Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Lakers goofed...could have outright signed him next season.  However, the damage was done last year with Lebron pretty much orchestrating a lot of trade rumors/scenarios regarding many of his young teammates.  There are a few really plugged in guys who are saying that Ingram absolutely HATED the Lakers.  Watch him ball out next year.  Pels are going to have a very fun team to watch. 

Oh, and going back to LA...who exactly are they going to fill the rest of their roster out with?  They seem to think that ONLY a big-3 is needed.  Newsflash, Toronto's depth was a huge reason why they won.  Lakers aren't doing squat filling their bench out with trash. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

You’re the worst ix

Well, I know nothing about NBA basketball, but I do know that SAS is never wrong when he makes a prediction with confidence.  

• Haha 3

Lebron is getting a chance to finish with more rings than Curry, and that window is closing fast because he's 34.  Next season is going to be his best chance.  Warriors will be weak, Houston is old, and the rest of the West isn't very good (a situation that could change).  Nuggets or Blazers aren't scary. 

A lot rides on where Kawhi goes.  If he signs with the Lakers, it's over.     

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Lebron is getting a chance to finish with more rings than Curry, and that window is closing fast because he's 34.  Next season is going to be his best chance.  Warriors will be weak, Houston is old, and the rest of the West isn't very good (a situation that could change).  Nuggets or Blazers aren't scary. 

He'll be 35 two months into the new season.  17 years in the league.  That's a lot of wear/tear.  Obviously this is win-now for him, so he couldn't care less about the future of the Lakers, but I don't see this really working out for their team.  They'll have a legit big-3 plus Kuz, but the rest of the team is going to be a bunch of journeymen.  Get your popcorn ready...

It'll be a while before Lakers have that kind of ammo for another trade.  Can see them turning into a mercenary team with a bunch of ring chasers because they won't be able to draft their depth.

I'm sure some analyst for the mothership is going bring up Kobe coming back to start some ****, there's no way I can see Kobe and LeBron's egos co-existing together.

Edited by Renegade7

Pelicans got a good deal for an unhappy superstar that basically named two teams he wanted and limited their trade options. Lakers also had to make a move. It works for both teams. Lebron doesn’t have to carry the load with AD and a potential 3rd star coming so it extends his life a bit. He can take his foot off the gas a bit during the season. 

New Orleans is going to be a lot of fun. I can’t wait to see Zion develop with this group. 

And it really doesn’t get said enough but **** lavar ball. 

C31B3CF4-B7EF-488A-961A-4E116EB478AC.thumb.png.f5d2e89628ceb735be6fade818e73c06.png

Also, respect for Lonzo for rocking that facial hair. That’s exactly how my “beard” looks. Can’t grow anything around the mouth so end up with these weird looking chops. Which is why I don’t have a beard. I guess growing up with lavar for a dad you learn to have no shame at an early age 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:21 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Truth.  I occasionally get a pack of em crossing through my yard.

DO NOT ENGAGE!!

Oakland was just another piece of drywall...

Hey!  Where’s @daveakl at?!?

Got in a fight with a security guard then stayed an extra night in Vegas. Just living the title life baby!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Got in a fight with a security guard then stayed an extra night in Vegas. Just living the title life baby!

Soooooo, any move to DC in your near future?  Blink once for yes, twice for I have to think some more before saying yes.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

will he even be cleared to play?

I don't believe it is as serious as Chris Bosh.

12 hours ago, RonArtest15 said:

Lakers goofed...could have outright signed him next season. 

I get that, but LeBron is aging and who knows how much time he has left as an elite player.

12 hours ago, Destino said:

that is 100% not going to happen.

Lakers do not have the cap room and I don't think Kawhi wants to play with LeBron.

Its either Clippers or Raptors.

I don't think Kawhi has any intention of staying in Toronto.  It'll probably be the Clippers.  But I think one of the New York teams could be a dark horse.

The Clippers have the best roster and coach.  They make the most sense for him.  He could lead them to a high seed and a Finals appearance next season if he stays healthy and keeps playing at a dominant level.

• Like 1

These are my thoughts on the Lakers trade:

- The FO is incompetent, and even though they gave up an unbelievably huge haul of draft capital for Davis, they've demonstrated an inabilty to build through the draft.  This is a structural issue with the franchise that they're papering over with superstar talent.  And it might work.  But bottom line, Davis is worth more to them than he is to other teams, and worth more to them than the draft picks.

- Dell Demps did David Griffin a massive favor by turning down the Lakers before the deadline.  This is a much better offer because of the inclusion of all of the future picks plus the 4th overall pick.  This situation is an argument for not being held hostage by the trade deadline when your guy has another year on his deal.

- Anthony Davis is the perfect second superstar to pair with an aging LeBron from a pure basketball standpoint.  He's an off ball volume scorer, elite defensive player, and elite post presence.  In the context of this kind of team build, Davis is an unbelievably great weapon.

- That said, Davis's individual impact is overrated.  One of the reasons why New Orleans never won as much as they should have despite having a top eight-ish player is because dominant off ball players don't make their teammates better to the point that they can hide widespread roster deficiencies.  They have got to have someone really good running point.

- The Lakers have one of the most impactful on-ball players in the history of the sport and they're going to be able to get the most out of Davis.  We're going to get to see him playing at his peak level of ability, and this should be interesting.  And we're finally going to get to see him win some stuff, including maybe an MVP.  Make no mistake, this pairing is a super team foundation.  All they need is for LeBron and Davis to be healthy.

- BUT, this is not going to be a long term thing like the Warriors were/still might be.  LeBron is definitely aging, and last season he showed his first major signs of decline.  He'll still be able to turn it on for the postseason I bet.  But his days of dragging sketchy teams to 50 wins are over.  He's got like two seasons of championship runs with Davis before we all start whining about how the Lakers need to get Davis more help.

- Getting to my final point--after LeBron winds down, if the Lakers don't find another dominant on-ball player, they will fall into the lottery.  Davis does not lead you to water on his own.  And thus when you combine the new lottery system which strengthened the value of mid and late lottery picks substantially, all of those early 2020's pick swaps and unprotected picks New Orleans extracted from the Lakers are going to be really tasty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

If the Lakers get Walker or Irving and the Clippers land Leonard...man the West will be entertaining next year.

Imagine if KD and Klay stay in GS then after next season they are healthy and you have those 3 juggernaut teams going at it 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Imagine if KD and Klay stay in GS then after next season they are healthy and you have those 3 juggernaut teams going at it 

Would the Clippers adding Kawhi make them a contender?  They’d need a second guy that can get his own shot.

• Like 2