Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: DeMarcus Ware says it’s put up or shut up time for Tony Romo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/05/demarcus-ware-says-its-put-up-or-shut-up-time-for-tony-Romo sits to pee/

Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware used the term “put up or shut up” to describe what quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee needs to do after Jerry Jones handed Romo sits to pee a contract scheduled to pay him an average of $17 million a year over the next seven years.

Ware said on Sirius XM NFL Radio on Thursday that he thinks every player is deserving of the money he gets paid, but a player with a contract like the one Romo sits to pee just got has a responsibility to play well to earn all that money.

“I feel like everybody is deserving to whatever is given to him, but at the end of the day, to me it’s put up or shut up,” Ware said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’m just being straight-up honest with you. Get out there and be productive, and that’s with any player. Whatever they get, they’re deserving of it. You just got to get out there and play and I know he can be and will be the quarterback that is going to be the quarterback that is going to take us to the next level.”

Thing is with this contract its really not put up or shut up. With the Cowboys cap situation Romo sits to pee is now untouchable for at least the next 2 seasons and probably 3.

Meanwhile he has been productive already - but where has that got them?

It's a team game. If they stop putting all the pressure on Romo sits to pee to single-highhandedly win games, maybe they'll take themselves to the next level.
Thing is with this contract its really not put up or shut up. With the Cowboys cap situation Romo sits to pee is now untouchable for at least the next 2 seasons and probably 3.

Meanwhile he has been productive already - but where has that got them?

You guys are missing the more important point. Who cares if what he says is accurate or not...the important thing is that he's saying it lol :ols:...If Romo sits to pee's teammates are publicly putting pressure on him--a guy known for buckling under pressure a few too many times--it can only be a good thing. :thumbsup:

Since Romo sits to pee has been choking with his current roster and the ability they have (Dez, Miles, and Witten are all great pass catchers to have), I have to wonder just how bad it will be in 2 or 3 years when, thanks to this contract, they can't re-sign anyone. Dez will be gone, Austin will probably be gone, Witten is getting older, and so is Ware. They're more than $30m OVER the cap just for next year.

It's a team game. If they stop putting all the pressure on Romo sits to pee to single-highhandedly win games, maybe they'll take themselves to the next level.
By next season, Romo sits to pee is going to account for nearly a fifth of the Cowboys' salary cap. He's being paid to do more than anyone else. If Romo sits to pee's not up to that, maybe he should have taken less so the rest of the team around him could get better.

By next season, Romo sits to pee is going to account for nearly a fifth of the Cowboys' salary cap. He's being paid to do more than anyone else. If Romo sits to pee's not up to that, maybe he should have taken less so the rest of the team around him could get better.

Should the Redskins be the worst team in the league for two years a row because of the the salary cap penalty? Doesn't matter how much you are paid when you step on the field; everyone is expected to execute. Do I think he's the 5th best player in the league? No way, but I'll never knock a player getting paid. Obviously Dallas thinks he's worth that much. Romo sits to pee's bank account can't blame the Dallas FO for being stupid.

Should the Redskins be the worst team in the league for two years a row because of the the salary cap penalty? Doesn't matter how much you are paid when you step on the field; everyone is expected to execute. Do I think he's the 5th best player in the league? No way, but I'll never knock a player getting paid. Obviously Dallas thinks he's worth that much. Romo sits to pee's bank account can't blame the Dallas FO for being stupid.
You're right, he can't blame the Dallas FO for being stupid. But like Ware implied, he can't complain, either, when people expect him to carry the team. That's what Romo sits to pee is being paid to do. And while every player is expected to contribute, some players are expected to contribute more. I'm sure you don't expect Jordan Bernstine or Richard Crawford to play as big a role as RG3 does in Skins' victories.

