Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need help choosing a new HD LED TV

Sizzla3000

Hello Extremeskins family. I am in the market for a new 60 inch LED TV. I don't want to break the bank so I have narrowed my choices down to the following three models within my budget. Please let me know what your opinions are. It will be greatly appreciate. FYI I use the TV for gaming and watching the Skins.

Here are the models:

Sharp LC-60LE845U

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+(60-1/32%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4846568.p;jsessionid=65F62FCA6A57AEC7B01AB05C503E3553.bbolsp-app01-110?id=1218548286813&skuId=4846568&st=sharp 60&cp=1&lp=8

Samsung UN60ES6500

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+(60%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4848141.p?id=1218551142820&skuId=4848141&st=samsung 60&cp=1&lp=2

LG 60LM7200

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/6734339.p?id=1218786218461&skuId=6734339&st=lg 60&cp=1&lp=2

Thanks and #HTTR

Hello Extremeskins family. I am in the market for a new 60 inch LED TV. I don't want to break the bank so I have narrowed my choices down to the following three models within my budget. Please let me know what your opinions are. It will be greatly appreciate. FYI I use the TV for gaming and watching the Skins.

Here are the models:

Sharp LC-60LE845U

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+(60-1/32%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4846568.p;jsessionid=65F62FCA6A57AEC7B01AB05C503E3553.bbolsp-app01-110?id=1218548286813&skuId=4846568&st=sharp 60&cp=1&lp=8

Samsung UN60ES6500

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+(60%26%2334%3B+Diag.)+-+LED+-+1080p+-+120Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4848141.p?id=1218551142820&skuId=4848141&st=samsung 60&cp=1&lp=2

LG 60LM7200

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+60%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/6734339.p?id=1218786218461&skuId=6734339&st=lg 60&cp=1&lp=2

Thanks and #HTTR

The samsung NO QUESTION please do yourself a favor and go buy it now. My mother just brought the 55" samsung 240hz LED 3D SMART TV and it is BAD ASS!!!!! and its on SALE 1499.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+55%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4848105.p?id=1218551143793&skuId=4848105

It is super thin there is almost no frame around the TV so its ALL TV your getting. The picture let me say is the best I have ever seen, movies look completley different, I don't know you are familair with the LED TVs but they have that soap opera effect that some people hate but I think it makes the picture much better. If you take off the soap opera then its still crystal clear. The smart features this TV has is ,sweet crazy amount of APPS everything is there you name it and its there and it also comes with 4 pairs of 3d Glasses

The 60" is mucher higher at 2500$ and not on sale for some reason but the picture with the Samsung compared too that LG TV and Sharp its no contest that samsung is a beast.

I'm in the process of looking for a new HDTV. I don't know why, but for some reason I just don't trust LED TVs to last a long time. They look too delicate. I am a bit snake bit when it comes to HDTVs because I spent about $2,000 on one in 2007 that is now giving me problems that aren't fixable. After talking to TV repairmen and doing some research, I learned that "they don't make 'em like they used to." The average lifespan of flat panel TVs is about 5 years. Some are lucky and have their TVs last longer. Some have major problems right after the 1 year warranty expires. I have some old school CRT tube TVs that are still working at 16-20 years old, yet my $2000 Sony is dying at 6 years old lol. Before making a purchase, I would go in with the mindset and ask myself this question, "if I buy this TV for this amount, will I feel like I got my money's worth if this TV dies in 5 years?" If so, go for it. Don't listen to any marketing hype or sale's pitches saying "this TV is rated at 60,000 hours. It'll last you 30 years." That is a bunch of hogwash because that is simply the estimated time of the back light. Other components of the TV fail well before the back light goes out.

The thing about LEDs is they give out almost ZERO HEAT that alone gives you a better trust in buying than the Tube TVs, Plasmas and LCDs, you don't have too worry about anything burning out.

I brought a 51 inch Plasma last year it 600hz 3D samsung over all nice TV picture is good but compared too the TV my mother brought that I mentioned above I am pissed I brought that TV last year even though it was 899 and now its 699 DAMN, but I don't care about the price the damn picture of the 55" LED is amazing and worth every penny, the TV can't get any clearer period.

The samsung NO QUESTION please do yourself a favor and go buy it now. My mother just brought the 55" samsung 240hz LED 3D SMART TV and it is BAD ASS!!!!! and its on SALE 1499.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+55%26%2334%3B+Class+-+LED+-+1080p+-+240Hz+-+Smart+-+3D+-+HDTV/4848105.p?id=1218551143793&skuId=4848105

We have this tv, and it's awesome.

Samsung is the best quality.

Edit; We also have a 52" Sharp Aquos from a few years ago. Nice tv, but the Samsung is better. Smart TVs are really cool.

I'd go with plasma, led's and lcd's look to digitalized and fake, plasma looks more life like and have deeper blacks imo

I am a gamer and i have been told Plasmas have burn in issues. I frequently dose off with games paused.,

---------- Post added February-25th-2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

It is super thin there is almost no frame around the TV so its ALL TV your getting. The picture let me say is the best I have ever seen, movies look completley different, I don't know you are familair with the LED TVs but they have that soap opera effect that some people hate but I think it makes the picture much better. If you take off the soap opera then its still crystal clear. The smart features this TV has is ,sweet crazy amount of APPS everything is there you name it and its there and it also comes with 4 pairs of 3d Glasses

I saw that TV and it is awesome. I just can't afford the 60 inch version. I am upgrading from a samsung 46 and I didnt feel like a 55 was worth the upgrade.

