Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just confirmed - lower bowl ticket prices will increase this year

LCA77

What pisses me off is "Among the cheapest in division". There are 4 damn teams in the division. Really. 4. everyone is among the cheapest. And by the way, the Eagles announced increasees claiming they are the cheapest!

---------- Post added February-2nd-2013 at 12:17 AM ----------

Oh and by the way, $40 for parking is ****ing absurd.

I am hoping, with the additional increase in parking, the lots will open sooner for the late afternoon and night games. (but not holding my breath).

Also for those who say the tickets have not gone up in a long time, that is true for the tickets, but not the concessions...hence the $9 beers...which is why I do all my drinking pregame and sign up for the designated driver free soda (and I know where the water fountains are near my seats).

I knew this would be the main point being thrown around against the ticket price increase. That's why I pointed out that 18 teams increased prices before the 2010 season. I didn't bother to check each and every one, but it's safe to say that a lot of them weren't very good (we know that at least 6 teams weren't in the playoffs in 2009). Teams raise prices because operation costs increase.

TD, gotta give you credit here.......I saw that the Eagles are raising ticket prices after their worst season in quite a while.

Also for those who say the tickets have not gone up in a long time, that is true for the tickets, but not the concessions...hence the $9 beers...

Beer was only $5 for a 16 ounce domestic as recently as 2005. Same price whether you were buying at the stand or from a mobile vendor.

The ticket increase is the least annoying increase. The concessions aren't worth buying and the parking is ridiculous in the suburbs. Paying full price for games they will cancel for bad weather is the worst part. Why we have to give Snyder full price for preseason games is mind numbing. Don't worry though, they added new video screens ten years after everyone else so we should feel honored. There are also electric vehicle charging stations which I file under the "who the hell cares?" category. I'd almost prefer they tell us the increase is to pay Dr. Andrews to get The Franchise back on the field.

I think we can rationalize the price increase in a lot of ways. The fact is that the team and the NFL have been making money hand over fist for awhile now. The idea that the team is somehow in dire straits for cash is silly. I think it has to do with is a bunch of factors. I do think that continued increases in price in an economy of stagnant, if not lack of growth, in the realm of Joe Everyman are aimed at removing Joe Everyman as a season ticket holder in the NFL. Why is that? Not exactly sure.

These things are already cost prohibitive to many fans. Increasing the price does nothing but drive up corporate allotments of tickets and keep regular folks out, in my opinion. I am not sure why that is, but it seems that way to me. I have generally felt like the price of admission for these things was wildly expensive to begin with for quite some time. I still bought season tickets when given the opportunity, but the cost is just too much.

The increase isn't that bad. My thoughts are:

This is the first increase in 6 years. I have had capitals season tickets for 4 years and over that time, my tickets have gone up over 50%.

Secondly, they charged regular season prices for the playoff game. They didn't have to do that, but did.

In all, I don't want to pay more, but understand why they raised prices.

Secondly, they charged regular season prices for the playoff game. They didn't have to do that, but did.

The way I understand it, the Redskins don't set the price for the playoff games, the NFL does. When I talked to one of the reps that sells club tickets, they were very upset that the NFL only charged the prices they did. They were hoping they would be higher. If the Redskins had their way, no way the playoff tickets (or most of them at least) would have been as low as they were.

The way I understand it, the Redskins don't set the price for the playoff games, the NFL does. When I talked to one of the reps that sells club tickets, they were very upset that the NFL only charged the prices they did. They were hoping they would be higher. If the Redskins had their way, no way the playoff tickets (or most of them at least) would have been as low as they were.

Interesting. I did not know that.

Not suprising that prices will go up seeing as how prices have not gone up in years....and (more importantly) we now have a team that maybe will draw more fans into the stadium.

I paid around $2500 last season for parking and 2 tickets in the lower bowl 214 area. Will see what the bill is this year.....but there is something fun about being at the stadium and enjoying watching the game in person. At least for me. And that stadium was rocking many, many times this season....Vikings game....Buzzards game....Cowturds and Seachickens.

Anyhow.....good heads up but no real suprise for me....

