Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jodi Arias Thread, since none has been started.

Malapropismic Depository

Performed a very thorough search, and was very shocked to see there was no thread on this highly controversial trial going on.

Her whole defense story is quite entertaining.

And it's about to get even more entertaining now that she has even more crazily decided to take the stand, and the prosecution is about to rip her apart.

Isn't anyone else getting into this ?

Would be helpful if you could include an article or explanation about the case. I never heard of her until I saw this thread.

Sorry, I figured everyone knew all about it, because it's all over the television news, especially HLN.

In fact they are covering the trial live on a daily basis, and have commentary on it every night.

From all indications, it seemed as big as, or bigger than, the Casey Anthony trial, with many similarities as well.

Is this new news to others here, as well ?

Sorry, I figured everyone knew all about it, because it's all over the television news, especially HLN.

In fact they are covering the trial live on a daily basis, and have commentary on it every night.

From all indications, it seemed as big as, or bigger than, the Casey Anthony trial, with many similarities as well.

Is this new news to others here, as well ?

You still didn't provide a link or more details.

Here:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-prosecutor-grills-alleged-lies-jealosy/story?id=18558449

Thanks for the link.

As for basic details for those completely unfamiliar with the story, which I don't think that article covered (it was more of an update to the most recent testimony)......She is accused of killing her boyfriend. They found him in his shower, with 29 stab wounds, PLUS a gunshot wound to the head. One of the stab wounds was an ear-to-ear slashing across the throat.

She's claimed at least 3 completely different stories. At first, she told police she had nothing to do with it and knew nothing about it. Then she said she was at home at the time, and multiple intruders came in and killed her boyfriend, Travis Alexander, but left her unharmed.

Finally she settled on the story of self-defense, that her boyfriend became agressive with her during sex, and she killed him because she feared for her life.

They found her camera where she took pictures of the sex they had before his killing, AND pictures of his dead body in the shower, which the blood trail showed was dragged into the shower.

Friends say he was dating another girl, and was about to break up with her, when she decided if she couldn't have him, then no-one will. And that she came to his house one last time for sex, for the sole purpose of seducing him, so that he would be naked and more vulnerable to the killing attack.

The killing evidence of 29 stab wounds, a throat slashing, plus the gunshot wound sure do point to an act of rage of passion, as opposed to an act or story of self-defense.

Oh goodie more sensationalized murder trials, just what we need.

Yes, it's sensationalized, but it's an interesting case and defense. She's told multiple versions of the story, tried to defend herself, attempted to submit forged documents into evidence, and just finished NINE days on the stand with just the defense. Cross started yesterday and if this weren't such a terrible tragedy, I'd be laughing because the prosecutor is going to eviscerate her. Anyway, there are a few things about the case that are of interest, but I agree with you that this has been a sensationalized case, particularly with Nancy Grace, she seems obsessed.

Anyway, I've taken special interest in and followed this case since the murder in '08 as I was friends with Jodi in high school. We weren't close friends, but we partnered together on several English projects and I was shocked when I heard about it. She was so meek and docile in school, it was just weird to think of her doing something like this. Watching her on the stand now is definitely disturbing.

We weren't close friends, but we partnered together on several English projects and I was shocked when I heard about it. She was so meek and docile in school, it was just weird to think of her doing something like this. Watching her on the stand now is definitely disturbing.

OK, I'll ask...

29101072.jpg

Her defense attorney should be flogged just for letting her on the stand. Who does that in a murder trial?

That's what I thought at first, too. However, I am now convinced it's merely an act of desperation, because they know the mountain of evidence is pretty much a lock to convict her, without her taking the stand. Their whole defense strategy is acts of desperation. Everything they do, with their totally random, irrelevant, and unreasonable and constantly changing stories is basically throwing poo all over the wall, to see what sticks. And also in hopes to confuse the jury, because confusion in the jury can cause reasonable doubt. Hopefully, the jury can see right through all of that though.

Pretty sure she did it. Looks like an easy conviction to me.

She's admitted killing Travis. The prosecution is trying to prove premeditation making her eligible for the death penalty.

Her defense attorney should be flogged just for letting her on the stand. Who does that in a murder trial?

I'm not an attorney, but from what I understand, they pretty much had to put her up there since their entire defense is "self-defense." However, putting her on the stand and allowing her to ramble on for 9 days about everything but the murder (which she conveniently doesn't remember) and trash the character of the victim seems stupid to me. I imagine the prosecutor was just taking notes and licking his chops for the cross.

So, no signs of craziness in her at all, back then ?

Like I said, I wasn't besties with her. She was very quiet, extremely nice, highly intelligent and articulate. That's one of the reasons I liked working with her in English.

Archived