The 60" is mucher higher at 2500$ and not on sale for some reason but the picture with the Samsung compared too that LG TV and Sharp its no contest that samsung is a beast.

---------- Post added February-25th-2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

I saw that TV and it is awesome. I just can't afford the 60 inch version. I am upgrading from a samsung 46 and I didnt feel like a 55 was worth the upgrade.

---------- Post added February-25th-2013 at 02:34 PM ----------

Does anyone have any experience with LG LED TV's? What about active vs passive 3D?

Going from 46 to 55 is a BIG difference BIG BIG BIG, going too 60 would be a huge jump I don't know your set up but 55 works in almost any setting, bigger is better i guess :ols:

3D is nice I don't use it much, but the Panasonics you can use those cheap movie theather glasses so you don't have too worry about batteries and such. After the first month my 3d viewing dropped completley.

One guy said go with a Plasma, I will tell you don't! There is still burn in news channels and games are the worst were a scoreboard or scroll bar will say there the whole time, after about a hour of viewing a static image will be on the screen it goes away but after 10 minutes or so. If the average LEDtv looks just as good as the Samsung I saw then it blows the Plasma image out of the water. Like I said I brought my TV last year 51 inch Samsung 600 hz 3dtv and that Sumsung LED blows it out the water I will never look at my TV the same again.

From what I understand, plasma burn in isn't a problem with newer sets. A lot of gamers prefer plasmas now due to the burn in not being an issue like it used to be. Plasmas are still considered to have the best black levels and have better refresh rates. Plus, plasmas costs less than the other technology out there. Plasmas used to be more expensive, but that's not the case any more.

The thing about LEDs is they give out almost ZERO HEAT that alone gives you a better trust in buying than the Tube TVs, Plasmas and LCDs, you don't have too worry about anything burning out.

I brought a 51 inch Plasma last year it 600hz 3D samsung over all nice TV picture is good but compared too the TV my mother brought that I mentioned above I am pissed I brought that TV last year even though it was 899 and now its 699 DAMN, but I don't care about the price the damn picture of the 55" LED is amazing and worth every penny, the TV can't get any clearer period.

LED's are LCD's, all that changes is how it's back lit. But for how much lighter they are the CCFL backlit LCD's, LED back lit LCDs are worth it. Plus they use much less power.

Go plasma. If possible, get a Panasonic. They're always ranked high and their stuff last a long time.

I bought a Panny plasma and it was ridiculous. THX certified and everything. The picture looked incredible. Then it blew the main A board 3.5 years in. I'd still recommend them but I was pissed when it went down not even 4 years in

LED's are LCD's, all that changes is how it's back lit. But for how much lighter they are the CCFL backlit LCD's, LED back lit LCDs are worth it. Plus they use much less power.

A LED is a LCD but its a huge difference between a regular LCD and a LED, touch a regular LCD bulb and then touch a LED LCD bulb and then tell me are they the same. They use less power because the bulb don't get hot its cool too the touch the power consumption is much better.

I think I'll be in the market for a new TV soon myself. I have a 6 year old LCD that I think I'll swap out for a plasma Panasonic. I did a lot of reading on another forum last night and that seems to be the industry standard. Burn in, or image retention (IR) as they call it, still seems to be an issue but I think that those issues are limited especially if the plasma is "broken in" properly. What draws me to the plasma is its superior qualities over LCD/LED. Higher refresh rate, better contrast, more vibrant colors. Plus it's cheaper.

Seems like a win/win to me.

Maybe I'm bad for not being green, but I don't really care about power consumption because from what I've read, the cost savings are minimal at best, like maybe $10-20 a year. When you factor in that LEDs costs more than the other technologies, there really isn't any money being saved. Power consumption should be the very last thing to be concerned about when shopping for a new TV.

I think you have to try a few TVs before you know for sure what will work in your room.

I purchased and returned 5 before settling on an LG 55LM7600. Costco has a 90 day no hassle return policy and Best Buy 30 days. Don't be embarrassed to return it for whatever reason. You're paying retail after all, take advantage of it.

My room has lots of light and this one was particularly good for that situation. The Samsung black border was too reflective as was the screen.

I am a gamer and i have been told Plasmas have burn in issues. I frequently dose off with games paused.

That's mostly old and/or bad information. It's almost entirely a non-issue these days unless you leave your TV on a fixed image for days on end and, if you really want to be picky about it, even LCD screens can suffer from burn-in.

I think I'll be in the market for a new TV soon myself. I have a 6 year old LCD that I think I'll swap out for a plasma Panasonic. I did a lot of reading on another forum last night and that seems to be the industry standard. Burn in, or image retention (IR) as they call it, still seems to be an issue but I think that those issues are limited especially if the plasma is "broken in" properly. What draws me to the plasma is its superior qualities over LCD/LED. Higher refresh rate, better contrast, more vibrant colors. Plus it's cheaper.

Seems like a win/win to me.

I have a panasonic plasma in my basement. Love it, but its only good in a dark room .The screen is very reflective of ambient light. Otherwise, great TV and the prices are ridiculously low.

http://www.bjs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10201&storeId=10201&partNumber=P_150843999&sc_cid=GPLA&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=150843999

Why spend an extra $500-600 for a name? I bought this 60" Smart LED from Costco for $979. Picture is incredible. Works well in a VERY bright room. You need about 12' between seats and screen for optimal viewing. I have a Samsung 46" in the basement.

Archived