Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just confirmed - lower bowl ticket prices will increase this year

LCA77

My seats are mid-field, lower level, approximately 20 rows off the field. The seats have been in my family for over 50 years. I get that the team needs to capitalize on the season they had this year, but such a dramatic increase in one year seems steep. I'm not even so upset about the increase in general, but rather the way it was rolled out. For those of us who were expecting a 10% increase, only to find an increase 4 times that, it stings. I think that each STH should have at least been sent an e-mail with the info there. As it is, I can't afford my seats this year, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Ok thx HOF44. But we're still unclear on where the the $150s start and end correct?

Yeah, but I'm going to guess they start and stop at the 50 yard line sections. In other words, those four sections. I mean, those sections hold something like 2400 seats, so with only 700 accounts, how could it be more than four sections?

Section 122 & 119 here - $139 per ticket and I have 5. Last year they were $99 so it's definitely up $40 for LL outside the end-zone. I think the PG County Admission & Amusement Tax went up as well. That's 10% of the seat total or $417 on one invoice and $278 on the other. My total is almost $8k.

As someone said above, these have been in the family forever, but I may be forced to rethink it this year unless I can get family help. I could almost buy a new or good used car for price of tickets. :ols:

Yeah, but I'm going to guess they start and stop at the 50 yard line sections. In other words, those four sections. I mean, those sections hold something like 2400 seats, so with only 700 accounts, how could it be more than four sections?

Probably 8 sections if they include the 1997 200 level seating at midfield.

I suspect the top $ zone could span the 25 ydlns to include 16 sections. IMO there are likely enough seats in those zones which have been removed from the GA pool over the years, which could bring the number down to 704 accounts.

The press release states:

I plan to renew. Loved watching the games this season. First year I attended every regular season game. Question though: if London Fletcher decides not to come back, or we're watching Kirk Cousins instead of Robert Griffin next season, do I have a good case for a lawsuit for fraud?

2576136-obvious_troll_wedding.jpg

I lol'd though :ols:

Ok thx HOF44. But we're still unclear on where the the $150s start and end correct?

I called the ticket office today. They told me the ones for $150+ were sections 101, 142, 121, 122. The entire section in those 4 sections are the highest price point.

200 level terrace seating from what I can see is not the same as 100 level seating. A friend in section 205 has seats and they are 119.90 each.It appears as though section 105-138 on the home side are $130.90 each but section 205-238 are $119.90 each. It would be interesting to hear from someone else closer to midfield in the 200 level seats.

Anyone with sideline 200 seats get an invoice. I'd be interested to see if there prices mirror the 100's or are lower.

I just got a clarification from the ticket office. I was given bad information a few days ago from them - what a surprise. The $130.90 price point starts at section 104 - 139 on the home side and 118 - 125 on the visitors side. So it's not end zone to end zone, it's goal line to goal line.
Cool. JKC considered 117 a sidelines seat, but we know it really was aligned with the back of the endzone. So yeah. Thanks.
Probably 8 sections if they include the 1997 200 level seating at midfield.

I suspect the top $ zone could span the 25 ydlns to include 16 sections. IMO there are likely enough seats in those zones which have been removed from the GA pool over the years, which could bring the number down to 704 accounts.

Earlier in the thread LCA was saying the low row 200 levels only went up from 109 to 119, including the sidelines. Doesn't make much sense, but that's what he said.

Okay, so now we know everything. The only area we're not absolutely sure about are the 200 level 50 yard line sections, like 201, although it's been reported that $150 prices are only at four sections. But if 202 is $119, is 201 $130? That's what I wonder.

Earlier in the thread LCA was saying the low row 200 levels only went up from 109 to 119, including the sidelines. Doesn't make much sense, but that's what he said.

