Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

Just got an email saying I could upgrade. Seems odd considering I just signed up for season tickets 2 weeks ago

Hey, take advantage of it. You may find a better location. More opportunities open up on the upper level. You're problem is you will be one of the last to choose. But seats open up in unexpected locations when others upgrade.

Hey, take advantage of it. You may find a better location. More opportunities open up on the upper level. You're problem is you will be one of the last to choose. But seats open up in unexpected locations when others upgrade.

Yeah I'll definitely try to get closer to the 50 or down a couple of rows

This will be my second year being a season ticket holder and upgrades are available for me starting May 30th, @ 2 PM.

Well I guess you need to start somewhere!

Any newer season ticket holders have any experiences moving down some rows in the upper level that they care to share to a newbie?

Thanks!

Just got my notification from the TO for my upgrade window. Friday, 5/23 at 10:00. This will be my twelfth year as a season ticket holder.

I got the same one. I love our seats, (just got 'em upgraded last season), and it would have to be one heckuva an upgrade to pry us out of them. (Section 236, row 8, Skins side, under cover)

I got the same one. I love our seats, (just got 'em upgraded last season), and it would have to be one heckuva an upgrade to pry us out of them. (Section 236, row 8, Skins side, under cover)

Howdy neighbor. That's where I want to go to! Almost there. I'm in 237 seats 17 and 18...I think on the aisle. I was able to swap ends of the field two weeks ago. I've got to wait until noon on that day to start looking.

May 20th at 4PM for me to look for a upgrade... Dropped 1 ticket this year, hoping its easier to find 2 tickets instead of

3 like I had last year.. just want something closer to the aisle higher up, or something in the 200 section behind me, or to either side!

Howdy neighbor. That's where I want to go to! Almost there. I'm in 237 seats 17 and 18...I think on the aisle. I was able to swap ends of the field two weeks ago. I've got to wait until noon on that day to start looking.

Howdy! Yeah...we love, love, love those seats! It's got everything we want. Backing up to the suites is nice, because they keep the windows open and the heat radiates down and, in those early hot, humid games, we're in the shade, and you can feel the AC as it blows down, not to mention the advantage of being undercover when it's raining, snowing or sleeting.

There's a level of energy, and excitement, in the lowers, that can't be beat. While we loved our seats in the upper bowl, there is no comparison...

I don't see us moving anytime soon.

may 14th at 4 pm. my account's been active with the team for 51 years.

excited to see what's available. last year I moved from 117 to 227. would like to go down a few rows. would prefer to move to the home side 200 level but those seats are hard to get regardless of when your window is.

Howdy! Yeah...we love, love, love those seats! It's got everything we want. Backing up to the suites is nice, because they keep the windows open and the heat radiates down and, in those early hot, humid games, we're in the shade, and you can feel the AC as it blows down, not to mention the advantage of being undercover when it's raining, snowing or sleeting.

There's a level of energy, and excitement, in the lowers, that can't be beat. While we loved our seats in the upper bowl, there is no comparison...

I don't see us moving anytime soon.

I agree with everything you said 100%. I know lots of guys like the upper deck sideline but I NEVER regretted my move to the lower level even if I had to start in the corner end zone. As you said, the energy is so much better. I would add the other plus is the quick getaway after the game. I'm on my way home while the upper deck is still walking the ramps. Now with my new seats, I am just outside the handicapped parking lot and the getaway will be even swifter. ...but I ALWAYS stay to the final whistle. I'll keep trying to move down the sideline, but I know it will be difficult.

I'm still not sure what's better - first couple rows on the 50 in the upper decks or being in the mid/upper section of the lower level along the 50. There's lots of pros and cons... how quickly you get in/out, price, sightlines, who you're around, etc.

I don't regred moving into the lower level one bit, but I sure do appreciate the view from those good seats in the upper level. The only thing I miss is how awesome it is to walk down the ramps after a big win.  You don't get that in the lower level.

But yeah... I'm normally home within an hour and a half of the final whistle and my drive is an hour and 15 minutes long with no traffic. You just beat majority of the traffic leaving right after the whistle from the lower level.

True, the walk down the ramps could be fun. Problem was wins at FedEx Field are not common. More often we had to put up with idiots rubbing it in our faces.

And if I am going to sit above lower level, then put me in the club level. The upper level is just so far up in the sky. Good view, but detached from the game and noise.

