Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Seat Upgrade Process

RememberOsaka

I called. She said I should be able to upgrade multiple times and that accounts are locked for 24 hours after upgrading. I'll have to try from home tonight. At work, I'm in a virtual desktop environment and there are some quirks. For example, I don't see avatars on this site; only a red x where the image should be. Maybe the upgrade option is there and I just can't see it on my work computer.

Got an email back. They fixed my account and I can now upgrade again. So, it did seem to be some glitch on their end. I also happened to make my final payment online when I upgraded last Friday so I wonder if that caused an issue. Anyway, it's all good now.

I'm hoping that the two seats to either my right or left open up so that I can finally have all 4 of my seats together. Not likely but I can dream, right? ^_^

Aaaaaand...there's only 5 sets open in my section. For not in my row and one lonely little single seat down below. Looks like the family will have to remain apart. :(

What's with all the seats available in the end-zone-200's sections? Does being in front of the screen suck or something? Speaker noise? Seems odd that there are a handful of seats here and there, but those sections all have double-digit #'s of seats available.

Edit: Section 211 has 4 in a row together and I'm seriously considering taking them. It's just that the high number of available seats makes me wary that something is wrong with the end-zone 200's sections. :( I can keep my split seats in 110, or I can move back a section and have all 4 of my seats together in 211. What do? Help me, ES. You're my only hope.

I think the 200 level are the best seats in the house...period. I like the higher elevation. Can sit most of the game. And most locations around the stadium there is a short overhang that protects you from the rain and snow and sun. Have no clue why so many are missing the 200 level. Maybe the tiny little sections are being over looked. You have to mouse over very carefully and click to open the section. If you are not specifically looking, most folks might just be ignoring those sections. A lot of seats are in the corner end zones and they have nothing to do with the screen. I doubt speaker noise is any more an issue in 211 than 111. Of course, there is no overhang in front of the screen; or maybe only for the back row or two.

As you move around to the sideline, it will always be hard to get 4 together.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 4 in a row right in the middle of 211.  I hope they're good people there cause I love my current seat neighbors in 110.

Can sit most of the game. 

Will we have a problem standing on defense?  I know some odd sections frown on that...

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the 4 in a row right in the middle of 211.  I hope they're good people there cause I love my current seat neighbors in 110.

Will we have a problem standing on defense?  I know some odd sections frown on that...

I think very few fans begrudge anyone who is standing on 3rd or 4th and short. We all do it. If you are going to stand the entire time on defense, yes you may run into fans like me who insist that seats were installed for a reason. And I can yell as loud sitting down as you can standing up. :D

I always tell the youngsters on here, you just wait until you are 45+ with a bad knee, back and/or hips and see what its like standing for 3 hours straight. Lots of older fans at Redskins games. Not fair to them to block their view the whole game.

And again, I think any fair minded fan is not going to be unhappy when you are cheering on our team enthusiastically on defense or jumping up when we score a TD or a big play happens on O. Bottom line is just being courteous to nearby fans.

Quick story....Once when I used to sit in the upper deck, this very old frail couple, nice as could be and quite enthusiastic, was sitting next to me. Some drunken idiot 20 year old insisted on standing on every play and of course, turning around raising his hands to get everyone to stand on every freaking play. The old folks never said a word but I could tell they could not see well nor could they jump up and down let alone stand an entire game. Early in the second quarter, I asked him twice nicely to sit down so the elderly couple could watch the game. The third time I had to intimidate him to sit his ass down. Never get a large man angry in close quarters....just sayin'..... By the third quarter he was passed out in his seat.

(Not assuming any resemblance between you and the drunk college kid). ;)

If you're in the last row of the 200's, you can stand the whole time, if you want.

I am in 214....get to look tomorrow.  But, I am a couple of rows under the second deck overhang, and even though I am in "enemy" territory, still not bad seats.  Plus folks I sit around have been there for a few years now, and are all staunch Skins supporters who show up at each game.  Wife wants me to stand pat....so will take a good deal for me to change seats....

I think very few fans begrudge anyone who is standing on 3rd or 4th and short. We all do it. If you are going to stand the entire time on defense, yes you may run into fans like me who insist that seats were installed for a reason. And I can yell as loud sitting down as you can standing up. :D

I always tell the youngsters on here, you just wait until you are 45+ with a bad knee, back and/or hips and see what its like standing for 3 hours straight. Lots of older fans at Redskins games. Not fair to them to block their view the whole game.

And again, I think any fair minded fan is not going to be unhappy when you are cheering on our team enthusiastically on defense or jumping up when we score a TD or a big play happens on O. Bottom line is just being courteous to nearby fans.

Quick story....Once when I used to sit in the upper deck, this very old frail couple, nice as could be and quite enthusiastic, was sitting next to me. Some drunken idiot 20 year old insisted on standing on every play and of course, turning around raising his hands to get everyone to stand on every freaking play. The old folks never said a word but I could tell they could not see well nor could they jump up and down let alone stand an entire game. Early in the second quarter, I asked him twice nicely to sit down so the elderly couple could watch the game. The third time I had to intimidate him to sit his ass down. Never get a large man angry in close quarters....just sayin'..... By the third quarter he was passed out in his seat.

(Not assuming any resemblance between you and the drunk college kid). ;)

Oh no worries there.  I've been around enough to know better.  I always go with the vibe of the section.  I prefer to stand on 3rd and 4th though.

