Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

To me, the whole upgrade process was a big turnoff.  Before I gave my tickets up (I too sat in section 125), I had absolutely no chance of every upgrading again because my seniority date was in something like 2008.  I only got moved downstairs because I took a one year deal in the club level.  By the time it was my turn to "upgrade", there was nothing even left in the lower level.  

So I just received an email from the Redskins yesterday allowing me to purchase additional seats near my current seats, supposedely for friends and family. The offer expires 4/16. I currently have a pair in 104 row 5. I really don't want more tickets, but I logged in anyway just to see what was available. It was just like the upgrade process, however it would only show me sections 102-105. There were singles available in 102, pairs in 103 and even a set of four in 104. They actually had row 1 available in my section. After a lot of thought, I ended up buying the pair in the front row. I will attempt to sell one of the sets this year to get my money back. I'm thinking next year I will just drop the pair I have in row 5 and keep row 1. I wondered about just waiting for the upgrade process, but last year, nothing but singles were available in sections 104,103 or 102 by the time my window came up(12 year season ticket holder). They said in the email that if I declined the offer I will still be elligible for an upgrade. I wonder if they will still include my in the upgrade window now that I accepted the offer. I am content with what I have, but my ultimate upgrade would be front row in 239-204. I enjoy the front row due to idiots standing ALL the time. I understand that being down that low to the field isn't the best view to watch the game, but it's really neat to be that close to the action, players, and cheerleaders.

The way I feel about this offer is the Redskins charged me $2618 to upgrade my seats, instead of just letting me swap my pair. This is smart on their part. I'm OK with it as long as I don't take too big of hit trying to sell my tickets.

So I just received an email from the Redskins yesterday allowing me to purchase additional seats near my current seats, supposedely for friends and family. The offer expires 4/16. I currently have a pair in 104 row 5. I really don't want more tickets, but I logged in anyway just to see what was available. It was just like the upgrade process, however it would only show me sections 102-105. There were singles available in 102, pairs in 103 and even a set of four in 104. They actually had row 1 available in my section. After a lot of thought, I ended up buying the pair in the front row. I will attempt to sell one of the sets this year to get my money back. I'm thinking next year I will just drop the pair I have in row 5 and keep row 1. I wondered about just waiting for the upgrade process, but last year, nothing but singles were available in sections 104,103 or 102 by the time my window came up(12 year season ticket holder). They said in the email that if I declined the offer I will still be elligible for an upgrade. I wonder if they will still include my in the upgrade window now that I accepted the offer. I am content with what I have, but my ultimate upgrade would be front row in 239-204. I enjoy the front row due to idiots standing ALL the time. I understand that being down that low to the field isn't the best view to watch the game, but it's really neat to be that close to the action, players, and cheerleaders.

The way I feel about this offer is the Redskins charged me $2618 to upgrade my seats, instead of just letting me swap my pair. This is smart on their part. I'm OK with it as long as I don't take too big of hit trying to sell my tickets.

If I were you, I'd recommend selling the full season for face value before the beginning of the season.  If you try to sell game by game, you're going to get killed on preseason tickets (maybe you'll get 30% back if you're lucky on those tickets, especially given the opponents this year).  If the Redskins are good (as we all hope), you won't have any issue.  If they are terrible again though, there is no way you get face if you don't sell early in the year.  Last year the Chiefs game for instance practically wasn't worth the paper the tickets were printed on.  

To me, the whole upgrade process was a big turnoff.  Before I gave my tickets up (I too sat in section 125), I had absolutely no chance of every upgrading again because my seniority date was in something like 2008.  I only got moved downstairs because I took a one year deal in the club level.  By the time it was my turn to "upgrade", there was nothing even left in the lower level.  

I did club for one year and got in section 125... you must be near me lol

Yes, Virginia, there are seats in the lower bowl near or on the side lines at FedEx Field. I just moved my seats from Section 207 to 237. Essentially swapping ends of the home side line from the Redskins tunnel to the far side of the side lines. I wanted a section closer to the handicapped parking lot I use outside Gate H. Just got the call today and got the same row with aisle seats! I made it clear I was not asking for an upgrade, just a comparable location. I "think" I got a two section upgrade. From what I can tell on the stadium map, I got moved a section closer to the 50 AND my seats are now on the other side of the section putting me almost an entire section closer because I am on the other end of row 3. I appear to be end zone sideline now, rather than end zone corner. Might almost be worth the road trip for the first pre-season game to check them out.

The ticket agent did say that when he read my request last night, he did not hold out much hope for me but I lucked out. I watched the upgrade process last year from the beginning like a hawk and saw some 2 seats together open and close very quickly. The TD clubbers and Tailgate clubbers go to butt to the head of the line despite having fewer STH years of experience. Of course, by the time it was my turn there were no upgrades available and last year was my 11th year as a STH. Maybe I'll luck out this year. Who knows.

