Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

What kind of cost are we talking?

Five figures and up per seat. That's why they hold those seats so dear. 

OUCH. Per year? Or is this a do it once and then they hook you up sort of thing?

I'm just curious, where are your current seats that you're trying to upgrade?

OUCH. Per year? Or is this a do it once and then they hook you up sort of thing?

That's per year I believe.  Though I have never called about exact details. 

I'm just curious, where are your current seats that you're trying to upgrade?

The better end of Section 207.

That's per year I believe.  Though I have never called about exact details. 

:cough:

Do you feel you get real value out of the seats you have?

Yeah I do, I love my seats.

Your seats are pretty similar to mine. While they're not terrible I'm not in love with them either.

The reality is the seats better than ours are in VERY high demand. While you have heard about a soft ticket market for the skins, sideline home lowers are much coveted. There is not a lot of turnover in the area we would like to move to.

I'm in 236 and my hope is to one day make it to near the 10 yard line. I believe movement better than that is a loooooong time coming if ever.

The best (and cheapest) bet for both of you is to buy one of the single seats in 205, 104 or 139. You sell it for face value this year and either get your money back or make a small profit. Next year when it's time to assign new seats you just call them and tell them you want to add a second seat. The one that is available in section 205, row 2 actually belonged to my daughter last year. She was in 110 before that but picked up the single in section 205, which was a great move and a jump she would have never been able to make otherwise. When the process started she called and requested an additional seat and they moved her to two seats in section 238. This is BY FAR the best way for the average guy to upgrade with minimal to no cost, maybe even a profit.  As I've said in earlier posts, there are no guarantees but I've never know it to fail. HOF44, this will easily achieve your goal of being near the 10 yard line next year!

By the way, if you buy it online you have to pay it all upfront. If you call the TO, you can make 2 or 3 payments.

I'm in 236 and my hope is to one day make it to near the 10 yard line. I believe movement better than that is a loooooong time coming if ever.

The best (and cheapest) bet for both of you is to buy one of the single seats in 205, 104 or 139. You sell it for face value this year and either get your money back or make a small profit. Next year when it's time to assign new seats you just call them and tell them you want to add a second seat. The one that is available in section 205, row 2 actually belonged to my daughter last year. She was in 110 before that but picked up the single in section 205, which was a great move and a jump she would have never been able to make otherwise. When the process started she called and requested an additional seat and they moved her to two seats in section 238. This is BY FAR the best way for the average guy to upgrade with minimal to no cost, maybe even a profit.  As I've said in earlier posts, there are no guarantees but I've never know it to fail. HOF44, this will easily achieve your goal of being near the 10 yard line next year!

By the way, if you buy it online you have to pay it all upfront. If you call the TO, you can make 2 or 3 payments.

I've been kicking that very idea around.

I just became a season ticket holder! My amazing wife surprised me on my 40th birthday with 4 tix! Sec 432. I am beyond excited! HAIL!!!

Awesome - congrats!! My cousin just got a call yesterday that his number came up so there are a lot of happy right now.

What is the liklihood that you can get your money back on a single ticket.  There are some great single seats available.  

What is the liklihood that you can get your money back on a single ticket.  There are some great single seats available.  

80 - 90% % I'd say. You can't necessarily look at it like that though. If you spend $1309 for a single seat, you will get back somewhere between $1200 and $1600. My friend bought one in 124 and has already sold the Bears for $180 and Lions for $160. Odd that it's those two games. In many areas this may not work, but in the DC area we are so transient there are fans of every NFL team who may be in town on business, etc. that may want to see their team play. You need to look at it like even if you lose $100 for the entire season, is it worth that price to get sideline seats from that point forward? The other choice is to buy Tailgate Club or Club seats and you know how outrageous they are. Hope this helps.

80 - 90% % I'd say. You can't necessarily look at it like that though. If you spend $1309 for a single seat, you will get back somewhere between $1200 and $1600. My friend bought one in 124 and has already sold the Bears for $180 and Lions for $160. Odd that it's those two games. In many areas this may not work, but in the DC area we are so transient there are fans of every NFL team who may be in town on business, etc. that may want to see their team play. You need to look at it like even if you lose $100 for the entire season, is it worth that price to get sideline seats from that point forward? The other choice is to buy Tailgate Club or Club seats and you know how outrageous they are. Hope this helps.

I'll eat it before I give it to a visiting team fan.

You may lose more than that. Keep in mind you pretty much give away the preseason.

I'll eat it before I give it to a visiting team fan.

