Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: 2013 Bold Rookie Predicions (NFC East mentions)

Dallas Cowboys

The Cowboys need a ton of help on the defensive line. So they drafted a center. I think we can tell where this season is headed for the Cowboys. Oh, and no matter what, this is absolutely going to be Tony Romo sits to pee's fault.

New York Giants

At some point in the future, teams are going to wonder how Ryan Nassib was able to fall in the draft. It won't be this year and probably not next, but it will happen.

Philadelphia Eagles

Find the mistake in the following sentence: The easy-going Eagles fans get behind Matt Barkley and he joins a long line of successful former USC quarterbacks.

It's a trick question because this is more than one mistake!

I kid Eagles fans, getting Barkley in the fourth-round will end up looking good.

Washington Redskins

Freddy Morris [had] a monster rookie season. So it only makes sense #Shanahanigans looms on the horizon with Jawan Jamison. And it should come as no surprise. Jamison probably thought he was going to be drafted a bit higher when he declared for the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000165058/2013-bold-rookie-predicions#photo=1

Hard to say exactly but I'm confident that the secondary will be markedly better. I expect Thomas to start and make a world of difference as opposed to Williams. The infusion of youth and athleticism will pay instant dividends. We all saw the difference Meeiweather made in his one game.

Hard to say exactly but I'm confident that the secondary will be markedly better. I expect Thomas to start and make a world of difference as opposed to Williams. The infusion of youth and athleticism will pay instant dividends. We all saw the difference Meeiweather made in his one game.

I think Thomas would be at SS and Rambo would be the starter at FS. That seems to be the early projections I have seen and what fits their abilities the most a least

Who is Freddie Morris and if there is a RB to mention, why isn't it Chris Thompson?

Thompson has bad knees. Wouldn't surprise me to see that pick prove itself a throwaway a la Malcolm Kelly. He could be great, but we're taking a gamble for sure.

I think Thomas would be at SS and Rambo would be the starter at FS. That seems to be the early projections I have seen and what fits their abilities the most a least

I saw Shanny's post conference. He basically said they're interchangeable. And that the defensive schemes allow the Skinz to play w/ them.

I saw Shanny's post conference. He basically said they're interchangeable. And that the defensive schemes allow the Skinz to play w/ them.

Bingo. The Redskins don't really use a free safety and a strong safety in their current scheme. Doesn't mean they can't go to that set up, but part of the 3-4's intrigue is the disguise on who is coming on a blitz, coming into the box or dropping. It's always best to have two safeties that are interchangeable to keep opposing offenses off their scent.

Thompson has bad knees. Wouldn't surprise me to see that pick prove itself a throwaway a la Malcolm Kelly. He could be great, but we're taking a gamble for sure.

Just a slight correction, he broke his back and came back to have a productive year then tore 1 knee, ACL tear that is now recovered from and trainers say he will be ready for camp. I am a big fan and hope he can stay healthy, his moves and his catches would be a great change of pace for Morris.

Just a slight correction, he broke his back and came back to have a productive year then tore 1 knee, ACL tear that is now recovered from and trainers say he will be ready for camp. I am a big fan and hope he can stay healthy, his moves and his catches would be a great change of pace for Morris.

You know who else had a broken back and a bad knee?

w620-e1af65d71f8d558ca172943ff3734c33.jpg

I don't see why people are concerned.

I won't predict anything solid about the RBs, Shanahan always surprises us.

I guess I'll predict that Rambo wins the starting FS job in camp, while Thomas wins the #3 safety spot able to play both. I'll also predict Jordan Reed will not be getting the majority of looks, but that he'll still rack up 300-400 yards of receiving.

You know who else had a broken back and a bad knee?

I don't see why people are concerned.

I won't predict anything solid about the RBs, Shanahan always surprises us.

I guess I'll predict that Rambo wins the starting FS job in camp, while Thomas wins the #3 safety spot able to play both. I'll also predict Jordan Reed will not be getting the majority of looks, but that he'll still rack up 300-400 yards of receiving.

You know anyone that had a broken back and then played football well the next year before hurting his knee?

BTW I agree with all the other thing you listed. Just thought I would share some of the Thompson enthusiasm with you......

Adam Schefter ✔ @AdamSchefter

Redskins draft FSU RB Chris Thompson in round 5. Redskins RB coach Bobby Turner never picks a back this high without loving him.

2:59 PM - 27 Apr 2013

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/4/28/4279026/breaking-down-redskins-draft-pick-running-back-chris-thompson

The other part of Banks role last year was to be the outside pitch man on triple option plays. We saw it often against the Bengals in particular. Thompson is no stranger to being the pitch option, he ran it plenty of times at FSU with EJ Manuel. Here's one example.

Here the quarterback, Manuel, takes the snap and runs to the edge. He draws in the backside defender and pitches it out to Thompson. The fullback then blocks the incoming linebacker, giving Thompson an easy run to the end zone.

If there was something the Redskins offense lacked last year, it was explosiveness in this role. Banks tried and failed to provide that spark, can Chris Thompson step up to the plate?

Archived