So anyway, my old seats in section 207, row 3 seats 15-16 are now available for upgraders.

Hail!

You're behind me now.  I'm in 137 and been thinking about trying to get into the 200 section behind us because I'm tired of standing the whole game.  Love the view from our section and we come in on Arena Drive so we never have a problem getting out before everyone else.

club level is where it's at my friend.

Why would you want to go lower? to be closer to the action?

I sit in 236...237 is end zone corner, but they're great seats....

Yeah, I know they are still officially end zone corner. But the seat views and diagrams seem to show the aisle between sections 237 and 238 facing the sideline of the end zone. My old seats in 207 were behind the end zone right at the corner. I know the diagrams and seat views can be misleading. Just will have to wait until opening day. I doubt I will travel down from PA for the pre-season games.

You're behind me now.  I'm in 137 and been thinking about trying to get into the 200 section behind us because I'm tired of standing the whole game.  Love the view from our section and we come in on Arena Drive so we never have a problem getting out before everyone else.

Oh, I love the 200 level! I think they are the best seats in FedEX I can sit most of the game and be closer to the action than the club level...and of course they are a hell of a lot cheaper. I also like the quick get away like you say. Now it will be even faster for me. I can be in my car in less than 5 minutes and on my way home while most fans are still walking to their cars. I go out Morgan Blvd and go to DC and get on DC295 before getting on the beltway and 95 north.

I simply could not stand the entire game. I used to be in 109 and 110. Fortunately, we did not have to stand too much since the dream seaters can watch most of the action without standing. Danny just had to add those seats to inconvenience the entire lower level. :angry:

Just got season tickets!! Sitting in Section 453, Row 9, Seats 5 & 6

Those are great seats if this is your first year! Welcome to FedEx!

Just got season tickets!! Sitting in Section 453, Row 9, Seats 5 & 6

Congratulations on your seats.  I'm happy for you -- would have loved seats like that my first year off the list.  But something is still broken about the ticket allocation system if they're giving seats like this to someone brand new before the upgrade window opens, and not first making them available through the upgrade process to long-standing ST holders.  I'd be shocked if there's not a single person with two seats in rows 10-15 of sections 446 to 452, for example, who wouldn't have jumped at the chance to move lower and towards the 50 if given the chance.  

What were you told about where your seats would be when you agreed to buy them? Put another way, if they'd told you your pair would be something like row 9, Sec. 446, would you still have bought them?

Congratulations on your seats.  I'm happy for you -- would have loved seats like that my first year off the list.  But something is still broken about the ticket allocation system if they're giving seats like this to someone brand new before the upgrade window opens, and not first making them available through the upgrade process to long-standing ST holders.  I'd be shocked if there's not a single person with two seats in rows 10-15 of sections 446 to 452, for example, who wouldn't have jumped at the chance to move lower and towards the 50 if given the chance.  

What were you told about where your seats would be when you agreed to buy them? Put another way, if they'd told you your pair would be something like row 9, Sec. 446, would you still have bought them?

I orginally called to get the Upper Level Endzone seats, but were told those were sold out and all they had were the sideline seats either sections 1-15 or 15+. I told her I'd do 1-15. She asked if I had a preference for aisle seats and I told her not really, just anything as close to the 50yd line as possible (didn't think that would be possible). She came back and said she had 2 in 453 row 9 that weren't aisle. I wasn't really aware of the sections up there, I've never sat up that high before. My grandfather has had tickets for 50+ years and his are in 228 so that's really the only area I know. Was defintiely excited to see the view from the seats on the stadium diagram.

Matt, did you get the seat #s?

Just beware there may be railing and/or staircase obstructions if you're near the aisles of row 9s, anywhere in the upper level. I'd ask the TO for an appointment to visit the seats asap. I hope your seats are near the middle of the row.

See MarktheHomers epic thread:  Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About FedEx Field.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fedexfield/

Matt, did you get the seat #s?

Just beware there may be railing and/or staircase obstructions if you're near the aisles of row 9s, anywhere in the upper level. I'd ask the TO for an appointment to visit the seats asap. I hope your seats are near the middle of the row.

See MarktheHomers epic thread:  Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About FedEx Field.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-fedexfield/

I'm in seats 5 & 6. Looks like the pics aren't loading in Mark's post. Am I in trouble there?

I'm in seats 5 & 6. Looks like the pics aren't loading in Mark's post. Am I in trouble there?

It can be a tough call without actually visiting the seats; though I tend to believe seats 5-6 are far enough inward, away from the steps. Still check it out though, and envision where people will be walking and standing during the games. 

Archived