Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Can anyone else see Kawhi just playing the rest of his career as a hired gun, picking where he wants to go every couple of years to win a title?  Lakers for a couple years, gets a ring there, then sees an opportunity in Milwaukee with Giannis and goes there and gets a ring.  Plays for like 6 teams, gets rings with all of them.

This is what I wanted Lebron to do after he got a title in Cleveland. I don’t think it’ll work with Kawhi, it has to be somebody so transcendent and generational that the risk of long term money wouldn’t be an issue in the event of an injury which makes the repeated one year deals possible. Clearly that’s lebron. He is already set for life and would always have money outside of basketball no matter what. 

I really wanted him to just sign one year deals with whatever franchise was the “closest” to winning a title and get them over the hump. Houston one year, philly the next, then Milwaukee, Toronto etc

His legacy was already set, then he could have a whole second chapter of his career just helping teams win titles, many their first or their first in decades. It would be the most unique stamp anyone has ever put on their career. 

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is what I wanted Lebron to do after he got a title in Cleveland. I don’t think it’ll work with Kawhi, it has to be somebody so transcendent and generational that the risk of long term money wouldn’t be an issue in the event of an injury which makes the repeated one year deals possible. Clearly that’s lebron. He is already set for life and would always have money outside of basketball no matter what. 

I really wanted him to just sign one year deals with whatever franchise was the “closest” to winning a title and get them over the hump. Houston one year, philly the next, then Milwaukee, Toronto etc

His legacy was already set, then he could have a whole second chapter of his career just helping teams win titles, many their first or their first in decades. It would be the most unique stamp anyone has ever put on their career. 

I can see the reality show now.  "Lift the Curse", fans make their case for their franchise being the most cursed, LeBron and his sidekicks come to save the day

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What about trading Chris Paul to the Lakers for stuff like expirings and short contracts?

If they can’t lure a star free agent, I think that’s exactly what will happen.  With Lebron their window is essentially three years or less anyway.  Even a declining CP3 is good enough to be the third option behind Lebron and AD.  Plus, I feel like Lebron has been searching for a point guard to take over much of his work load for years now.  They tried with Kyrie, but passing isn’t his thing.  Lebron took over point again after a few months.  Ball wasn’t very good in LA, lost his starting spot, and now he’s out.  CP3 fills a need for them, and that trio is plenty good enough to contend if they can find some shooting wings.  Assuming they can stay healthy, of course.  

Judging from the latest reports, Houston has to get rid of him.  Harden seems to have gone full Kobe.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Well if not now, most certainly never

Why despite the fact it wont work they shouldnt blow up and expect to get back to the same place.  Ride that mofo till the wheels fall off, hope you catch a break, then do a rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Why despite the fact it wont work they shouldnt blow up and expect to get back to the same place.  Ride that mofo till the wheels fall off, hope you catch a break, then do a rebuild.

Chris pauls wheels have flown off and decapitated several fans in the stands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Chris pauls wheels have flown off and decapitated several fans in the stands.

Meh, that's one wheel, I had one come off and put it back on once.  They still have Harden and Capella, 15/8 from Paul isnt end of the world, but I can see trying to flip him.  But nuke it?  Like trade Harden. Nuke it?  Nah....

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Rockets will win 60+ games next year.

Is this one of those weird things like The Secret, where you’re just trying to will something into existence by repeatedly putting it out into the universe?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Why in the world would a team want to help out other teams by taking expiring contracts for 2nd round picks?  Specifically, help the Lakers out this off-season.  They want to dump the salaries of three of the five remaining players they have (keeping only LeBron and Kuzma) so they have room to sign another stud and fill the roster with cheaper talent.  

Why help them build a super team?  Why would I want their scraps so they can build a core of LeBron, AD and (insert all-star player name here) along with a decent player in Kuzma and contend for a title?  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

52 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Al Horford leaving Boston, that house of cards is about to fall apart.

This is why you don't crown dynasties early. Everyone thought the Celtics would be rolling in rings with all that young talent + Irving and Hayward. Things can change in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Not everyone.  But losing Horford and Kyrie is natural.  They don't fit into the career timeline of Tatum and Brown.  Tension and friction were inevitable.  The next step for Boston will be sorting out their wing rotations.  Brown should be playing more, and have more prominence.I

and another big thing is Ainge needs to do a better job with his draft picks.  He hit it out of the park with Tatum, and Brown looks like a nice pick from a weak year, but many of the other picks are underwhelming.  The division is brutal, and it'll be hard to keep up if you do things like pick guerschon yabusele while your rivals get Caris LeVert and Pascal Siakam behind you.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why in the world would a team want to help out other teams by taking expiring contracts for 2nd round picks?  Specifically, help the Lakers out this off-season.  They want to dump the salaries of three of the five remaining players they have (keeping only LeBron and Kuzma) so they have room to sign another stud and fill the roster with cheaper talent.  

Why help them build a super team?  Why would I want their scraps so they can build a core of LeBron, AD and (insert all-star player name here) along with a decent player in Kuzma and contend for a title?  

Because it is about what is doing best for your team.  And if you aren't a very good team, then that they've currently built a super team doesn't matter to you, but acquiring some 2nd round picks and expiring contracts does matter to you.