Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/51521/nba-insider-chad-ford

I've heard a lot of rumblings from GMs that Carter-Williams is available. There are some in ownership and in the front office, though not all, that don't see him as a long-term piece of the puzzle. There was a lot of chatter that direction before the draft and in the past few weeks I know several teams have had exploratory discussions with the Sixers. I think the challenge right now is that the Sixers will want a lot in return and MCW's play, to date this season, hasn't warranted multiple first round picks for him. That makes him tough to deal

Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Why play defense right? lol

In 3 on 3, emphasizing defense over offense is not going to work that well.   And all three of those players are plus defenders this year.  

Meanwhile, on the offensive side, you are going to score 90 percent of the time down the court, and half the time its going to be a three.  Leave Korver or Curry open at the 3 line and you get destroyed.   Stay at the three line and you have some poor sap defending Lebron one on one.  Lebron passes like a point guard, so you can't count on a late double either.

I'm telling you - it would be like playing the old NBA Jam On Fire video game.

You'd want a slasher for 3 on 3. The court would be totally open so it'd just be one on one drives and drive and kicks. You'd want Davis as the player with the ability to cover a lot of space and you'd want Durant because he's the best player in the world. Then it's a matter of what PG you want to run those drive and kicks. I'd go Westbrook or Wall, preference for Wall because he's a lot smarter and he can defend the ball better than any other PG in the game.

You'd want a slasher for 3 on 3. The court would be totally open so it'd just be one on one drives and drive and kicks. You'd want Davis as the player with the ability to cover a lot of space and you'd want Durant because he's the best player in the world. Then it's a matter of what PG you want to run those drive and kicks. I'd go Westbrook or Wall, preference for Wall because he's a lot smarter and he can defend the ball better than any other PG in the game.

Lebron can power drive and kick better than anyone in the world, and is completely unstoppable one on one.   With him, I want the two best shooters in the game to take the shots when he kicks.   That's Curry and Korver.  

Davis wouldn't be that useful in 3 on three.   5 years from now, he might be the best player for it, but now, he's not.  He's a great shot blocker, but he's actually not a particularly good rim defender yet, and his arms would have to be 18 feet long to reach the three point line where most of the shots would be coming from.   And if he cheats off his man to go for a block - its an automatic three or a Lebron dunk.

http://bballbreakdown.com/2014/12/16/anthony-davis-defense-needs-catch-offense/

If you want to substitute Durant for Korver, I'm ok with that, but a guy who hits .525 on three pointers is absolutely deadly in 3 on 3.  

Curry over Wall is a no-brainer.   The difference in shooting ability is just too great.    

• Like 1

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/51521/nba-insider-chad-ford

I've heard a lot of rumblings from GMs that Carter-Williams is available. There are some in ownership and in the front office, though not all, that don't see him as a long-term piece of the puzzle. There was a lot of chatter that direction before the draft and in the past few weeks I know several teams have had exploratory discussions with the Sixers. I think the challenge right now is that the Sixers will want a lot in return and MCW's play, to date this season, hasn't warranted multiple first round picks for him. That makes him tough to deal

So what exactly is Philly's plan? They've been tanking for five years. They acquired some young talent. Where are they going with this? I have no clue what they are trying to do. Edited by pjfootballer

Russell Westbrook has a 40.4 usage rating right now. How is that even possible? That essentially means that there is always a teammate on the floor with Westbrook that literally never does anything with the ball.

Combine that with the fact that Durant has a very healthy usage rate of 32.8 and that means the two of them are using an astounding 73.2% of their team's possessions. 3/4ths of them!

I don't care how good they are, that makes the OKC offense just about unwatchable. No wonder they've been scuffling since the end of that 7 game win streak.

That's more hammish and unrealistic than the awful theatrical stunt acting from the original Star Trek.

but does it match the coordinated artistry of the legendary triple flop?

https://vine.co/v/OO0tqxJvtiI

Russell Westbrook has a 40.4 usage rating right now. How is that even possible? That essentially means that there is always a teammate on the floor with Westbrook that literally never does anything with the ball.

Combine that with the fact that Durant has a very healthy usage rate of 32.8 and that means the two of them are using an astounding 73.2% of their team's possessions. 3/4ths of them!

I don't care how good they are, that makes the OKC offense just about unwatchable. No wonder they've been scuffling since the end of that 7 game win streak.

ISO heroball sucks.   The only reason that OKC wins a single game is because Durant and Westbrook are transcendent talents and they have Ibaka to clean up the mess.

Scott Brooks may be the worst coach in the NBA..