Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I think Cobra Kai was always supposed to be that way, wasn't it? 

I agree.  The original movies took themselves a little too seriously and where full of shallow tropes.  Don't get me wrong, I liked them and still do but the poking fun (parody) part of Cobra Kai is what endeared the show to me so much.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, zCommander said:

I never watched LOTR.

Poor joke.

I’ve watched most of the comic hero movies, again not in order, and I still enjoy the movies in isolation. I think to X-men franchise is incredibly well done. But I can’t bring myself to get any more invested than the running length of the film.

43 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I’ve watched most of the comic hero movies, again not in order, and I still enjoy the movies in isolation. I think to X-men franchise is incredibly well done. But I can’t bring myself to get any more invested than the running length of the film.

I get that. X-men has been great indeed. 

For anyone who has been enjoying Killing Eve for the past couple years: I'm here to warn you that the new season has jumped the shark. I thought it was one of the best shows on television and now it's simply ridiculous, cartoonish, and way off the tracks. That is all.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I stopped watching Cobra Kai after season 2.

Season 1 was fun and nostalgic.

Season 2 was just bad and completely jumped the shark on the final episode with that fight in school.

Based on how I've heard it has gone and what I've seen from my wife watching it, I am glad I stopped watching it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chachie said:

For anyone who has been enjoying Killing Eve for the past couple years: I'm here to warn you that the new season has jumped the shark. I thought it was one of the best shows on television and now it's simply ridiculous, cartoonish, and way off the tracks. That is all.

I am glad I am not the only one thinking this.  It is a shame because I really enjoyed the previous seasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Season 2 was just bad and completely jumped the shark on the final episode with that fight in school.

Based on how I've heard it has gone and what I've seen from my wife watching it, I am glad I stopped watching it.

Not the same feeling in our house. Season 3 was pretty good. Can't wait for season 4. :)

So I binged watched all 3 seasons of You in day and a half. I had been avoiding it and thought it was about some creep doing creep stuff to a woman. Man was I wrong. Got hooked really fast from Episode 1. Now can't wait for season 4. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean you’re not wrong here. That’s exactly what it’s about. He just ends up finding other creeps too

I guess it was more than just that though...well at least to me

Spoiler

Tte people he ends up killing that was not what I was expecting at all. The story was also interesting too. You had to know what happens next. It was an intriguing show indeed. I found the novel online and read some reviews and where the authors said her friends said Joe is a serial killer but she insisted that is what is not what Joe is. I guess the way she wrote the character of Joe was more of what he can do to protect the woman he has fallen head over heals with or protect the people in his life as well and if killing was a solution he did that with no hesitation. Like protect that boy and his mom from her boyfriend by killing him. Serial killers are more methodical. I do agree with the author on this even though she did say maybe he was a serial killer years later. So maybe something changed her mind as she wrote more chapters to this story. Probably didn't want people to think it is okay to kill to protect someone and I do get that too. 

• Like 1

I’m a huge Halo fan so was both predisposed to like the Halo show but also probably more to hate it because it doesn’t follow the story of the games and they’ve changed several characters around. 

that said, episode 1 was awesome. They’re doing their own thing with the story but it still feels distinctly Halo and at least so far has enough overlap with the world and characters that, despite the changes, it makes sense and works. I imagine it fits together even better for someone that isn’t into the games which was likely the point. The world is nice, the action is fun and badass and actually far more graphic than the games. The designs look great to me. I like the story they’re telling with Chief too touching on some of my favorite Chief moments in the game from a character standpoint 

excited to see more 

• 2 weeks later...

Severance on Apple+ is great. Very interesting science fiction premise where people can choose to sever themselves which means when they go to work upon arrival they have no memory of their personal lives. All they know is work. Their personal side also has no knowledge or understanding of what they do at work all day. It is supposed to provide a work/home life balance but you can see issues that presents. it has great cast including Adam Scott, John Turturo, Christopher, Walken, and Patricia Arquette. Seems to be a puzzle box type of show that feels like a season long episode of black mirror. 

Very thought provoking with the philosophical and moral ideas of the show. I am loving it so far and excited to see where it ends up. 

On 3/23/2022 at 12:28 PM, purbeast said:

Me too.
I am always willing to suspend disbelief, but holy ****, the number of times my brain said "Why aren't any of these people being arrested" overwhelmed any time i spent watching the show. Cobra Kai was fun in season 1. and then corny and cornier.
Had someone tell me 'that's what it is supposed to be".

And i thought, "Well, I think it's supposed to be 'good', and this isn't."

~Bang