Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC: Man Tries to Cut Off His Arms at California Home Depot

China

Man Tries to Cut Off His Arms at California Home Depot

It was a bloody scene at a Home Depot in West Covina, Calif., on Wednesday when a man entered the store and began sawing his arms off with a hand saw, scaring customers into a panic, according to local police.

The man, who is in his late 50s, is not being identified and is in critical condition. However both his arms were saved, a Queen of the Valley Hospital spokesperson said.

Capt. Art Hurtado, an off-duty paramedic from Pasadena, said in a press conference Thursday that he was going to the store for supplies for a project and had stumbled upon police outside the store. He ran in to help with the scene and saw the man lying face down and surrounded by a pool of blood.

“There was pandemonium when I walked into the store. A lot of chaos, people running in all directions,” Hurtado said. “As I walked in, he was face down and I thought it was a crime scene with a fatality, that is how it seemed. There was a pulse, a very faint pulse and he was barely breathing. I knew I had to slow the bleeding down, or this patient may or may not make it.”

Hurtado said he did not have the equipment he normally would have with him had he been working. So he immediately had to “engage in some cursory care” by asking for towels and rope, which he used to make a makeshift tourniquet to stop the bleeding.

Click on the link for the full article

Hate to be "that guy", but I am aware of an incident in which a person of previously sound mind became convinced that they could survive cutting both of their legs off whilst receiving treatment with a fairly innocuous antibiotic. No sooner than his wife went out somewhere, he proceeded to the nearest DIY store to purchase a saw and carried out said act. Turns out he wasn't capable of sawing his own legs off...

But y'all just carry on with the jokes and all.

I wonder if anyone else had a hand in this?

---------- Post added April-15th-2013 at 09:04 AM ----------

Hate to be "that guy", but I am aware of an incident in which a person of previously sound mind became convinced that they could survive cutting both of their legs off whilst receiving treatment with a fairly innocuous antibiotic. No sooner than his wife went out somewhere, he proceeded to the nearest DIY store to purchase a saw and carried out said act. Turns out he wasn't capable of sawing his own legs off...

I might need a link because I'm not sure this story has a leg to stand on.

Archived