Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

2 hours ago, TK said:

City On A Hill on Showtime. First show was Sunday night. Check it out, you're welcome. :) 

Is that the kevin Bacon show, takes place in Boston? I saw the trailer, it looks good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I bring it up every now and then in this thread. It doesn't get much love here but I'll mention it one last time as we draw closer to season 2. This show blows my mind..

I'm here, brother :).  We finished Dark the week it came out.  And my body is ready for S2.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Chew said:

I'm here, brother :).  We finished Dark the week it came out.  And my body is ready for S2.  

It could be the best thing going on tv these days. I cannot recommend it enough for those here who have not jumped in yet. Yes, it's german but I watch with the english dub and it's fine for me. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I stopped watching because it felt too similar to Stranger Things

Stranger Things is kid's stuff, Sinister!  🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Stranger Things is kid's stuff, Sinister!  🙂

Tell 'em!  We gotta get Sin over to the Dark side.  He appreciates quality television, he'll come around.  

Hell, it may have been you Chach...or somebody here, who said if you like Stranger Things, you'll like Dark.  That was all I needed to hear.  We motored through it in a couple days, friggin' loved it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chew said:

Tell 'em!  We gotta get Sin over to the Dark side.  He appreciates quality television, he'll come around.  

Hell, it may have been you Chach...or somebody here, who said if you like Stranger Things, you'll like Dark.  That was all I needed to hear.  We motored through it in a couple days, friggin' loved it.  

Stranger Things is good, I'm not knocking it.. but it's clearly not as deep and intellectually challenging as Dark. @Mr. Sinister would be so far up that show's butt he'd see our butts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

You must have stopped watching during the trailer lol..

Second ep...

Was a scene where a Reagan speech or something was playing in the background,  a n 80's song started playing,the search was beginning to intensify for the boy, and iirc some of the kids were starting to think about taking matters into their own hands. Then they cut to some people in what looked like some kind of top secret facility, and I was like peace out lol.

I'll take y'alls word for it and pick it back up.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Then they cut yo some people in what looked like some kind of top secret facility, and I was like peace out lol.

LOL...I think there was one moment that slightly reminded me of Stranger Things, when the high school students were in the woods late at night. Outside of that brief moment the rest of the show was a constant mind****, even when I could guess when certain things were gonna happen it still screwed with my head. And, holy stinkin' kumquats, there's one scene towards the end of season 1 that just shook me like a mf'er...

Dark is to Stranger Things as Lost is to Gilligan's Island lol. They both involve survivors on an island, but...

EDIT: also, I will say that the season 1 finale wasn't as good as the rest of the season. It was still good, but I wanted something, um, darker (no pun intended)...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Califan007 said:

LOL...I think there was one moment that slightly reminded me of Stranger Things, when the high school students were in the woods late at night. Outside of that brief moment the rest of the show was a constant mind****, even when I could guess when certain things were gonna happen it still screwed with my head. And, holy stinkin' kumquats, there's one scene towards the end of season 1 that just shook me like a mf'er...

I have watched season one 3 times and I still find things in discussion groups that I have to go back and pay attention to. The tapestry of connected characters through time and the mystery of what the heck is going on in that town are incredible. Like the show says, "Everything is connected."

Cannot wait for season two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I have watched season one 3 times and I still find things in discussion groups that I have to go back and pay attention to. The tapestry of connected characters through time and the mystery of what the heck is going on in that town are incredible. Like the show says, "Everything is connected."

Cannot wait for season two.

I'm about to watch it again for the 2nd time for the exact reasons you just mentioned...keeping track of who is who and when is when and etc, etc, yadda yadda wasn't hard, but it required attention to be paid. While watching it the first time there were a few moments when I backtracked and watched an earlier scene in an earlier episode, and caught some stuff that made me smile and go "Oh, ****" lol...

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I'm about to watch it again for the 2nd time for the exact reasons you just mentioned...keeping track of who is who and when is when and etc, etc, yadda yadda wasn't hard, but it required attention to be paid. While watching it the first time there were a few moments when I backtracked and watched an earlier scene in an earlier episode, and caught some stuff that made me smile and go "Oh, ****" lol...

Cali- This will help...

https://dark.netflix.io/?fbclid=IwAR3BDXDizfc-tiVu-zkf7UcHPkBbrZMji24vOWt_b8qRSAy2MKpJfaZjt24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A coworker hyped I Am Mother, excited to watch it this weekend after seeing the trailer.

It was mentioned here a few weeks ago, but City on a Hill premieres this weekend on Showtime.  Kevin Bacon as a dirty FBI agent and Aldis Hodge as the ADA in mid-90s Boston.  

Edited by Chew