You may lose more than that. Keep in mind you pretty much give away the preseason.

Yes but you are saying that as someone who has never done this so you are not really sure how much money you will or will not make. You are just stating your opinion, which is cool but I think you are looking at the "glass is half empty" approach. I did it 3 years in a row and have known many others to do so. Not once have we lost money. Sure, you can give away the preseason but if you are selling a non-division game for $180 and another for $160, you've made up for it. So who cares about that? You will double your money on the Dallas game without question should you choose to do so. You can't look at is an individual game like that?? If you take the the face value cost per ticket of $119.90 and add 20% if you get $0.00 for a preseason game, that leaves your true cost of the 8 regular season games at $143.88. That's how you look at it and that is the number you are working with. You look at it like if you pay $1190 for the entire season, at the end of the entire season did you get your $1190 back  and possibly make a profit, which is a bonus. The answer will be yes. Who cares if you lose a few dollars on a preseason game if at the end of the year you've made a 20% profit. That's not the goal here though. So hypothetically what if you lose $200?? Keep in mind that probably won't happen. This is the exact same as if a buddy of yours said "Hey, I will transfer my LOWER LEVEL SIDELINE seats to you (that you would never even be able to get otherwise) but the Redskins are gonna charge us $100 each (which they would) to do so." You would do that in a heartbeat wouldn't you?? Sure you would because that's what the cost is to transfer a seat to a family member. You really can't have your cake and eat it too. Actually you can in this case, but if you want a guarantee, that's not gonna happen. I'm just giving people facts to help - nothing more, nothing less. I started out in 2009 in section 412 row 21 and now 4 years after coming off the wait list I have seats in section 103 by using this method and a guy I work with has 2 seats 4 rows behind me in 103 as well. Other than buying club or tailgate, I don't know too many people who can say that other than people who did this. There are people on here who have had tickets forever who haven't touched the sidelines and probably never will. You can't change the rules, so you need to accept them and play by them to get ahead. This is simply one way to do that. Guarantee - no. Success - most certainly.

EDIT: You can also wait until the regular season starts to do this as they normally still have singles then. It may be tougher now, but a few years ago they would occasionally still have them. This way, you avoid preseason all together.

I've had a couple of singles on the home sideline for years. I've never had a problem selling them when necessary. I've also never been successful turning my singles into a pair in or near the same section.

As for selling them, that's good to know. I'm really surprised at how easy it is to sell singles - I thought it would be really difficult. I've met people who say they buy a single to all games and always go alone and just enjoy meeting new fans/friends. I couldn't do that, but they seem to have no problem with is. As for getting pairs, I'm really surprised to hear that unless your seats are just THAT good. lol. I've never known anyone to have an issue between the goal line and the 20s, up to section 103 on one side and 140 on the other. What areas areas are your tickets in? Normally the TO will find something within 5 rows either way. Maybe next year will be your year!

I never have problems selling my tickets, and I have three of them, a odd number! Even for pre season games... hell I have both sold already at about half of my cost, which I will gladly take!

As far as transfering to family members for 100 each ticket.. why even transfer them? If you're that hell bent on sticking it to Snyder, just have your family member pay you for the tickets each year and keep them in your name..if they dont pay you, it wont cost you anything to let them go if you dont want to keep them :) My father transfered them to me before they started charging everyone to so do, before FedEx Field.

I never have problems selling my tickets, and I have three of them, a odd number! Even for pre season games... hell I have both sold already at about half of my cost, which I will gladly take!

As far as transfering to family members for 100 each ticket.. why even transfer them? If you're that hell bent on sticking it to Snyder, just have your family member pay you for the tickets each year and keep them in your name..if they dont pay you, it wont cost you anything to let them go if you dont want to keep them :) My father transfered them to me before they started charging everyone to so do, before FedEx Field.

I wasn't saying pay $100 to transfer them, I was saying if you lose $100, look at it as if you were paying to do that if that makes it feel better. :-) So...there used to be a time where there was no charge to transfer tickets to a family member, huh? Go figure I should have known that. I guess there were a lot of things that used to be good in the past which have changed and now have a fee.

As for having three tickets, I have a friend who has 3 seats in section 117. It amazes me how quickly she sells them when she has to for about half the games. There aren't a lot of people who sell 3 or 5 seats so I guess the demand outweighs the supply. I know when I had to sell my s2 eats and buy 3 because I had an extra person going it was a challenge to find 3 so I always had to pay a bit more. It was pay the price or run the risk of not finding another block of three.

Archived