Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Yep. Those Jazz teams were good too. And this Thunder team constitutes the only quality opponent GS has faced in the postseason over the last two years.

Those Magic teams were the Thunder. Except they had a terrific player at all five positions. Penny was a little better than Westbrook and Shaq was better than Durant. They could have been the next Magic and Kareem if Shaq had stayed and Penny hadn't wrecked his knees. They also beat Chicago in the postseason the year before, they were legit.

the Jazz teams who could not get out of the West until everyone got old out West? Nah, that team is not better than this Thunder team.

Not with Byron Russell and Greg Ostertag in the first 5, lol.

the Magic did not have terrific players at all 5 positions in 1995-96 either. Good team, not great and the Magic played in a terrible division.

Edited by BenningRoadSkin
  • Like 2

I just feel like the 72-10 bulls would've waxed this warriors team.

Nope. The Bulls may have won...but the Warriors would have taken it to 7 games. That is not to say that this Warriors team would not have won. 

Not one player on the Bulls could have stopped the Warriors from making those crazy shots. 

Speed and accuracy would fit one side of the coin, experience and resilience would have fit the other. 

Both teams are incredible, both teams took some lumps along the road, both teams had winners mentality. 

I don't see a waxing either way. 

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 1

Yes they did. Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott were excellent wings and Horace Grant was a very good PF. That team was loaded.

Nick Anderson was a headcase after the 1995 Finals. He was no long excellent or terrific.

Horace Grant was missed 20 games that year and had a down year. He was a good power forward, but not where he was a year prior.

And they played in a terrible division.

• Like 1

Cavs will take one, maybe two games.

For Space Jam sake, Bron better reassert himself atop the NBA hierarchy and win title #3, or that movie is gonna look reeeeeeal awkward.

**** lebron, and the cavs.  Lebron James is probably the corniest dude I've ever seen play basketball.  And this is 100% hate.  

he couldn't do it in Cleveland, so he used collusion with Wade & Bosh to build his own all-star team in Miami.  won a few there.  Now all of a sudden, he has a "change of heart," and wants to "come home" to Cleveland.  Knowing GOD DAMN WELL he wants to stay in the east, because James wants NO PARTS of the western conference in the playoffs.

once the Cavs drafted Irving, he "went home, LOL. And then they acquired Love.  Oh, look.  Another custom built all-star team built by Lebron.  

Meanwhile, The Warriors "big 3" (steph, klay, green) were all DRAFTED by GS.  

Funny thing is, if Lebron were an actual hard-nosed, "straight up" bball player, I'd probably respect him (not that my opinion matters lol).  but he's not.  He cries and whines for a foul call more than anybody, and he is one of the biggest floppers in this era.  

How anybody........ANYBODY can like Lebron is beyond me.  

lebron-james-flop-2011.gif

but people respect him??????

• Like 4

I respect Lebron because he is the best basketball player of our time.   Better than Duncan.  Miles better than Kobe. 

It's true that I don't LIKE him, but if you don't respect him and what he has accomplished, you don't understand basketball IMHO

Edited by Predicto
  • Like 3

I respect his game, when he plays the right way. But the amount of ***** in that dude takes all that respect away in an instant.

lebron-flop-3.gif

But then he gets a dunk on a fast break and proceeds to flex and mean mug the crowd? **** outta here. Fake ass tough guy.

I guess its a respect the player, dont respect the man type thing. By my math my respect for him is void.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

I respect LeBron because he achieved his potential. The flopping and WWE antics are frustrating and annoying. But those are petty in the big picture. He is one of the true greats of league history.

I could understand hating on him before 2012, even thought he had already been the best player in the league for four or five years by that point. But you can't hate on him since 2012. He's proven himself and he has achieved a sort of emeritus status that most of the greatest players in NBA history get, where he is basically beyond reproach. Well except when clueless numbers obsessed revisionists start doing disgraceful things like dumping on Bill Russell and Isiah Thomas decades later.

• Like 3

These Lebron gifs are great, but what's more frustrating is that he gets the calls.  And then complains when he doesn't.  I've played with guys like this at the rec center.  Every time they miss a shot they scream foul.  It's like dude, grow a pair.  But the whole NBA is getting like this.  Every time a guard is dribbling hit head flies back like he's checking the scoreboard.  I've never seen anyone play like this other than the NBA.

The other good thing about LeBron is that he has been very positive for the health of the NBA. He was a sort of rising tide that lifted all boats type talent that the league had been looking for since Jordan's retirement. The league is really prosperous right now. LeBron was a key figure in the turnaround. It wasn't just because of how good a player he was either. He also had the right personality to take on the mantle of being the ambassador/spokesperson for his generation of NBA players.

EDIT: LeBron wasn't the only one, but I think it's clear he was the key figure in the revitalization of public interest in the NBA. The league had fallen back to being a niche sport in the late 90's and early 2000's. Now it's returned to mainstream cultural relevance.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Just to be clear, I respect Bron's talent and greatness.  And it's one thing to openly acknowledge you can't do it all on your own, and he did have a tough time in Cleveland.  

But the open collusion in Miami to build his own all-star team (Bosh owned it and told the story.  He, Bron, and Wade all met two years before they were free agents and agreed to take less money in order to join the same team) was ****ing disgusting.  

And then after Lerbon found out that Irving landed in Cleveland, he decided to "return home," and then picked up Love.   :rolleyes:

1 v 1, I'm not sure anybody in the league could beat James.  He's that good.  But the way he's gone about getting rings, doing his best to play GM and influence other players' free agency decisions and trade moves..........I just can't support it.  And I have a hard time understanding how anybody does.  

I guess that's why I'm not a huge NBA fan.  Players run the league.

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2