The upper level is just so far up in the sky. Good view, but detached from the game and noise.

I was nearly brought to tears after the hike up to our new STs on opening day of 1997. Tears of rage! :angry:  There no escalators to the 400 level (yet), temps were in the 90s, my grandmother was in her 80s, our new row was in the 20s. Oh man that day sucked, even though we won against the Cardinals, our new STs were such a let down compared to what we had forever enjoyed in RFK.

Problems of an entitled, spoiled rotten, fan. I'm over it now.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, upper level RFK was like the club seats in FedEx only lower because there were no owner suites under them. The FedEX Field upper level is really like a third or maybe even a fourth level compared to RFK!

And yeah, I remember those days, except I started in row 27. I nearly had a heart attack walking up those steep steps...and I was in my early 40's. There does seem to be a substantial difference when you get below about row 15. And I enjoyed my seats for 7 years in row 5 for a long time. I just consider the 200 level the best seats in the house for a variety of reasons. And I'm there....just have to shove those 50 year legacy ticket holders out of the way....they know who they are! :rolleyes:

Season ticket holder for over 40+ years and received May 21st as my upgrade date.  After seeing people on here I called up the ticket office, just to let you all know they have ZERO records of people with tickets before 1996.  So everyone with season tickets prior to 1996 are lumped into 1 category with zero basis on how many years you have actually had tickets.  

I guess longevity means nothing to the Redskins, it is truely nice to see how they care about us....

We're in 137 so right below you.  Been thinking about trying to get into the 200's because my section pretty much stands the whole game and I would love to be able to sit down once in a while.

I have no faith that it will happen with the new process though because I won't login to my account from work and the upgrade site isn't smart phone friendly (at least last year).  By the time I got home last year there was never anything to chose from except for a few singles.

I can relate Littleyog. Over the course of a few offseasons in the early and mid 2000s, I'd call in to ask about GA relocations. I was always hoping to use tenure to my advantage. I still felt entitled back then. I asked several different TO agents about my account history. I was told it went back to 1989, 94, 96, etc. One agent said the records were lost after the move in 1996-97. Another agent claimed that records  were lost when everything went digital in the 80s. IDK what to believe, but I know that I've used the seats since 1982.

I got 5/28, been a STH since 2007.

Am I reading some posts correctly? Could I have upgraded my current tickets if I chose to add more seats? I get so many emails from the Skins I just ignore them at this point.

Sometimes. The TO calls people when a single seat opens near them. It's happened to me twice in 12 years. But if you are willing to buy one or more extra seats, that financial incentive can often get you into upgraded seats. Of course, having 3 or more seats can also limit your seat selection. But having 3 seats together works both ways. Because the Skins hate odd numbered seats because it risks creating singles which are almost impossible to sell, they often will move someone into a group of three seats which could be a substantial upgrade for you.

My window opens on 29 May, so hopefully I can move down a few rows in the same section.

You're boy's legs aren't what they used to be :lol:

One of the most exciting times of year.  I can't wait to upgrade.

Am I reading some posts correctly? Could I have upgraded my current tickets if I chose to add more seats? I get so many emails from the Skins I just ignore them at this point.

It sounds like only a select few were provided an opportunity to add seats to their account; but lower level sidelines were available to those who received the offer.

yes I was offered an opportunity to buy additional seats and added 2 seats (side by side) 2 sections closer to the 50 on the skins side sect 104 on the aisle.To me this was the best way for me to upgrade.  my upgrade date is 5-28

Just logged in for my upgrade this morning and there are only 42 tickets available in the lower level (all singles). I'm thinking Stub Hub must have had 5/13 as their upgrade date? No freaking way that not one person got rid of their seats after that wonderful season last year.

Agreed hailskins94, I logged in right at 10 and the only pair they had was in section 205 and a pair in 237, all singles everywhere else. I added a pair of tix in 137 2 weeks ago and the TO had those eligible for me to upgrade along with my other seats, but there was nothing to get, I should've jumped on the seats in 205  but someone beat me to it while I was checking other sections. At least the system did not crash this year like it did last year.

What row and seats were available in section 237?

UPDATE  I was a little worried there. I thought that maybe they were my new seats that I exchanged two weeks ago. But my online account has finally been updated and has my new seats in section 237. Whew....

Archived