Who cares what Romo sits to pee is being paid or how many years he signed for? Jerry Jones gave him that amount of money because he is just plain dumb. Romo sits to pee is over 30 and has won one playoff game to show for all his play. He has also thrown 29 INT's over the past two years to go along with his other great stats. Romo sits to pee is a stat stuffer and puts up a lot of good numbers but individual stats don't win Super Bowls. The team play does. Too many times I have seen Tony Romo sits to pee get a pass on his performance because he plays for the Cowboys. He has started for the Cowboys for the last 6 and half years and has only one playoff win. Ex-Cowboy QB's have backed Romo sits to pee like Aikmann, saying "he is a better QB than I ever was." Are you serious? You win three Super Bowls and lead you team to numeous playoff wins and you say that Romo sits to pee is a better QB? I guess you can be a better QB but not a leader of men. I really am glad that Jerry Jones is the owner and GM of the Cowboys because it makes it easier for the other NFC East teams to win the division and get to the playoffs. Thanks Jerry for being a poor evaluator of talent.

Just like Tupac said " I ain't mad atcha". It's all a moot point once you get past the fact that Jurrah is the GM still making all the decisions. It's his roster, stadium, players, and above all failure. We all know first hand how bad things can get w/ the owner leaves his box and puts on the GM cap. Jurrah loves the lime light more than winning. Keep it up Jurrah, Skinz fans love you for it.

You guys are missing the more important point. Who cares if what he says is accurate or not...the important thing is that he's saying it lol :ols:...If Romo sits to pee's teammates are publicly putting pressure on him--a guy known for buckling under pressure a few too many times--it can only be a good thing. :thumbsup:

Well, "put up or shut up" is probably kinder than "now or never". Which given Romo sits to pee's age, contract, and the team's salary cap situation is probably also true. The window closeth.

So if the Cowboys did not sign him what were their options? It was a necessary signing. A good signing just a little to high in guaranteed money

Romo sits to pee does have good stats. The defense has been the ones to let the team down the past few years. The talent on defense has not played well together. We gave up less points than the cowboys last year

And he also said, This year, Cowboys defensive end (formerly linebacker) DeMarcus Ware says the Cowboys will be better. That’s what he told Erik Kuselis in an interview that ran on Friday’s edition of Pro Football Talk.

So does that mean they’ll be 9-7?

“We will not be .500,” Ware said. “We will not be .500 like the last two years we’ve been, I can tell you that.”

Bingo. This is the problem. You cannot surround Romo sits to pee with crap like that on the offensive line and expect him to succeed. 31st in the NFL in rushing yards?!? All of those sacks? Constant hits? Defense never stepping up after losing majority of it's players?

Even guys like Brady, Flacco, Ben get help from their defense and other players step up.

If it were not for Tony, Dallas was a 4-12 team last season. He put them in a position to make the playoffs. Granted, he choked in the last game, but had he not stepped up and beat Cincy and Pittsburgh their not in position to be where they are.

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 09:33 AM ----------

Since Romo sits to pee has been choking with his current roster and the ability they have (Dez, Miles, and Witten are all great pass catchers to have), I have to wonder just how bad it will be in 2 or 3 years when, thanks to this contract, they can't re-sign anyone. Dez will be gone, Austin will probably be gone, Witten is getting older, and so is Ware. They're more than $30m OVER the cap just for next year.

The cap is a joke. Just like we were 30 mill over ... we're not under by 6 million and thats before cutting Free and re-signing Spencer. There is always around it and re-sign your guys,

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 09:36 AM ----------

So if the Cowboys did not sign him what were their options? It was a necessary signing. A good signing just a little to high in guaranteed money

Romo sits to pee does have good stats. The defense has been the ones to let the team down the past few years. The talent on defense has not played well together. We gave up less points than the cowboys last year

Another great point. Tony would've got paid ... somewhere. Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota etc. Somebody would've paid Tony. It's essentially a 4 year, 55 million dollar deal. Which isn't bad. Most teams in the NFL pay their franchise QB's between 6-15 mill a year.

So if the Cowboys did not sign him what were their options? It was a necessary signing. A good signing just a little to high in guaranteed money.