Correct. BUT, I said that based on a seat in section 205 being $109.90 because that's when a lady at the ticket office told me the price increase started at section 105. So, I used the logic that if section 105 was $130.90 yet 205 was $119.90, then there was a price difference. Now that I talked to a different guy today and was told the price increase starts at section 104, not 105 as I was earlier told, it makes sense that section 205 is $119.90 because section 105 is $119.90 as well. Based on this, I assume that the 200 section seats follow the same pattern. I'm gonna call again Thursday to confirm. It would be nice to get an accurate answer from them, but I will admit that they're much better these last few years than prior years. The summary is that the 100 and 200 level look to be the same now.

Online my account balance is USD 4,352.00 parking and handling included, my 3 seats are in section 103 seats 7-9, seat 7 is right on the 20

I swear that is about 800$ more than my bill was last season! jeeez, I really have to think this over, my tickets have been in my family since Griffith stadium *sigh* Might keep them if they will let me let one seat go. and just buy 2.....

Correct. BUT, I said that based on a seat in section 205 being $109.90 because that's when a lady at the ticket office told me the price increase started at section 105. So, I used the logic that if section 105 was $130.90 yet 205 was $119.90, then there was a price difference. Now that I talked to a different guy today and was told the price increase starts at section 104, not 105 as I was earlier told, it makes sense that section 205 is $119.90 because section 105 is $119.90 as well. Based on this, I assume that the 200 section seats follow the same pattern. I'm gonna call again Thursday to confirm. It would be nice to get an accurate answer from them, but I will admit that they're much better these last few years than prior years. The summary is that the 100 and 200 level look to be the same now.

Makes since. I'm going to guess it's $130 for 204-202. Still not sure about 201.

I was in section 436 row 11 last season. How long will it take for me to be moved down to the 200s based on past history?

For the past couple of years (last year in particular) it seemed like if you asked to be upgraded to lower level you had a good shot at moving into the LL endzone. From what I understand if you want to get prime LL sideline tickets your best bet is negotiating a club level contract that puts you there at the end. Otherwise many years. which is probably a good argument for buying those tickets on the aftermarket instead of being a season ticket holder if you want to sit in prime seats.

Online my account balance is USD 4,352.00 parking and handling included, my 3 seats are in section 103 seats 7-9, seat 7 is right on the 20

I swear that is about 800$ more than my bill was last season! jeeez, I really have to think this over, my tickets have been in my family since Griffith stadium *sigh* Might keep them if they will let me let one seat go. and just buy 2.....[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat man. Underlined is exactly what I'm going to have to do as well, alleviating part of the increase. I think a TO call is warranted so they can adjust the invoice. That way it won't show an outstanding balance.

Ok, here is the breakdown I just got from the ticket office. I'm just using the home side because that's what I know but of course the visitor sideline mirrors it:

Sections 104/204, 103/203, 102/202 are $130.90 per ticket.

Sections 141/241, 140/240, 139/239 are $130.90 per ticket

Sections 201 and 242 are also $130.90 per ticket.

So, the only sections that went up to $150+ per ticket are sections 101 and 142 and 121 and 122. There are NO 200 level tickets that are priced more than $130.90. The 200 level seats are treated the same as the 100 level seats except for the 4 sections at midfield, which are priced as the rest of the sideline tickets.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Ok, here is the breakdown I just got from the ticket office. I'm just using the home side because that's what I know but of course the visitor sideline mirrors it:

Sections 104/204, 103/203, 102/202 are $130.90 per ticket.

Sections 141/241, 140/240, 139/239 are $130.90 per ticket

Sections 201 and 242 are also $130.90 per ticket.

So, the only sections that went up to $150+ per ticket are sections 101 and 142 and 121 and 122. There are NO 200 level tickets that are priced more than $130.90. The 200 level seats are treated the same as the 100 level seats except for the 4 sections at midfield, which are priced as the rest of the sideline tickets.

Hope this helps to clarify.

201 and 242 are the best seats in the stadium. It's ridiculous that they are cheaper than 101 and 142.

How are they handling upgrades this year? I haven't seen the auto-upgrade preference option yet.

The printed invoice sent home said there was a new and improved Seat Upgrade program, details to follow. You have to pay or choose the payment plan and be up to date on payments by April 1 to be eligible for it.

Archived