Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Milwaukee is inexperienced.  Toronto is experienced, but a little less talented.  It'll be interesting to see who wins this thing.

Milwaukee has no chance of beating Golden State.  They're just going to get overwhelmed by Golden State's championship experience and composure.  Toronto has a puncher's chance if Durant doesn't play.

If Durant plays, they'll beat either of them and it will probably be a short series.

Bucks and Raptors are evenly matched, but Toronto has the personnel to slow Giannis.  Can they continue to do that and have their role players show up on the road?  That’s the series.

I think the bucks have the best chance against the Warriors because they lack bigs to stop Giannis.  I’m saying best chance, not good chance.  Warriors will win.

Toronto needs Siakam to be good and I think Draymond can stop him.  If he can they can do that, they will outscore Kawhi and Lowry relatively easily.  They’ll sweep the raptors.

Old article a Warriors fan sent me... 

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/12/6/7344165/mark-jackson-warriors-reasons-joe-lacob

Jackson's staff, consisting of Lindsay Hunter, Brian Scalabrine, Pete Myers, Jerry DeGregorio and Darren Erman, clearly failed to meet the standards of management. Making matters worse, he publicly clashed with two of them. First, Scalabrine was reassigned to the Warriors D-League affiliate after what Jackson called "a difference in philosophy" and then Erman was fired for secretly recording coaches' meetings, allegedly to share them with front office personnel. There was clearly a dysfunctional environment among Jackson's inner circle.

If any of this is remotely true... The Warriors were about to implode. Now they're about to play in their fifth consecutive Finals.

Best coaching move ever! 

Not a basketball fan, but I am enjoying the excitement the Bucks have brought here to Milwaukee this year, especially right now. However, the only thing being discussed here is Drake and his on court antics. I have no idea what that means, I don't watch, but Drake is definitely in someones head and he has been the topic of discussion in the new for the past 24 hours.

7 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Not a basketball fan, but I am enjoying the excitement the Bucks have brought here to Milwaukee this year, especially right now. However, the only thing being discussed here is Drake and his on court antics. I have no idea what that means, I don't watch, but Drake is definitely in someones head and he has been the topic of discussion in the new for the past 24 hours.

Drake is a douche.  

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Drake shouldn't be allowed to walk onto the court or make physical contact with players/coaches.

No one should, I thought that was the rule after malice in the palace?

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb and take the Raptors.  Think they figured them out, have more shooters, and their only problem is playing uptempo all four quarters against them.  Not sure what adjustment bucks make outside hitting their shots when Gainnis gets blocked from getting in the paint, and that's not scheme, that's talent.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I believe he is actually part of the raptors organization. The NBA is fun. Let drake be drake. We don’t want to be like the nfl  

I dont think it's about not being fun, more who are we making exceptions for and what's the point of the rule if you do.  I like Drake, but I do security for a living

Edited by Renegade7

So, I'm not basketball fan. During the season, I don't watch the NBA, but I follow it for the news. I love watching playoff basketball but I'll be the first to tell you that I don't "know" what I'm watching from a technical stand point. That said, some things jump out at me:

The warriors "normal" is 25 points per quarter, for 3 quarters, with 1 special quarter where they go off for 30+. It doesn't matter who the opponent is. It doesn't matter who's in, who's out, who's hurt, how good a defense they play. The warriors, without doing anything *special* or superhuman, can expect to score between 100 and 110 a night. 

Most opponents can reasonably expect to score 20-25 points in a quarter against them, and sometimes guys go off and do something crazy, but no one can average that against them for an entire game. The warriors score between 100 and 110 without needing anyone to "go off". They just score that. Other teams need someone to play outside themselves just to get into that conversation. 

Night in and night out they can go into halftime down 60-48 and know that the other team how no hope of getting another 60, but they ave an honest 50-5- shot of getting to 120 themselves. 

I'll also say, it's downright crazy to say that Durant doesn't make them better, or that they are better without him. But I DO think it's fair to say that Durant does not elevate them by his own value. Realistically, there are only so many points that can be scored in a game. The warriors can score 120 without Durant. They can score 120 with Durant. Adding him makes them a better and more complete team, but he isn't meaningfully increasing their win total nor their point total.

Durant on that team kind of feels like a game of Madden  where you stack a team with Tom Brady, OBJ and AJ Green, then trade for Julio Jones. But realistically, you're only going to throw for X number of yards anyway so adding that extra receiver doesn't really make a difference.