Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Minicamp Thread

I've been saying Gomes will be the one to go for sure since last season and his lackadaisical style of playing Safety that drove me nuts, but it looks like he's been consistent thus far making plays during these minicamps. 

Let's see how he looks once the pads are on and if he shows any improvement in the physicality and aggression needed to play his position well. Maybe he just needed the motivation of seeing two Safeties drafted.       

Stallworth is a baller, eh?

If Mike wants him then that means Kyle wants him.  Kyle loves his WRs.

Hmm...  KC can you break down every catch from Stallworth as a Redskin in 2011 and a Pat in 2012 for us plese?

Hmm...  KC can you break down every catch from Stallworth as a Redskin in 2011 and a Pat in 2012 for us plese?

Eehhhhh, I dunno...

I'm in a hotel right now and the WiFi isn't the best. Plus I have to trackdown the 2011 games. And that probably means watching John Beck again...

...Please don't make me watch John Beck again.

I still haven't gotten used to the idea of there will be players that we cut that will play and possibly start on other teams. It's getting there, but I just love having quality starters and depth to the point that our "trash" is another team's "treasure".

I expect our defense to surprise people this year. I don't want to claim top ten, but I do think we'll be in the top half of the league. Our turnover and sack numbers are going to skyrocket this year.

Eehhhhh, I dunno...

I'm in a hotel right now and the WiFi isn't the best. Plus I have to trackdown the 2011 games. And that probably means watching John Beck again...

You are a source of a great product dude, we're all on your time and willing to wait if you decide that you have the time to do it.

Who made you do Beck?  Oldfan?

face masks  are getting a little to much. What i hate is the shaded visors. Part of football is reading the eyes teh shade3s take away from that. Let them just use clear

The "shaded" ones still allow Rak to read players eyes, but other players can't read his. 

So, LeRib has shown up out of shape to the OTA's. One year wonder?

"LeRibeus appears to be sidelined moreso because of conditioning reasons than injury at this point. LeRibeus admitted earlier this offseason he had gained quite a bit of weight. He suffered a hamstring injury."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/12/redskins-minicamp-observations-from-wednesdays-practice/

The secondary is interesting. Haslett notes they worked them in, but the fact that all three of them took first team reps should either really scare us or really encourage us as a fanbase. Not sure which one at this point.

I'm interested in reading reports on Will Montgomery and if his snaps have improved. He rainbows snaps like it's his official job to do so. More than once the ball lobbed back there and forced Griffin to make an athletic snag and make a play, or pick it off his shoe laces. Get the ball back there, Monty!

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/back-100-monty-ready-compete

Tasked with snapping the ball to quarterback Robert Griffin III, Montgomery knows the fans will be watching him this season. He said that he has worked on his snaps out of the shotgun formation during the offseason.

Eehhhhh, I dunno...

Why'd you post that video? It was painful, I couldn't watch more than 5 and a half minutes of it. Man he was terrible.

It was sitting on my YouTube account. I started watching and couldn't stop. So I had to make everyone else suffer.

I did the Beck video last year when I was going back through games and realized how abjectly ****ing terrible he was.

"HogsHaven: Rambo & Phillip Thomas thanking DHall for taking them under their wing & helping them learn D. DHall has a bad rap but he's a professional."

--http://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/345190905436835840

I like D. Hall as a football player and a dude.  But lets not act like he isn't interviewing for a job.  Losing $6-$7 mil off of your salary for the year is a humbling experience.  Hope he balls out this year.

Rich Tandler

@Rich_TandlerCSN

Bacarrri Rambo: "My nickname is Rambo"

That is the best quote of the day.

"HogsHaven: Rambo & Phillip Thomas thanking DHall for taking them under their wing & helping them learn D. DHall has a bad rap but he's a professional."

--http://twitter.com/HogsHaven/status/345190905436835840

Argh...can someone at least keep him the hell away from Amerson? lol

I'd also prefer a response from everyone's golden safety prospect that was something along the lines of "I don't have a nickname until I make the roster".....but to each their own.

And on the Beck video...I watched the whole thing for some reason. The checkdowns had me in a trance. On the bright side, Helu looked pretty good. That's all I got. Beck really lacked the ability to sense a pass rush.

Archived