And for the record the other 3 seats are my wife and kids so I need to set a good example for my boys. ^_^ And I never drink during the game because I have to drive us all back to New Jersey afterwards.  :D

I chose to take the 4 in a row in 211.  We've always had to sit me and one kid in one section and the wife and the other kid in another section.  It'll be nice to finally be all together for the games.  Like I said, just hoping my seat neighbors are good people. *fingers crossed*

Just beware of 200 seats with the added obstructed seats in the back. The vendors and bathrooms are super crowded and you get tons of obnoxious visiting fans behind you because they see cheap seats in the LL buy them, and don't know any better. The views are awesome though.

Add another 4 hours of standing at the tailgate and that makes for a really long day for someone in their 50's.  That's why we moved from 137 to 237.

Add another 4 hours of standing at the tailgate and that makes for a really long day for someone in their 50's.  That's why we moved from 137 to 237.

You need a stadium chair!!  I only get up to setup, tear down, tend the barbecue, watch the Redskins Marching Band as it goes by. Other than that I sit in my chair, enjoy fans around me and whoever came with me to the game. Of course, my hips complain the entire time I'm on my feet!

Oh no worries there.  I've been around enough to know better.  I always go with the vibe of the section.  I prefer to stand on 3rd and 4th though.

And for the record the other 3 seats are my wife and kids so I need to set a good example for my boys. ^_^ And I never drink during the game because I have to drive us all back to New Jersey afterwards.   :D

I chose to take the 4 in a row in 211.  We've always had to sit me and one kid in one section and the wife and the other kid in another section.  It'll be nice to finally be all together for the games.  Like I said, just hoping my seat neighbors are good people. *fingers crossed*

I know. I wasn't lecturing you. It will be great to have the family together. You'll love your seats, I'm sure. I have never had trouble with STHs. It's always the ones who buy their tickets online or craigslist and go to just one or a couple games. Actually, now that I think about it....I did have one STH drunk next to me one year. But he was a nice guy. He and his wife were newlyweds with a new baby. They took turns getting smashed while the other was the designated drive. Both were nice if not a little sloppy drunk from time to time. :)

If you're in the last row of the 200's, you can stand the whole time, if you want.

Only on the home side. The visitor side has the obstructed view seats behind you and you would be obstructing their view even more if you stood all game long. :)

Anyone with access now,  is there any pairs available (between the 30 and 30) Row 6 or lower?   I'm currently on the 40 yard line row 8 (on the aisle) but wouldnt mind moving down a few more rows.   or I'd almost consider a Row 1 in the endzone or corner if 1 came available.

Anyone with access now,  is there any pairs available (between the 30 and 30) Row 6 or lower?   I'm currently on the 40 yard line row 8 (on the aisle) but wouldnt mind moving down a few more rows.   or I'd almost consider a Row 1 in the endzone or corner if 1 came available.

Nothing available between the 30's at all.

What's with all the seats available in the end-zone-200's sections? Does being in front of the screen suck or something? Speaker noise? Seems odd that there are a handful of seats here and there, but those sections all have double-digit #'s of seats available.

Edit: Section 211 has 4 in a row together and I'm seriously considering taking them. It's just that the high number of available seats makes me wary that something is wrong with the end-zone 200's sections. :( I can keep my split seats in 110, or I can move back a section and have all 4 of my seats together in 211. What do? Help me, ES. You're my only hope.

We are in the end-zone, section 233 and have no problems with it at all.  I think it's just that people try to get to the sidelines or at least the corners, and the end-zone seats will fill up after that.  I'll be trying to move my seats more towards the corner if possible later today when my window opens...so that could open up two more end-zone seats.

two pairs located in section 235 row 8 and 5 are available. Worth it to move back from row 5 in 135? What do you guys think? I get that they'll be under cover, but how's the energy and view?

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Energy and view are great.

Better jump on row 5. I just snagged row 8. :)

Edit: My window opened at noon today, and I knew it would be slim pickings, so I did my research in advance and was looking for that corner, at the top of the 200. When I saw it, I jumped on it. I was amazed it was there.

THEN I came to ES to talk about it.

Now everyone tell me I made the right choice (moved from 215 row 4).

Edit 2: Guess you didn't want them, since I just saw that post was made over an hour ago.

two pairs located in section 235 row 8 and 5 are available. Worth it to move back from row 5 in 135? What do you guys think? I get that they'll be under cover, but how's the energy and view?

As I've posted before, I believe the 200 level are the best seats in the house. Compared to where you are now, I suppose there would be "less energy" just because you are not surrounded by thousands of people around you like in the 100 level. In 200 level, the sections have about 100 or so people and they are more separated from other nearby sections. But I never have felt a lack of energy. Actually, you see all that energy out in front of you.

In 135, you probably do not have to stand all game long so moving to 235 is not an advantage there. You will be farther away from the noise of the game but you will have a more elevated sight level allowing  you to see the entire offense and defense better. 235 will protect you from the rain and snow. It's a little faster getaway at the end of the game; but not that much probably.

Kind of depends what you want.

Better jump on row 5. I just snagged row 8. :)

Edit: My window opened at noon today, and I knew it would be slim pickings, so I did my research in advance and was looking for that corner, at the top of the 200. When I saw it, I jumped on it. I was amazed it was there.

THEN I came to ES to talk about it.

Now everyone tell me I made the right choice (moved from 215 row 4).

Edit 2: Guess you didn't want them, since I just saw that post was made over an hour ago.

Those 235 row 5 seats are gone now.  My wife and I will be enjoying them this season!   :D

Archived