They could have traded him and just started rebuilding, which is what I think they should have done immediately after the season ended. New coaches, new assistants, let Romo sits to pee pick the team to be traded to (give him that much), and just start over. Draft a QB while Orton runs things (hell, maybe you'll get lucky and win more than 8 games with him behind center)...look towards 2014 for more QB help if needed. Tell yourself that where the Cowboys will be in 2015 is the goal, not where they'll be this year. Use the extra pick(s) you gain from a Romo sits to pee trade to either trade up for a QB or to restock a team that allegedly would be "3-13 if not for Romo sits to pee".

Trust me, some other team's fans will be ecstatic to have Romo sits to pee behind center...and then those same fans will pull their hair out witnessing some of the dumbest INTs ever thrown by a franchise QB at some of the worst times.

Another great point. Tony would've got paid ... somewhere. Jacksonville, Arizona, Minnesota etc. Somebody would've paid Tony. It's essentially a 4 year, 55 million dollar deal. Which isn't bad. Most teams in the NFL pay their franchise QB's between 6-15 mill a year.

4-year, $63 million dollar deal...just about $16 mil a year.

Dissention already and we haven't even got to the draft yet. BTW, I agree with everything you guys have said up to this point regarding the fact that Romo sits to pee has been productive and that other areas of their team need to step up.

Or the first crushing, game losing INT.

which will happen. Not because Romo sits to pee stinks. But because it happens to every QB. But with Romo sits to pee, everything is just amplified.

There it is again.

It's never Tony Romo sits to pee's fault. It's always everyone else's.

In 40 years of watching football, I have NEVER seen a QB's interceptions get dissected by the media like Romo sits to pee's, all in an attempt to determine who "really" is to blame for the INTs. The blame-shifting on behalf of Romo sits to pee's mistakes are laughable lol :ols:...

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:46 AM ----------

Or the first crushing, game losing INT.

which will happen. Not because Romo sits to pee stinks. But because it happens to every QB. But with Romo sits to pee, it just happens with more regularity.

Fixed it.

In 40 years of watching football, I have NEVER seen a QB's interceptions get dissected by the media like Romo sits to pee's, all in an attempt to determine who "really" is to blame for the INTs. The blame-shifting on behalf of Romo sits to pee's mistake are laughable lol :ols:...

---------- Post added April-7th-2013 at 08:46 AM ----------

Fixed it.

To be fair to Tony, I've never seen a quarterback have to explain to his receivers what the **** they're supposed to do as much as I've seen Tony had to do it. Some picks are DEFINITELY him, but hoy ****, every week he has to scream at some receiver about what the hell they're supposed to do on a given play, and they blow hot throws all the time.

To be fair to Tony, I've never seen a quarterback have to explain to his receivers what the **** they're supposed to do as much as I've seen Tony had to do it. Some picks are DEFINITELY him, but hoy ****, every week he has to scream at some receiver about what the hell they're supposed to do on a given play, and they blow hot throws all the time.

"Some"?...MOST are definitely him :ols:...Every one of his three INTs against the Skins in the last game were Romo sits to pee's fault. Which reminds me, I've never seen a QB yell at his WRs after INTS as much as Romo sits to pee does. My only guess is that he's telling them "You need to make that cut sharper...go out 5 yds instead of 4.5 yds...and you're supposed to grow a foot and a half taller in mid-route! get it together, man!!"

As for always having to tell his WRs what to do/where to stand pre-snap, two things come to mind:

1) If he knows--and has known for years--that his WRs are apparently dumb as a sack of hammers, then it should effect how he throws to them. It hasn't.

2) Not really sure that pre-snap adjustments means post-snap screw ups. If I saw WRs, say, constantly turning outside when the ball is being thrown inside, I might buy it. But instead, I'm seeing INTs being blamed on things like WRs not making quiiiite sharp-enough cuts, apparently causing Romo sits to pee to throw the ball 5 feet over the guy's head lol.

Did Kitna's INTs get dissected this thoroughly by the media back when he went 5-5 with the Cowboys?

Archived