Not suprising that prices will go up seeing as how prices have not gone up in years....and (more importantly) we now have a team that maybe will draw more fans into the stadium.

I paid around $2500 last season for parking and 2 tickets in the lower bowl 214 area. Will see what the bill is this year.....but there is something fun about being at the stadium and enjoying watching the game in person. At least for me. And that stadium was rocking many, many times this season....Vikings game....Buzzards game....Cowturds and Seachickens.

Anyhow.....good heads up but no real suprise for me....

I agree, the only people that say "I'd rather watch it from home" are the ones that can't afford it.

I agree, the only people that say "I'd rather watch it from home" are the ones that can't afford it.

I don't believe this to be true. I know MANY people who have the money to go but simply won't. One person, for example, refuses to stand for 3 hrs when he's in the lower bowl. He will only get lower level seats, but simply isn't gonna stand. He's 34 and more than capable of doing so, but just doesn't like it for the ENTIRE game. Another example - 2 die hard fans but their son plays hockey and many times the game overlaps with the Skins game. They'd never be able to make the game with the tons of last minute traffic, but they can make it to the comfort of their own living room before kickoff. They'd love to go, but the son is a higher priority. From not wanting to deal with drunks, traffic, commuting, etc, there are many reasons why. My father canceled his season tickets many years ago after we got him the 60" HDTV. He repeatedly says "I have a better view than anyone at the stadium." He is 100% correct and the game day experience means zero to him compared to being able to have the best view available of his team.

But lots of folks who can easily afford it prefer the living room experience.

Agreed. The stadium seats 80,000, but there are a decent portion of those seats that are less than optimal. Pay $120 in the lower bowl to stand all game in many areas (because of the stupid dream seats) or pay discounted prices in the visitor's side in the upper part of the 200s but have an obstructed view. If you get too high up in the 400s, the players look like ants (there is a reason why 12K of the uppers have been yanked). And of course the club level is pretty pricey.

Then there's getting to the place. Either make the mile walk from the Metro, or pay $40 to park but have to deal with circling the lots looking for a space because of all the folks taking up multiple spots with their stuff.

I've been to the vast majority of the games at FedEx since it opened and still enjoy the experience, but can easily see the point of view of those who'd want to stay home.

There's good arguments to be made either way but in the end it's a personal preference and there's no need for one side to try and convince the other. I enjoy the game day experience particularly tailgating and would argue that being there is the only way to see everything there is to see during the game as on TV, you are limited to what the producers want you to see.

The increase in price is to be expected and not too bad from what I'm hearing and the bang for the buck is well worth it....to me and my 5 ticket partners.

Absolutely, there are good arguments to be made either way if the argument is which is better: being at the game or watching at home? That's simply a matter of personal preference. As much as I love going to all home games and some away games, I also enjoy just chilling at home with friends watching away games. However, there is NO argument whatsoever to be made for the comment " the only people that say I'd rather watch it from home are the ones that can't afford it." That's is just a ridiculous statement and 100% not true.

I think that's pretty shortsighted. I'm sure a bunch of people could afford season tickets but they choose not to. For some people (like me), it's so awesome to turn on my 48' HDTV with surround sound, buy a 12 pack for around $10, enjoy some home cooked meal and relax on my couch for game. The whole "experience" at the stadium is off putting for me.

Damn. I think I owe MTH a cigar.
Remove "I think" :)
10% really doesn't bother me too much, especially after 6 years with no increase. Then again, 10% per ticket x 10 games with payments beginning in March (or April, I can't recall which) does add up. Either way, we really can't complain about that. At least we didn't have to pay ridiculous PSL fees on top of this like many teams, so I'll take it.

The wording in the press release is a little odd. Either it's poorly written, or it is purposely ambiguous.

Among other things, the press release states:

General Admission ticket prices have increased for the first time in seven seasons, with most seats going up no more than 10 percent.

This does not translate to mean that some of the tickets won't be going up more than 10%.

For example, all original lower bowl tickets could go up 20% (or more), all the other tickets could go up 10%, and the press release statement is still true.

Just sayin'.

Archived