Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

2 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

They are protected. 

Not much protection on them though I do like what GS did. Got significantly younger and picking up another ball handler to reduce wear and tear of Steph. 

11 minutes ago, bearrock said:

GSW is gonna need to front court help.  KD and Iggy leaving big holes to fill

No one will fill KD's shoes though Russell helps with some of that. They also have some solid SF options and a bunch of young role players. They still need a scorer off the bench. 

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

GSW is gonna need to front court help.  KD and Iggy leaving big holes to fill

If they bring back Cousins, they move Klay to the 3 and have Draymond.

That's a contender.

Also, New Orleans making the playoffs next season.

And Utah is a Finals contender.

This has been the craziest NBA day ever.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If they bring back Cousins, they move Klay to the 3 and have Draymond.

That's a contender.

You think Cousins can last a whole season plus playoffs?  I agree it's a contender.  And I like Boogie a lot, just wondering if he can hold up.  

The question for golden state is can they play Steph D-Lo, and Klay at the same time.  Play them at the same time and win in the playoffs, I mean.  If they can it’s a nice pick up for them, because it gives them a desperately needed second shot creator.  

Now they just need Kawhi NOT to sign with LA and they might get another title before it’s all said and done.  Maybe.  

Yeah and worse case is they have a 22/23yr old all star as an asset they could always flip for front court help if it doesn’t work out this year 

Did they resign Loony? He is their future big if so and they would be in pretty decent shape. 

Losing KD hurts and they are clearly worse without him but getting another shot creator that’s crazy young, athletic and also dropped 240+ 3s last year with a couple rotation bench guys is a damn solid move when just a few hours ago we thought they lost KD for nothing 

we’ve seen how unselfish curry and Klay are. They’ll make sure he fits and Kerr can figure it out too. Curious to see what else they do with their roster given they’ve lost Iggy and will lose Livingston too

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I didn't think Durant would leave Golden State, but I'm so glad I was wrong.  That team was a nightmare for the competitive balance of the NBA.

But Kawhi could easily ruin it all over again by signing with the Lakers.

The NBA is never going to be able to get past super teams running the league until they hard cap payrolls and abolish max contracts.  And even then it wouldn't be certain.  But it'd be far more difficult to build one than it is now.

Do you guys remember Kevin Love?  That's an All Star caliber big waiting in the trash can for someone to dig out.  Wonder where he's going to end up?

• Like 2

Philly needlessly squandered assets, but I actually don't hate where they've landed.  Getting Horford and Thybulle and Josh Richardson is a pretty nice way to recover from losing Redick and Butler.

This team is deeper than they were last year, while sacrificing little in top end talent.  Their defensive foundation is awesome and they have the right kind of scoring throughout rotation.

They also won by weakening Boston, and having Milwaukee lose Brogdon without finding an immediate replacement.  If Toronto loses Kawhi, then Philly becomes the clear favorite in the conference.

I think they could win 60 games next year.  I think there is a really good chance that Embiid wins MVP and Simmons wins MIP.  And I think we could get a Utah vs Philly Final.

• Like 1

Something about Philly makes me skeptical they'll win anything soon, regardless of the talent on paper.  They find a way to be underwhelming.  Might just be Embiid and Simmons are still so young.  I dont know when that light bulb is gonna go off and they put it all together to be champions.  But I haven't seen it yet.  Horford will be big for them. 

But Philly vs Brooklyn in the East would look very interesting in a couple years, if not for KD's achilles.  I'm on record with my feelings on expecting too much with him.

This might be the most entertaining year in recent memory.  I never bought the "Warriors ruined the league" narrative, but it does seem more wide open.  They got to 5 Finals, but only won 3, and were perilously close to only winning one.  It was closer than people wanna give it credit for.  Teams 3 through, say, 6 or 7 in the league are a more compelling watch.  With PHI, Toronto, Utah, LA, Den, Milwaukee, whatever Brooklyn's gonna be, Portland, Hou, OKC.  Should be an entertaining season. 

And Kawhi hasnt even made a decision yet. But my guess is he stays in Toronto.  Cant see him going to the LA, for either team. 

Edited by justice98

9 hours ago, Hersh said:

GS is giving up three first round picks? Granted they aren't for 50 years or so, but it seems like a lot.  

Did I miss something? I thought it was 1 pick protected for 1-4 in 2024. Protected for 1 in 2025 if the 2024 pick wasn't conveyed and totally unprotected for 2026 if not filled in 2024 or 2025?

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Did I miss something? I thought it was 1 pick protected for 1-4 in 2024. Protected for 1 in 2025 if the 2024 pick wasn't conveyed and totally unprotected for 2026 if not filled in 2024 or 2025?

No, it was written poorly last night that made it seem like multiple firsts

Edited by Hersh
  • Thanks 1