Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

No one's winning any awards for acting for this one but it's a good little comedy. I binge whenever a new season drops.

Agreed.  The story moves along pretty quickly and I usually laugh out loud a few times an episode.  Olyphant and Barry have good chemistry and the kid actors are solid, too.

If you're into Dark comedies, SCD is definitely worth checking out.  Season 3 has been confirmed. 

20 hours ago, Chachie said:

IMO, not anywhere close to season one but a heck of a lot better than season 2. Mahershala Ali is a pretty awesome mofo.

While nothing matches the high points of season 1, there was an awful lot of filler - it was as though they tried to stretch 6 episodes into 8.  I almost gave up after the painfully slow first episode, but I wanted to see if side piece did anymore nude scenes, cuz...damn!

Season 3 was the first season that was consistently good from start to finish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

While nothing matches the high points of season 1, there was an awful lot of filler - it was as though they tried to stretch 6 episodes into 8.  I almost gave up after the painfully slow first episode, but I wanted to see if side piece did anymore nude scenes, cuz...damn!

Season 3 was the first season that was consistently good from start to finish.

Funny that you thought S1, ep1 wasn't up to snuff because I thought S3, ep1 was kind of flat.  🙂

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Love the show. The recent 2 parter was WOW. Hope the show gets a 3rd season.

Yeah, that was pretty intense.  Didn't think the show would get there so soon.  I also enjoyed Deflectors, the episode before the two-parter.  People have draw parallels between that episode and the unfortunate treatment of Alan Turing.  It was also a good way to help the audience acclimate to Talla; her response to Klyden (who, by the way, is played by the same actor who plays Fred Johnson in The Expanse) at the end of the episode was a deep cut. 

Edited by PokerPacker

On 2/25/2019 at 9:27 PM, TK said:

It's a movie, not a series but to me it had that almost Banshee feel. Though I think it's closer to Shoot Em Up. Either way, I'm guaranteeing most of you will like it. :)  

This was on my bucket list. Got to watch it over the weekend. Really liked it. :)

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:05 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think so.  It's gotten to the point where I really don't care about the Blacklisters they're catching, really just watching for the stories between the characters and how it's gonna play out with Liz and Red.

Hide contents

I like your idea of her killing him, I think that can definitely happen.  She's definitely taking a turn to the dark side, acting as more of a criminal.  But that can be said for the whole task force.  

To play off your idea, I think what could also happen is that she gets involved with Ressler, he's the one that ends up pulling the trigger to kill Red.  Maybe that's a little far-fetched but they had that little moment over Chinese food a few seasons ago, it looked like they were going to get involved.  With Tom dead, I think they get feelings for each other.  

At any rate, I'm dyiiiiiing to see who Red really is. 

I had to avoid the spoilers since I had just started watching The Blacklist, now I'm all caught up so I can toss some ideas around.

Spoiler

Part of me thinks that the skeleton and DNA report is a ruse.  Just something doesn't feel right about it, like why would he kill or keep the remains of the real Red with a DNA report showing it was the real Red?  If he is really a fake, taking on the life of the most wanted criminal on the planet, why risk all of that by leaving behind bones with a DNA report?  What good could possibly come out of that?  

Is Jennifer really Liz's sister?  Could be legit, maybe not.   I read one fan theory that Red was really Katarina and had surgery to assume the identity of the real Red after killing them.  That actually would make keeping the bones/DNA test more legit.  So when revealed to Liz that he is actually her mother, the bones/DNA can prove that to her).   Not really liking that theory though.   I dunno, they do a great job with the writing on this show, so many possibilities. 

17 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I had to avoid the spoilers since I had just started watching The Blacklist, now I'm all caught up so I can toss some ideas around.

Hide contents

Part of me thinks that the skeleton and DNA report is a ruse.  Just something doesn't feel right about it, like why would he kill or keep the remains of the real Red with a DNA report showing it was the real Red?  If he is really a fake, taking on the life of the most wanted criminal on the planet, why risk all of that by leaving behind bones with a DNA report?  What good could possibly come out of that?  

Is Jennifer really Liz's sister?  Could be legit, maybe not.   I read one fan theory that Red was really Katarina and had surgery to assume the identity of the real Red after killing them.  That actually would make keeping the bones/DNA test more legit.  So when revealed to Liz that he is actually her mother, the bones/DNA can prove that to her).   Not really liking that theory though.   I dunno, they do a great job with the writing on this show, so many possibilities. 

Spoiler

That's exactly what I was thinking, it would make no sense for him to keep the remains.  Unless he's using it for an insurance policy of sorts that he knows about.  All I know is he was fanatical about getting that bag back, there's some importance there, something we obviously aren't privy to yet.  He hasn't gone that hard at something or someone in any other part of the series as he did to get those bones back.

That theory is bizarre, but I don't like it either.  It's pretty wacky.  But I think Jennifer has some ulterior motives, I think she turns on Liz.  I don't trust her for some reason.

I've missed the last 2-3 episodes, will catch up soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Everyone is talkin gabout GOT but there isn't really a way to watch 1-7 unless you have HBO GO. Ugh. 

Before you start recommending illegal ways I would prefer a legit way so I can activate closed captioning. 

Just curious, why the need for closed captioning?  Are you watching it on a tablet/phone at work or something?

On 2/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, Chachie said:

Episode 6: the long "one take" shot in the main room of the house was absolutely brilliant. I can only imagine the rehearsals, blocking and camera/jib prep that the whole scene required. Amazing work.

I'm not sure if you have ever seen this before, but this behind the scenes of a continuous shot is pretty damn awesome to watch just how much goes into those.  I have never seen the show/movie this was for, just this video though and thought it was very neat.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Just curious, why the need for closed captioning?  Are you watching it on a tablet/phone at work or something?

I noticed when watching shows that I can better understand what the characters say with closed captioning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

I'm not sure if you have ever seen this before, but this behind the scenes of a continuous shot is pretty damn awesome to watch just how much goes into those.  I have never seen the show/movie this was for, just this video though and thought it was very neat.

Thanks, man! Incredible work there.

I have not seen this series yet either but I do love Jim Carey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Been watching Crashing on HBO lately.  Really funny show.

Love this show, sad that S3 is already over with this Sunday's finale.  

I really like how the show pokes fun at just about every thing without ever feeling mean-spirited about anything. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Been watching Crashing on HBO lately.  Really funny show.

Springlesworth!  My man!  I've been trying to get folks board with Crashing for a while now, but haven't seen anyone else mention it besides you.  Great writing by Apatow & Holmes, and Pete executes it perfectly.  Crashing is currently my wife's favorite show, and top 3 for me.

Have you seen Pete Holmes' stand-up special from a few months ago?  It was freaking hilarious. 

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I noticed when watching shows that I can better understand what the characters say with closed captioning 

I like CC as well. Sometimes you will have background chatter that is really hard to hear, or an actor with a thick foreign accent (say they are in Russia or something) or like two people in restaurants talking or something, but with CC on you can read what they are saying. Also they will put up the artist and and tune of the song playing as well.  :)