrested tonight in a prostitution sting.

hahaha

Tristan, for being an idiot is probably one of the most high effort players in the game in comparison to what he bring to the table physically.

I've never been a fan of paying low skill players big money.  Deandre Jordan is a super athlete, a rim protector, and a rebounding machine.  He also creates much of the "lob city" stuff by moving very well without the ball.  Tristan scores on put backs and when the defense gambles by leaving the 5th option unguarded because even his own team mates fail to hit him with passes when he's all by himself. 

What happened to Blake Griffins post game? He doesn't set up in the post often anymore.

Edit: right after I posted that he started setting up on the block,or trying to. Lebron is strong as a bull, Griffin can't back him down at all. I don't think I've ever seen someone just stonewall Griffin like that. Griffin still scored though.

I liked watching Griffin try and post up Nene. You can see the moment of panic on his face when he realizes he's getting completely man handled but still has to do something with the ball.

For as coordinated and gifted as Blake Griffin is when he's facing the basket, the dude is an incredibly awkward and unnatural below the rim finisher around the basket, particularly out of post ups. He just has no kind of soft touch. It's the biggest thing holding him back as a low post scorer IMO. Which is the biggest thing holding him back as a scorer overall IMO. If he had the touch of an Aldridge or a Love, he could probably average 25+ a season.